Cut Fitz

RyanC882

I'm one of his biggest critics, but we have to keep him, for now at least. See if we can draft one of the big 3. If we can't, it'll be tough to upgrade. It sucks that Stevie and Fred haven't been extended while fitz was, but we have to wait and see

Agreed, my guess is we will be picking 6-8 so if we could land Luck/Barkley/RG we got to pull the trigger. It sucks because we need players especially LBs all across the board but if one of them are available we need to finally make the commitment & get it done. I like Fitz but he just not good enough. He does not have a NFL arm & noway should he be kept on at $10 mill per season. Cut him in the offseason.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't save money by cutting him.

This isn't a very inspired thread. Leave Fitz where he is. Draft a kid next year so we might have an actual backup/future starter instead of the abomination/Chan cronie who now is our number 2 QB.

With a more talented and versatile OC, we may have been able to weather the injuries on offense that have afflicted many other teams.

i'll go you one better. it's not smart at all. fitz was awful yesterday, but he's far from the biggest problem. he proved he could win with a decent supporting cast around him, no that it isn't there, he's been exposed. but there are bigger problems holding us back, starting with ownership, administration and coaching.

I think we should keep him so Ralph has to pay him and we can draft a rookie who will be ready in a year or two. Who cares about the money?

Ralph!!! I agree, in an ideal world Ralph would pay both Fitz and the Rookie. Not going to happen though, even thoguh we are well under the cap by about 20-30 million.

Agreed, my guess is we will be picking 6-8 so if we could land Luck/Barkley/RG we got to pull the trigger. It sucks because we need players especially LBs all across the board but if one of them are available we need to finally make the commitment & get it done. I like Fitz but he just not good enough. He does not have a NFL arm & noway should he be kept on at $10 mill per season. Cut him in the offseason.

The contract only averages out to $8.8M per, which doesn't mean that he necessarily makes that much each year. Assuming this is right:

10/28/2011: Signed a seven-year, $62.195 million contract. The deal contains $24 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus. 2011: $2.8 million, 2012: $2.8 million (+ $5 million option bonus due in March), 2013: $4.25 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2014: $4.35 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2015: $7.2 million, 2016: $8.75 million, 2017: $9.4 million, 2018: Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3240/ryan-fitzpatrick

He's only due $7.8M next year.

Edited by Carey Bender

Yeah, Fitz gave up a 16-0 lead. Don't even bring up the first INT. It was a fluke. Sometimes, you just have to say "It Happens" and move on. But, yeah, lets cut Fitz so we can have Tyler in there throwing picks. Great plan dude. Go cheer for the Argos or the TIger-Cats. You won't be missed here.

You know what won't be missed here, stupid comments like yours that display a "bell-ive" mentality. But hey, the past 12 years have gone well, why not continue to play status-quo till the years end. "It happens" sometimes, not every game for the past few weeks. But hey, perhaps Fitz can even win another game or 2 for us and then we can all say, "see, now we can't even draft a franchise QB, and Fitz isn't that bad." Comments like yours make me wonder why the Bills suck---oh, because of, among other things, complacent fans like you. Enjoy your loosing.

Posts like these make it hard to respect any other opinions you might have. To watch this team with these players and put it on Fitzpatrick - hey bud stop watching because your clueless

I'm sorry, did the other players overthrow WIDE OPEN receivers? Are the other players incapable of throwing the ball beyond 10 yards without it wobbling like a high school QB (from a bad high school). Your the clueless one, so please go troll somewhere else. Please name another team that Fitz would start on.

i'll go you one better. it's not smart at all. fitz was awful yesterday, but he's far from the biggest problem. he proved he could win with a decent supporting cast around him, no that it isn't there, he's been exposed. but there are bigger problems holding us back, starting with ownership, administration and coaching.

There are bigger problems. But what supporting cast beyond Freddie has he lost? Donald Jones sucked. Steve is still there. The problem is that to win in the NFL you need an NFL QB. Fitz's arm is not strong enough to handle an entire season. I'm not saying there aren't other problems, but the Bills need to draft a QB w/ the 1st pick they have.

They don't save money by cutting him.

