Iraq War Is Officially Over

Dave's inane comment led me to wonder what the historically most significant events over the last 50 years or so are? It doesn't have to be the actual event itself, but what it represents. For example, Woodstock was an event that represents a movement or change in culture that has had a profound affect on this country. I can think of others that certainly have had a greater affect, but I'll leave that to others. This could become a very good discussion.

Interesting thought, but should be a separate thread so as not to draw attention from the primary focus of this thread, the Iraq War, as well as the secondary focus of this thread - DiN is a moron.

“Any nation’s attempt to dictate to other nations their form of government is indefensible.”

D. Eisenhower

There is another great quote by Ike about an obsession with "absolute security", but I can't find it.

I am glad that War is over, time to bring Americans home and concentrate on getting our domestic heads out of our butts.

Our involvement in that war may be over to some extent, true. But as far as the/a war in Iraq I seriously doubt that its over.

The sunnis and shiites will be killing each other for a long time to come. Lets not forget the Kurds and the Turks also. In addition Iran and maybe the country of Syria will be wanting to get their fingers into Iraq as soon as possible.

Maybe I should hang a banner?? :rolleyes:

Any nation’s attempt to dictate to other nations their form of government is indefensible.”

D. Eisenhower

There is another great quote by Ike about an obsession with "absolute security", but I can't find it.

I am glad that War is over, time to bring Americans home and concentrate on getting our domestic heads out of our butts.

I'm not disagreeing with the bolded, but did that apply to Japan after WW2?

I'm not disagreeing with the bolded, but did that apply to Japan after WW2?

Doesn't count. The woman who we told to write the civil rights part of the Japanese Constitution for them had a Japanese-sounding last name. So it's almost like they wrote it themselves!