A couple thoughts and a wish.

Toshiero

The Buffalo Bills are still the #1 team in the NFL at protecting the QB. Going into yesterdays game we still gave up the least amount of sacks for a team. Until Freddie got hurt he was in the top 3 in rushing among QB's I believe? I watched CJ tear up some ass yesterday and it was because he wasn't hardly ever touched at the LOS. I watched as WR's were wide open and got good separation several times, as they have in previous weeks.

So help me with some simple math here. Best Pass blocking OL in the NFL Sack wise, Damn good run blocking OL, TE's and WR's able to get open... so what does that leave wrong with the passing game? Now I will admit I am no Rocket Surgeon, but I think this is pretty easy to figure out.

The run D and pass rush overall sucks. That is still an issue even though Nix has put several draft picks etc into the position. I have always been, and am still, convinced this guy needs to go as GM and we need someone worth a damn as a talent evaluator.

Anyway, My wish is for all of my fellow Bills family to have a safe and happy Christmas today. Eat big, drink some, love all as much as you can. I pray that 2012 is the best year of your lives.

God Bless

The Buffalo Bills are still the #1 team in the NFL at protecting the QB. Going into yesterdays game we still gave up the least amount of sacks for a team. Until Freddie got hurt he was in the top 3 in rushing among QB's I believe? I watched CJ tear up some ass yesterday and it was because he wasn't hardly ever touched at the LOS. I watched as WR's were wide open and got good separation several times, as they have in previous weeks.

So help me with some simple math here. Best Pass blocking OL in the NFL Sack wise, Damn good run blocking OL, TE's and WR's able to get open... so what does that leave wrong with the passing game? Now I will admit I am no Rocket Surgeon, but I think this is pretty easy to figure out.

The run D and pass rush overall sucks. That is still an issue even though Nix has put several draft picks etc into the position. I have always been, and am still, convinced this guy needs to go as GM and we need someone worth a damn as a talent evaluator.

Anyway, My wish is for all of my fellow Bills family to have a safe and happy Christmas today. Eat big, drink some, love all as much as you can. I pray that 2012 is the best year of your lives.

God Bless

That stat figure of sacks is very misleading, while they do have few sacks its more of the short passing scheme and Fitz's uncanny ability to find the open receiver and hit him within 3 seconds or less. Osi Umenyiora DE of the NY Giants stated he can get the ball out in 1.5 seconds, and "nobody can get to him" The Giants changed the way they pass rush just for Fitz.

ESPN reported back around week 6 that the Bills were the second worst team in the NFL in allowing QB pressure in under 3 seconds, and that was when Eric wood was healthy.

Denver only allowed 6 points to the Bills offense, the other 34 points were by the defense and special teams, and those 6 points were a TD by Spiller. So my take is the running game opened up the short passing game, thank the lord Chan Gailey didn't stop using Spiller this game like he did in the last few games. I think perhaps Fitz had a better game because the Bronco's can't get much pressure up the middle from their D line. While 15-27 for 196 yards isn't great, he still did better then he has his previous few games.

As for Buddy Nix, the guy did want Cam newton over Marcel Darius and stated he would have taken Newton had he been there. I think Nix will do better now that Modrak hit the bricks, time will tell.

Hope all Bills fans are having a Merry Christmas :D

Edited by Fear the Beard

That stat figure of sacks is very misleading, while they do have few sacks its more of the short passing scheme and Fitz's uncanny ability to find the open receiver and hit him within 3 seconds or less. Osi Umenyiora DE of the NY Giants stated he can get the ball out in 1.5 seconds, and "nobody can get to him" The Giants changed the way they pass rush just for Fitz.

ESPN reported back around week 6 that the Bills were the second worst team in the NFL in allowing QB pressure in under 3 seconds, and that was when Eric wood was healthy.

Denver only allowed 6 points to the Bills offense, the other 34 points were by the defense and special teams, and those 6 points were a TD by Spiller. So my take is the running game opened up the short passing game, thank the lord Chan Gailey didn't stop using Spiller this game like he did in the last few games. I think perhaps Fitz had a better game because the Bronco's can't get much pressure up the middle from their D line. While 15-27 for 196 yards isn't great, he still did better then he has his previous few games.

As for Buddy Nix, the guy did want Cam newton over Marcel Darius and stated he would have taken Newton had he been there. I think Nix will do better now that Modrak hit the bricks, time will tell.

Hope all Bills fans are having a Merry Christmas :D

Really? We should have been running to ball to open up play action? What a ingenious idea! Someone should tell Gailey