This isn't a very inspired thread. Leave Fitz where he is. Draft a kid next year so we might have an actual backup/future starter instead of the abomination/Chan cronie who now is our number 2 QB.

With a more talented and versatile OC, we may have been able to weather the injuries on offense that have afflicted many other teams.

1) they do save money by cutting him.

2) if you read my entire post (which you didn't) you'd realize that I'm not advocating that the Gailey cronie be our #2 next year. Draft two rookie QB's. Speaking of Gailey Cronies, that seems to be antoher problem with this team. He brings back all his retreads.

Cut him now. Send a message. And don't give him the chance to play us out of a franchise QB with another few "mirage" games that give the FO an excuse to draft another Spiller, Maybin, etc that they have no idea how to use. The only way this FO makes good picks is when they fall into their lap like Marcell did. I can't belive Freddie and SJ were not extended yet. They need the extra money to extend those players for the new QB. (I understand they don't "need" the extra money, but this FO refuses to spend anywhere near the cap).

I know it's how football fandom works that if the team sucks it's the QB's fault. If the team wins, it's because of savy QB play. fitz threw several clunkers today and didn't have a good game. I admit it.

But let's see, we have zero run game, WRs that can't catch a pass unless it hits them in the hands and even that's not a given. A holy swiss cheese defense. Fitz has got to feel like he has to do it all by himself and it looks like he's trying.

But then again, I saw Eli Manning overthrow open guys tonight and he's considered one of the best. I also saw the great Tom Brady had a guy open long and over threw him by 5 yards. So other QBs, even good ones, throw clunkers too.

Fitz needs some help.

But, he does have things to work on and I think he'll improve on them. He needs to get better at hitting the long ball. He also needs to figure out a way to not be such a slow starter. You can't come out week after week and go 3 and out on the first possession and set up the opposing team with good field position.

But really, with our "D" as it stands now, we don't have a chance to win anyway.

The QB's you mentioned above have a few terrible passes each season. The past few weeks Fitz has had terrible passes EVERY GAME. I have no faith that Fitz will get better at hitting the long ball, he's had his entire carrear to get better at that and has failed. We do have a run game, but Gailey is not calling enough run plays. That's no excuse though. Brady won Superbowl w/o much of a run game because he could create a run game by making other teams respect the passing game. Steelers are doing the same thing this year. So are the Packers.

:thumbsup:

I agree....I like Fitz, but, it is hard to imagine anyone watching that game yesterday couldn't come away thinking he was really terrible...what I saw was a half-hearted effort from the entire offensive squad, with the expception of Caussin and Derek Hagan. They were just lifeless, and going through the motions. It disappoints me to say, Fitzpatrick was one of them...I already knew he wasn't super accurate, so that isn't a shock.

It just seems like this team has already accepted that whatever they the coaches are trying to do, it isn't going to work. I can't accept that every single football player on this roster sucks (I don't believe that), but there is just something missing. I have never really been sold on Buddy Nix as our GM, but I feel like now, my ever changing feelings about Chan Gailey are going to end up in the negative column again. This team has regressed from last year...I thought Gailey was going to live up to his reputation as a guy who could make something out of nothing, coached to the strenghts of his rotster...but I am just not seeing it now. I am more inclined now, to attribute their early success to the lockout, and taking teams by surprise... yes, injuries are a problem, as always, it seems. But is there really a huge dropoff from the guys who are injured, to their backups?

Won't even get started on the defense...

Not so sure you can put that all on the admins.

Several of the best simply walked away in large part due, IMO, to the increasingly hostile mob mentality exhibited ad nauseum.

That, and losing takes its toll. This board used to be a place where fans could have an open discourse and talk about football.

It's ever so much less so these days. Few new members have joined that bring anything more than their overfilled barf bag of complaints.

It doesn't bode well.

Not at all.

