Food Is So Spicy, You Have To Sign A Waiver

erynthered

"All the people that like hot and spicy food consider themselves gun slingers and they come looking for trouble," he said.

http://boston.cbsloc...-sign-a-waiver/

Anybody here ever been to this place??

edit...watch the video too.

I've seen the travel channel show (could be another channel, but no matter) that has been done on that place. While it makes for good TV it's not something that I would ever try. I love spicy food, but hot, flamingly hot for hot's sake isn't something I'm interested in. If it doesn't enhance the dish then don't do it.

OK, I'm a wimp.

I've seen the travel channel show (could be another channel, but no matter) that has been done on that place. While it makes for good TV it's not something that I would ever try. I love spicy food, but hot, flamingly hot for hot's sake isn't something I'm interested in. If it doesn't enhance the dish then don't do it.

OK, I'm a wimp.

http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/TP/orange-popsicle-0709-de.jpg

:nana:

I can independently verify the passing out story. We went to the East Coast Grill right after it opened (it was summer, 1994) and my buddy who loves hot food ordered the "Fiery Lo Mein From Hell" - about a pound of lo mein noodles covered in some really evil sauce - it was an appetizer. He started digging into this dish, stopping only to say "Wow - this is REALLY hot" multiple times. He ate about half of it, then stopped - dinner was stil coming. The main course shows up and John is just sitting there saying, "Wow - that was REALLY hot" when suddenly his eyes roll back into his head and he goes face first into the pate of food in front of him - it was like something out of a Kevin James movie. He's out for about 30 seconds, then comes to. The ambulance is on the way. I take John out back because the body's natural reaction to being "poisoned" like that is to "purge". My brother meets the paramedics and tells them all is OK. John is mortified and very quiet the rest of the night. It was a very weird night.....

+1

I like spicy food, but I like it to taste good, not like liquid pain.

Exactly - it's about flavor, not endurance. I love a good spicy meal but I'm not just using my food as a fire delivery system. Once you pass a certain point you don't even knows what your eating, just that its fire.

"All the people that like hot and spicy food consider themselves gun slingers and they come looking for trouble," he said.

http://boston.cbsloc...-sign-a-waiver/

Anybody here ever been to this place??

edit...watch the video too.

Video was excellent.

I like hot food, but when the "hot" is stronger than the flavor, that's where I draw the line.