Santa Fitz

PromoTheRobot

My friends cousin who was 12 years old & suffering from a rare form of cancer had his grandparents take him to the movies a few months ago. He was so sick he had trouble getting back to the car & there was a gentleman in the parking lot that came over to help assist him in the car. That guy was none other then Fitz. Took down his information, got him an autographed signed authentic football helmet from the entire team, helped the family with medical bills & such in the young boys final months of his life. Moorman was also a huge help & really went above the call of duty from what my friend tells me. Calling him on a weekly basis, going to the funeral, paying for stuff so that his last few months were as enjoyable as possible. My friend said at the funeral he made his way over to Moorman, introduced himself & said "man I really appreciate all you did for my cousin." Brian simply replied "that is the least I could do." Class act, both of them.

what i find worse is that this is what shows true character, yet you make a kneeling gesture and you are made out to be the second coming of mother theresa by the media and fans alike...the measure of true character is how you act when people AREN'T watching...

It's to bad that this kind of stuff probably doesn't get as much publicity as hitting some one with a car or having a gun in your car but thanks for putting this link up to affirm what type of guy Fitz & his family are !!

WOW :thumbsup:

My friends cousin who was 12 years old & suffering from a rare form of cancer had his grandparents take him to the movies a few months ago. He was so sick he had trouble getting back to the car & there was a gentleman in the parking lot that came over to help assist him in the car. That guy was none other then Fitz. Took down his information, got him an autographed signed authentic football helmet from the entire team, helped the family with medical bills & such in the young boys final months of his life. Moorman was also a huge help & really went above the call of duty from what my friend tells me. Calling him on a weekly basis, going to the funeral, paying for stuff so that his last few months were as enjoyable as possible. My friend said at the funeral he made his way over to Moorman, introduced himself & said "man I really appreciate all you did for my cousin." Brian simply replied "that is the least I could do." Class act, both of them.

I hope thats a true story. Really touching. I couldnt imagine Bledsoe or Losman doing anything so selfless. Id like to think if I was in these players position Id give back in ways like this all the time.

i have heard nothing but good things about both Bledsoe adn Losman...Losman, from all reports really embraced the buffalo community. I cannot comment on his philanthropic or humanitarian endeavors but there is nothing I have ever heard to the contrary. I think this kind of activity is a lot more common than anyone can imagine, granted some is done for tax purposes, but there is a lot that is done because they can. Like someone above mentioned, I wish more stories like this were brought to the publics eyes instead of the missteps by so many, but as the song goes...give us dirty laundry...

I hope thats a true story. Really touching. I couldnt imagine Bledsoe or Losman doing anything so selfless. Id like to think if I was in these players position Id give back in ways like this all the time.

Very True Story. Moorman goes about his community service rather quietly, however, it is heartfelt. His P.U.N.T. Foundation provides emotional and financial support to pediatric cancer patients and their families. He is a class act and I hope more support his foundation. What he did for the 15 year old cancer patient (recently passed) and his family is wonderful. Also, I believe the foundation was started well before the birth of his son in 2010. I know many athletes have foundations for financial and tax benefits, however, I don't think that is the case with Moorman.