So now our message board sucks too? Woe is us. I still find some interesting threads, as well as some silly ones here. It goes with the territory. With how bad this team is AGAIN, it is very hard to pinpoint exactly what the problem(s)is/are. It is extremely frustrating, particularly with the good start. I have my own thoughts and the problems are numerous, but they start with the coaching staff. The league has figured out Chan's style and he has failed to adjust. The QB play has been putrid these past few weeks. The defense is a joke and it's the coordinator that needs to go. On these points, I agree with most of the people on this board. As for how we get out of this funk, unfortunately, I think it's time to blow it all up and start again with a new coaching staff. I know not everyone will agree and I was a big Chan fan up until these past few weeks, but it has become plain that he just doesn't have what it takes. He has made the offense more fun to watch at times, but now, when adjustments need to be made, he's got nothin'.

Yeah, Fitz gave up a 16-0 lead. Don't even bring up the first INT. It was a fluke. Sometimes, you just have to say "It Happens" and move on. But, yeah, lets cut Fitz so we can have Tyler in there throwing picks. Great plan dude. Go cheer for the Argos or the TIger-Cats. You won't be missed here.

No Fitz did not give up 16 pts, he scored 3.

What gets me is in most of our losses this yr the game seemed to get out of reach when we would be in a third and short and were flinging the ball 30 yards downfield on it..I dont get the thought process..If you convert a few of the 3rd and shorts with simple short pass routes or maybe a run(lol) then once in awhile you hit em for the big play, not every freaking time...It doesnt work...I would like to know who is making the decision, is it the original play call, is it a call at the line of scrimmage, is he changing the play or is there an option to go deep on the backside? I want to know who is making the decision.

So if I understand the Board correctly today, the best/simplest way to turn this team into a winner is to:

1. Fire the GM

2. Fire the Head Coach/staff

3. Cut the starting QB

And what would our expected record be next year??

If you shake the dice in the cup often enough, eventually you get YATZEE!

PTR

So now our message board sucks too? Woe is us. I still find some interesting threads, as well as some silly ones here. It goes with the territory. With how bad this team is AGAIN, it is very hard to pinpoint exactly what the problem(s)is/are. It is extremely frustrating, particularly with the good start. I have my own thoughts and the problems are numerous, but they start with the coaching staff. The league has figured out Chan's style and he has failed to adjust. The QB play has been putrid these past few weeks. The defense is a joke and it's the coordinator that needs to go. On these points, I agree with most of the people on this board. As for how we get out of this funk, unfortunately, I think it's time to blow it all up and start again with a new coaching staff. I know not everyone will agree and I was a big Chan fan up until these past few weeks, but it has become plain that he just doesn't have what it takes. He has made the offense more fun to watch at times, but now, when adjustments need to be made, he's got nothin'.

Many of the best posters have in fact left, most notably Badolbilz, who was the best poster here by far.

Here we go again, the QB as the focal point. If a team wins its the team, if the team losses its the QB.

Face it, this team sucks, the defense has been a sieve all year, plus they no pass rush! No pressure on the opposing QB means the other team has all day to pass. Plus they can't stop the run very well. The only thing this defense did better this year were the takeaways in the first few games, once those stopped, that bad defense was exposed for what it really is. ...a bad defense.

The offense has always been a finesse short passing team, once opponents shut down the short game the offense was screwed. One decent WR, the TE was injured and a rookie starting, the O line in shambles again this year. Once Eric Wood went on IR the rest of that line was exposed as what they are, a bad line.

Once Fred Jackson went on IR the Bills no longer scared any defense as they have no run game and no viable deep threat WR as they traded away Lee Evans. Jeez, I wonder if Marshawn Lynch would have helped in the running game this year, 2 former #1 pick's traded for 2 fourth rounders.

Blame the QB because the team stinks, go ahead and cut him. Draft a rookie and watch him turn into another JP Losman....another Trent Edwards, because this franchise refuses to build a line or power running game.

Not so sure you can put that all on the admins.

Several of the best simply walked away in large part due, IMO, to the increasingly hostile mob mentality exhibited ad nauseum.

That, and losing takes its toll. This board used to be a place where fans could have an open discourse and talk about football.

It's ever so much less so these days. Few new members have joined that bring anything more than their overfilled barf bag of complaints.

It doesn't bode well.

Not at all.

Yes thank you, good post. It is getting just about unbearable to come on this site anymore due to the fact there are only a handful of posters on here that arent whining and crying and actually look at the whole picture and do so with intelligence.