Fire Chan.... Hire Wannstedt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Wanny has always sucked as a HC, It would be like having Wade, Capers and Lebeau as HCs; great DCs bad HCs.

I say bring in Mike Sherman as OC and then Chan can do his own job.

Wade had 3 play-off years as head coach with us....I'm jus saying

You know what's funny..... with a healthy Fred Jackson we were 5-2 or 5-3(if u include the game that he got injuried)

Without him ......1-7 or(1-6)

Fred accounted for 40% of our offense ..... I play Chan for not making adjustments and even for not using Spiller enough earlier ......

But if any average to good team loses the player that actually makes them average to good....this is the product....

How bout this ? Do you think that those empty seats had anything to do with it being CHRISTMAS !! & people were spending their money on gifts & not football tickets ?? HELLO

In past years, when the Bills were successful and the Dec/Jan games meant something, the fans filled the stadium. Even during economic slumps.

So no, I don't think it directly has to do with Christmas. It has to do with unwatchable football and people choosing to spend their money elsewise - on gifts. or booze. or snowblowers. or Buffalo wings.

If the choice is Chan or Wannstache, I'd prefer...

Mike Leach

Wasn't he just hired to coach Washington State?

so, someone elects to sign up and join TwoBillsDrive and, in the midst of another bad season, comes up with a wild idea: "Coach needs to be fired. Another coach needs to be hired (or, in this case, promoted)."

anyone is better than the guy the team's got. and even Dan Henning would do.

new poster loves said idea, believes it to be so out of the box and unique, that a new thread needs to be started. "damn the lot of them: no one's thoughta this before. feet first i'm jumping. what a genius, am i. i can't believe no one -- and i mean NO ONE -- has ever thought of this before. not two years ago, not 5 years ago, not 7 years ago. ... not since perhaps Hank Bullough was the coach!!!!!"

never mind the fact the team has gone through five coaches already in 11 years. never mind that the constant turnover has sunk the bills to this perennial rebuilding point for quite some time. never mind the fact that the Bills offense and defense, for that matter, have shown signs of improvement over last year.

change is necessary, because change is different.

and thus, we can all rest easy, because from out of nowhere, and thanks be to the intrawebs for providing this poster the vehicle, to provide a solution in which Buffalo's problems have been solved for essentially ever.

can't wait for poster's next suggestion, or let me guess: "Bills need a pass-rusher."

jw

Wasn't he just hired to coach Washington State?

Yes.

Although technically the contract has not yet been signed, Leach is both a lawyer and a principled man - so he'll certainly honor the deal.

Should the Bills continue to founder, however, Leach does have a buy-out that Ralph could certainly afford...

10 incentives sweeten Mike Leach's agreement with WSU

so, someone elects to sign up and join TwoBillsDrive and, in the midst of another bad season, comes up with a wild idea: "Coach needs to be fired. Another coach needs to be hired (or, in this case, promoted)."

new poster loves said idea, believes it to be so out of the box and unique, that a new thread needs to be started. "damn the lot of them: no one's thoughta this before. feet first i'm jumping. what a genius, am i. i can't believe no one -- and i mean NO ONE -- has ever thought of this before. not two years ago, not 5 years ago, not 7 years ago. ... not since perhaps Hank Bullough was the coach!!!!!"

never mind the fact the team has gone through five coaches already in 11 years. never mind that the constant turnover has sunk the bills to this perennial rebuilding point for quite some time. never mind the fact that the Bills offense and defense, for that matter, have shown signs of improvement over last year.

and thus, we can all rest easy, because from out of nowhere, and thanks be to the intrawebs for providing this poster the vehicle, to provide a solution in which Buffalo's problems have been solved for essentially ever.

can't wait for poster's next suggestion, or let me guess: "Bills need a pass-rusher."

jw

Frustrated Bills fan wants to blow it all up again. Not exactly news like you say. Not sure I see a reason to get your knickers in a twist over it though. :huh:

Let's see what he can do at Wazoo first. That is a football program in a sad state of disrepair. If he can fix that mess, then maybe he could clean up our mess too?

I agree completely.

And, conversely, let's see how Chan does next season with a (hopefully) healthy roster, a full compliment of OTAs and regular training camp/preseason (no NFLPA labor dispute/lockout), another year of development for the youngsters, some decent FA/trade acquisitions, and (again, hopefully) a fruitful 2012 draft.

Personally, being a fan of both Leach and Gailey, I'd like to see both of 'em take their respective teams to a bowl game next season :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

Think about this idea. Chan has been ineffective during his tenure as Bills coach. His suspect Playcalling toward the end of the season clearly cost this team some victories.

