Anybody know anything about Google Voice?

The Big Cat

I'm switching from a personal to corporate wireless plan.

I'd like to keep the mobile number I have now.

I can, but in switching it to my corporate wireless plan, I thereby surrender the number and it belongs instead to my company and not to me. I'd rather not do it that way because then I'd have to ultimately switch numbers anyways, assuming I won't be with this company FOREVER.

I'll be switching from Verizon to AT&T (much to my chagrin), so I have to terminate with Verizon, but if I port my existing number to a Google Voice account in the process, is it possible to maintain the number that's already on the corporate account so that the corporate phone is set up as a number (312-xxx-xxx) but when people dial my old number (the one ported to Google Voice--773-xxx-xxx), the old 773 number will ring to my new 312 device?

Yes, that is exactly how it works.

Port your number to Google, and then you can set it up to forward to whatever numbers you want. You can even setup your own separate voicemail greeting on the Google account to keep your personal calls and messages separate. Google will also transcribe voicemails to text and text message you the contents to your work phone.

Yes, that is exactly how it works.

Port your number to Google, and then you can set it up to forward to whatever numbers you want. You can even setup your own separate voicemail greeting on the Google account to keep your personal calls and messages separate. Google will also transcribe voicemails to text and text message you the contents to your work phone.

I've just read though that unless I make all calls through a google voice app on my iPhone, then it will outpulse my corporate number to others' caller ID's...