Enough about the state of the bills

GOBILLS!!!!!

They all want to make money no question, it is after all a business!

OTOH so many owners over the years were forced to sell all or part of the team because they were losing money because of over spending while trying to make turn their team into a winner. Al Davis comes to mind first, also the last owner of the Dolphins. It is easy to over spend on free agents, players, coaches.

The former owner of the Jacksonville Jags Wayne Weaver is really hating on the fact that he let Tim Tebow slip thru his fingers as he wanted to draft Tebow but former HC Jack Del Rio and the GM said he wouldn't work. Now Weaver looks at Denver and realizes his stadium would be filled every week with a winner like Tebow on the field. Weaver has been looking for an exit strategy for years, but would have kept the team if he could have made it more profitable.

Teams need to listen to their fans. The Bronco's fans put up a billboard asking to start Tebow when the coaches and GM had him 3rd string QB. The Bills fans also put up a billboard asking RW to hire Bills Cowher....

The Bills are in a solidly football town and attract fans from a wide area. Jacksonville isn't and never was going to be. Despite what the new Jaguars owner says, he didn't buy the team for it to lose money or break even. He'll move them within 3 years.

OTOH, Buffalo has pursued high profits at the expense of the football team's on-field success. Take the 2010 season, in which the Bills went 4-12, lost 11k season tickets off 2009 and still made nearly 41M in operating profit. If recent trends continue, the season ticket base will continue to shrink and the Bills will find ways to spend less. They'll probably be right at the salary floor in 2012 and rake in their TV money in the continued quest to maximize revenues in anticipation of a sale. I just don't think the solid Bills fans are buying what OBD is selling anymore, i.e. that they're trying to win and are close.

I'm still not buyin the excuse that buffalo doesnt have enough corporate dollars because I still believe that if a winning team is put into place then we will get corporate sponsers from toronto. also I believe that we have not been a winning team for 12 years and then if we all of a sudden start winning...that would be insane here in buffalo and this fanbase would grow even more regionally that i believe we would be very profitable here for so many years to come. Also think about how many bills fans live around the world and tell me that if this franchise moved that people wouldnt care...its not true the NFL wouldn't be the same if the bills left!