The 20,000 empty send a powerful message to Ralph Wilson, the Bills fans won't stand for the crap product he and Chan have put on the field. So here is my advice - fire BOTH Chan and Edwards and have Wannstedt lead this team. Wanny was a very good coach as was effective as HC of Miami. He was able to beat New England and he'd help our defense.

The good thing he'd do though, is bring in a new OC that would not screw things up like Chan.

Really Wanny as HC could be the best thing for this team

What a joke! Stop the insanity!

Yes.

Although technically the contract has not yet been signed, Leach is both a lawyer and a principled man - so he'll certainly honor the deal.

Should the Bills continue to founder, however, Leach does have a buy-out that Ralph could certainly afford...

10 incentives sweeten Mike Leach's agreement with WSU

Hmmm....$200,000 for a BCS title game? $25,000 for the highest graduation of public PAC 12 schools? Well, there's $225,000 saved right there. Free "suite" (which doesn't yet exist) at their 40,000 seat stadium. The use of a couple of Chevy's and a gym membership.

Wow--sweet package. Lawyer Leach certainly drives a hard bargain.

And what's the over under on the buyout? I'll say $900,000.

jw

NFN but it goes way beyond the 5 head coaches in 11 years.

What I don't get is the fact that this owner had a brilliant idea in hiring Tom Donahoe as GM & president to run his team in 2001, and then fires him in 2005. then doesn't replace him with a different proper GM or president. Was Tom Donahoe the only person on the face of the earth trustworthy enough to garner this owners blind faith in a job? RW then makes himself president again and hires a ex- HC Marv Levy to GM. A man with no virtually no practical GM experience whatsoever. This stupidity has to be compared along the same lines as Detroit hiring an announcer as CEO and de facto GM in Matt Millen.

Then, if that wasn't bad enough after Marv Levy retires this owner lets then HC Dick Jauron make personnel decisions along with the business man Russ Brandon (real de facto GM?) John Guy and Jim Overdorf. With Tom Modrak running the scouting dept.

No real GM, no real president from 05 to 09 to run this franchise. then he hires an ex head of scouting as GM. What is it with this owner? Does he not trust another human besides himself to run his team. I find it difficult to believe that an astute businessman like Wilson doesn't realize he isn't getting the job done in terms of wins. Or is he just that much of a hard ass that he refuses to let it go?

Jeez, Hire a President like Bills Polian- Ozzie Newsome clone, and then sit back and enjoy the wins.

Current Atlana Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff would be a perfect choice to hire as the new Buffalo Bills president, IMHO. Look what he has done for the Atlanta Falcons since he was hired in 08. Then let him make all the decisions on the football operations,staff and players. I could basically guarantee that this franchise would be competing for the division ever year. Doesn't this owner even care about going out as a winner?

Edited by Fear the Beard

Think about this idea. Chan has been ineffective during his tenure as Bills coach. His suspect Playcalling toward the end of the season clearly cost this team some victories.

The 20,000 empty send a powerful message to Ralph Wilson, the Bills fans won't stand for the crap product he and Chan have put on the field. So here is my advice - fire BOTH Chan and Edwards and have Wannstedt lead this team. Wanny was a very good coach as was effective as HC of Miami. He was able to beat New England and he'd help our defense.

The good thing he'd do though, is bring in a new OC that would not screw things up like Chan.

Really Wanny as HC could be the best thing for this team

Go away. no revolving door at HC please. two more years. then we will see. The guy needs an average level of injuries and his players for one entire season to judge. Hasn't happened yet. He has many of the pieces now. I want to see what they can do for most of an entire season. Can't have your best players go on IR at Midseason and expect to compete in the NFL over a two month stretch.

That is the best replacement you can come up with? Is it because he has been part of our special defense this year?

Chan deserves another year. We will never be a real team untill old Ralphy kicks the bucket anyway.

Just like Ralph is doin at this point in his life....were just pissin in the wind being fans while he is still the owner. But hey I am a glutton for punishment.

the bold is quoted for truth.

jw

I joined recently. I guess you could say i am new here. Or am I? No, I am not the author of any threads here. However I find some of the threads interesting. This particular one was BORING, until I read your negative comments on a poster.Who BTW could be a kid for all anyone knows. Who cares let's toast the poster anyways. A slow day in the office? Man I wish you would let me grade some of your AP articles, because I could get justifiably critical. Especially your softball "interviews" with a certain NFL owner. However, this forum has lost more than one media type because of maybe just that. When teams are in the deep end of over a decade of suckitude it's sad too see the fans start calling other fans out. Or in JW's case a member of the media calling out a fan on a forum. Ha, that's rich.

I don't mean to get personnel myself. But this stuff is all over the place here recently. Frankly, I enjoy your insights here sometimes. But for some crazy reason I thought you were above what you wrote above. Well, i guess anyone is fair game.