148 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the better RB?

• Fred
    • CJ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my eyes, Spiller clearly looks to have "figured out" the NFL game. Given that, I think he's become the better of two very good backs after watching his last three starts.

He no longer looks intimidated and his eye-popping talents have come to the surface. He's so much faster and quicker than Jackson (again, who's a very good back).

I would love for Fred Jackson to stay and be the backup to Spiller and give him 10-12 carries. But I just don't see him accepting that role.

So when is CJ going to, "figure out". how to block the oncoming blitzers?

I'm sure that there's a hurt Felix Jones fan somewhere who started a thread on a Cowboys board asking who's better Felix or DeMarco. You can get upset all you want, but Spiller has proven to me to be a better RB than Jackson. He's averaging 6 yards a carry his last three games as the starting RB. You may not know this, but once a RB proves to himself he can do it and that he belongs, there's no going back. It's not like the QB position. So I suggest that you try to get over it.

You're allowed to have your opinion but it is a typical "1billsfan" opinion.

Everyone else is allowed to judge the value of your opinion by what you post.

You can just start all your posts, "From someone that thinks Spiller is a better RB than Freddy Jackson, . . ."

Then everyone will know just to keep moving on.

You can just start all your posts, "From someone that thinks Spiller is a better RB than Freddy Jackson, . . ."

We haven't seen a guy with Spiller's RB skills since Thurman left the building. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to apologize to the Jackson fans for voicing what I'm seeing in Spiller.

Jackson's an excellent workhorse RB no doubt, but Spiller has looked like an even better RB these last three starts. If Chan ever gets his head out of his a$$ and gives him the ball for a full game, you'll eventually be convinced too.

1324327801[/url]' post='2340545']

Lol

1324329265[/url]' post='2340557']

We haven't seen a guy with Spiller's RB skills since Thurman left the building. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to apologize to the Jackson fans for voicing what I'm seeing in Spiller.

Jackson's an excellent workhorse RB no doubt, but Spiller has looked like an even better RB these last three starts. If Chan ever gets his head out of his a$ and gives him the ball for a full game, you'll eventually be convinced too.

We may be convinced once Spiller has actually surpassed Jacksons ability as a RB. He hasn't. Maybe someday. Not yet.

They are completely different running backs. Second Spiller doesn't have the body of work to compare to Jackson, so it's speculation not a comparison. I don't get why it has to be such an ugly debate either. The only name calling debate should be if Lynch enters this argument, but both of these guys are on our team. Why would that be an "I told you so" discussion?

One was the consensus best RB in a draft, is coming off an amazingly productive game and is only 24, the other will be 31 next year and coming off a season ending broken leg...

Fred is not getting a big contract and he shouldn't be handed the starting position, either. Sucks for Fred because he was a great player, but it doesn't make sense for the Bills.

Young players get better, old players get older.

Edited by Endless Ike

One was the consensus best RB in a draft, is coming off an amazingly productive game and is only 24, the other will be 31 next year and coming off a season ending broken leg...

Fred is not getting a big contract and he shouldn't be handed the starting position, either. Sucks for Fred because he was a great player, but it doesn't make sense for the Bills.

My prayer is Fred gets a nice contract..........if not with us...somewhere....but the life of a NFL rb is an unforgiving one...once u lose a step that's all it takes....

Spiller has shown tne game breaking speed that compared only to the like of chris johnson....

They are completely different running backs. Second Spiller doesn't have the body of work to compare to Jackson, so it's speculation not a comparison. I don't get why it has to be such an ugly debate either. The only name calling debate should be if Lynch enters this argument, but both of these guys are on our team. Why would that be an "I told you so" discussion?

Who's calling anyone names?? Huh??? Why is it ugly? I simply asked who you thought was better? That's all. I think Fred is a great back. I think Fred a good back that can become great. I didn't call anyone names. Did someone else?

he was a great player?? Kind of over the top and harsh. Maybe a little football ignorant too.

Jackson's an excellent workhorse RB no doubt, but Spiller has looked like an even better RB these last three starts. If Chan ever gets his head out of his a$ and gives him the ball for a full game, you'll eventually be convinced too.

Lol, what a joke. Spiller couldn't hold TT's jock strap.

Spiller has done next to nothing for 2 years and because of one good game against Miami he's a starting caliber RB? Let me guess, you also wanted wanted Frank Reich to start over Jim Kelly. :wacko:

Posts like this just make you look ridiculous. I am not going to get into who is better because it's an unfair question. Truth is, FJ is more polished but CJ has more overall talent and upside. But the moronic comments on this board never cease to amaze me. CJ has been very impressive in his time since FJ went down and if it was not for Chans bonehead decisions to stop running the ball midway through games his stats would amongst the best in the NFL last 3 weeks.

I dont have a problem if you like FJ more than CJ as he is a great back. But your comments above are so over the top stupid that I had to chime in. I mean it is as if you haven't even watched the Bills games. CJ has really been showing his talents and is developing into a major playmaker on a team devoid of talent and playmakers. He has been the only bright spot lately as Fitz keeps getting worse and worse.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Back here in reality the lead post does make the great point that the best thing is that the Bills likely will not have to decide between the two contractually. I feel sorry for Jackson that he had the bad luck to get injured at IR levels in a contract year. His leverage is drastically reduced from the near league leading season he was having. However,the unfortunate other lead fact is that even though he was a 31 year old he had little wear and tear but now he is torn.

A team definitely needs two RBs these days to compete and it well may be the best deal Jax can get to be resigned by the Bills (IF) his knee injury leads to a judgment by the docs who know the situation best that he can rehab. The Bills need on;y publicly exoress a lack of interest to raise fears that they know something about Fred's medical situation to even further worsen his market. My sense is that as long as the Bills feel he can come back they will be in the drivers seat to offer Jax a good but not great multi-year deal to get him.

Spiller has shown in his brief starting stint with a dysfunctional O around him with a QB showing clear decision-making problems that he still can be productive. However, the Bills have him with a multi-year 1st rounder deal and can still manipulate and bring him along slowly and Spiller has little leverage until he actually puts up a thousand yard pace for several games to even make a stink about deserving to start.

The question which prompted this thread merely reveals with a little thought that it is a stupid way to consider these players.

He plays just like a 10 million/season QB plays!

Fat and happy? Like Garfield with a football? He throws as good as Charlie Brown kicks. He sucks like a Dyson vacuum, just with less efficiency. He went to the doctor and said "Doc, it hurts when I throw touchdowns," so the doctor told him "then don't." And so he did.