Does Polian Hint at Manning Era Over?

Polian told a radio show that the Colts will struggle next year with a rookie QB, pretty much ending the Manning era in Indy as there is no way Peyton accepts a back-up role.

http://sports.yahoo....p-colts-manning

My question is how much is Manning worth at this stage of his career (in terms of trade compensation)? As a Bills fan, what would you give up, if anything, to bring in arguably the best QB of all time in his twilight?

Edited by It's in My Blood

Only if our line is good enough. Fitz and his quick release makes look better thanI think they really are. Also keep in mind we are NOT trading for the Peyton Manning of 2008. How much punishment can he really take? How much will the Colts want? Are you ready to risk Bledsoe 2.0?

PTR

Polian told a radio show that the Colts will struggle next year with a rookie QB, pretty much ending the Manning era in Indy as there is no way Peyton accepts a back-up role.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuF8_TiekTQ0SlT7bFYCs9UdsLYF?slug=ap-colts-manning

My question is how much is Manning worth at this stage of his career (in terms of trade compensation)? As a Bills fan, what would you give up, if anything, to bring in arguably the best QB of all time in his twilight?

to me there is no discussion.

peyton manning is the best qb of all time

then gibdan hamdan

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive and less misleading subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

He is not coming to Buffalo.

Nor should he. Manning is in the twilight of his career. He needs a team that's a QB away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. That team is not the Bills. Looking at things from the Bills' perspective, an aging veteran like Manning cannot be part of a Super Bowl winning team in Buffalo. By the time the other necessary pieces of a Super Bowl winner have been assembled, Manning will long since have retired.

Nor should he. Manning is in the twilight of his career. He needs a team that's a QB away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. That team is not the Bills. Looking at things from the Bills' perspective, an aging veteran like Manning cannot be part of a Super Bowl winning team in Buffalo. By the time the other necessary pieces of a Super Bowl winner have been assembled, Manning will long since have retired.

In all fairness, it would appear that the winless Colts are only a Peyton Manning away from being a SB contender.