Anyone have an idea why Roosevelt is inactive?

PromoTheRobot

I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's the special teams thing.

Naaman is small.

The other guys are big.

He doesn't play on coverage or returns.

The other guys do.

Yea you have to play special teams if you not starting.

Im wish Naaman well, but I think Hagan might be better.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's the special teams thing.

Naaman is small.

The other guys are big.

He doesn't play on coverage or returns.

The other guys do.

Yep. The 4 and 5 WRs have to play special teams, just as Donald Jones and Sam Aiken before him did (very well I might add).

Most fans don't realize the implications of roster size limits. non-starters (and some starters, esp on punts) have to do several things well.

I have an idea.....He isn't very good, is completely limited to short to intermediate routes, and isn't producing. Who cares if he is the local boy.

Makes him a perfect fit for Fitz.

He sucks. I love how in Buffalo we talk about practice squad guys like him and Jasper. New England gets to discuss if Brady is the best of all time... Sheer madness

Not madness. Think about it, Buffalo is a small dirt poor city and almost always looked down on and viewed as an underdog. It's only natural for Bills fans to also gravitate towards the underdog players. Plus, what the hell else has there been to be happy about the last 12 seasons.

You can't have a squad of T.O.s. Someone has to be the underneath outlet grunt that catches 99% of what's thrown his way. That's the role I saw for Roosevelt. But if Hagen does that and can play special teams then what can you do?

And what's wrong with cheering for the local kid?

PTR

Just wondering why the most experienced and effective WR from a depleted group is not playing 2 weeks in a row?

PTR

Ruvell Martin? I think he is the most experienced WR of the group, but definitly not the most effective

maybe he just isn't as good as most thought he was? I think the hype for him is more about playing at UB, then for his actual playing ability. Bills fans tend to do this, like the crazy man love for Jasper just because he is huge

Makes him a perfect fit for Fitz.

Not madness. Think about it, Buffalo is a small dirt poor city and almost always looked down on and viewed as an underdog. It's only natural for Bills fans to also gravitate towards the underdog players. Plus, what the hell else has there been to be happy about the last 12 seasons.

Should have used "Makes him a perfect Fitz......"

You can't have a squad of T.O.s. Someone has to be the underneath outlet grunt that catches 99% of what's thrown his way. That's the role I saw for Roosevelt. But if Hagen does that and can play special teams then what can you do?

PTR

Promo the underneath guy has been Nelson when healthy.

Roosevelt was never the Z (Hagen's spot, formerly Jones then Smith/Spiller).

Roosevelt was the #4 or #5 in 5 WR sets. He's not that good on special teams or blocking, is the prob. I think, and the #4 and #5 guys got to play dual roles.

Aren't those routes best suited for Fitzpatrick's game?

Ok but when you have players that you don't have to respect the fact they could run by you, you force our accuracy challenged qb to throw into tight windows as DBS are sitting on routes. We have two guys that cant run past anyone in Roosevelt and Nelson. Three if you count Chandler. The lack of threat makes it tough on Fitz

PTR

Promo...nearly every one of our routes are underneath.(or that's where Fitzy always chooses to go)

Hey, Roosevelt looked pretty fast taking one to the house out of the slot against the Giants. He's not blazing obviously but he has football speed.

I think it's more a matter of Gailey seeing what he's got in some other WR's. Chan has mentioned in every conversation about Naaman that he isn't the biggest nor the fastest guy out there. I suspect every drop he has (and i count only 2)...that it costs Roosevelt more than any other WR on the roster in terms of his status on the team.

Ruvell Martin? I think he is the most experienced WR of the group, but definitly not the most effective

maybe he just isn't as good as most thought he was? I think the hype for him is more about playing at UB, then for his actual playing ability. Bills fans tend to do this, like the crazy man love for Jasper just because he is huge

Should have used "Makes him a perfect Fitz......"

Ruvell Martin has an injured hammy, but has been practicing and should play Sunday.

PTR

Just wondering why the most experienced and effective WR from a depleted group is not playing 2 weeks in a row?

PTR

Maybe to give Aiken & others more playing time to see what they have as far as going int o next year ???? If Aiken is doing as well as they said he was doing in the preseason that would make some sense , but who knows ????

Ok but when you have players that you don't have to respect the fact they could run by you, you force our accuracy challenged qb to throw into tight windows as DBS are sitting on routes. We have two guys that cant run past anyone in Roosevelt and Nelson. Three if you count Chandler. The lack of threat makes it tough on Fitz

Speed is not everything. Jerry Rice, Art Monk, and Steve Largent are in the Hall of Fame. What we need. IMHO. are better route-runners.

these are the same comments from uninformed guys who think he has a weak arm

I don't necessarily think he has a weak arm, but I know he does not have a Jim Kelly/Drew Bledsoe arm, either. It has been stated that he is not a deep ball QB, an so I believe we need WRs that can get open on short-medium routes and make YAC.