1 2 Minnesota Matt Kalil OT USC P2 +0 Value

1 3 St Louis Morris Claiborne CB LSU P1 -3 Reach

1 4 Jacksonville Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State P2 +1 Value

1 5 Washington Matt Barkley QB USC P1 +1 Value

1 6 Philadelphia Zach Brown OLB43 North Carolina P2 -4 Reach

1 7 Carolina Alshon Jeffery WRF South Carolina P2 -1 Reach

1 8 Cleveland Trent Richardson RBF Alabama P1 +3 Value

1 9 Buffalo ?

I used DraftTek's Simulator, moved us up to 9th, where I think we'll finish, and moved Miami down to our 13th spot in each round. Based on current positional needs, the simulator ran this draft for me. Your votes will help me adjust the Bills' positional needs on DraftTek.

Who would you draft first? Why?

Astro

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Burfict and put him as a rush backer in the 3-4. That boy would be explosive coming off the edge. Not sure about the coverage skills, but I'm sure he would be a beast pass rusher.

Edited by H2o

I worry about getting Burfict in that he will Maybin out. I do not know if our coaching staff can utilize the guy plus being able to cover and allow the time for him to get in there.

Maybin out! Love it! :worthy:

Our Giants analyst wasn't happy with the Giants pick of Burfict at #16. He says, "The only problem with this pick is that Burfict comes with major character concerns, which the Giants typically avoid. The cons really outweigh the pros here. He's been one of the most penalized players in the NCAA and failure to control him is one reason Erickson is out of a job at ASU."

Let me be a little optimistic. I say the Bills will select in the top 10 in this draft, but will be much improved and not pick so soon in the next draft. Therefore, if there is a QB among the top 10 picks with seemingly low risk, then take him now. Doesn't Fitz have a 3 year and $24M scenario in his contract? To me, that is the best way to play this. Pick RG3, let him work his way in slowly, then decide if he is the real deal, and decide whether or not to exercise Fitz's contract extension after the third year. Unless somebody thinks that there is an even better QB choice next year, in which case you get a LB (Upshaw?) with the first pick.

Maybin out! Love it! :worthy:

Our Giants analyst wasn't happy with the Giants pick of Burfict at #16. He says, "The only problem with this pick is that Burfict comes with major character concerns, which the Giants typically avoid. The cons really outweigh the pros here. He's been one of the most penalized players in the NCAA and failure to control him is one reason Erickson is out of a job at ASU."

Just on the field is what I looked at; imagine having him blazing in at Brady and pass after pass to Welker complete for 7 yards. We need a down lineman who can create pressure. Linebackers for us just create pressure and contain the outside; unless things chance I do not want a pass rushing OLB. I can imagine the Jets, Cowboys, Fins, or 49'ers drafting him. Perhaps, even Detroit.

I do not know enough about prospects to pick one out but we need a DE who is pretty much a DT. A big butt with a high motor, a guy who can occupy space but push the line enough to take pressure off of our OLB's. Merriman needs a bodyguard on the field, we need to go out there and draft him one - tho I do like Dwan Edwards.

The WR position pisses me off. We have such youth that looks so promiseful but none of them have "it." We need a WR who is already at SJ's level. I feel SJ is about reached his plateau and we need someone to come on the field and do the things he cannot and without knit-picking him we all know what those things are...

The only reason Mike Adams is not a top 5 pick is because of the suspension.

The Bills haven't had a real LT in a long long long long time.

With a healthy Wood, Levitre, Urbik at RG, and Mike Adams at LT you know have 4 above average members of the O-Line. 3 top 40 picks invested in the O-Line, and Mike Adams has every indication to be a perennial pro Bowler, (along with Levitre {Hopefully that game at C doesn't hurt him so bad but Levitre should be in the Pro Bowl this year. He was a stud stalwart in every other game.})

If Mike Adams is there you have to take him. You can't even if second guess it or discuss it.

It has to be CJ Spiller style time on the clock.

Although if RG3 is there . . .

Edited by Why So Serious?

I do not know enough about prospects to pick one out but we need a DE who is pretty much a DT. A big butt with a high motor, a guy who can occupy space but push the line enough to take pressure off of our OLB's.

You are describing 2 players: Alameda Ta'Amu and Billy Winn.

I'm a big fan of Ta'Amu. Ta'amu (6'-3", 337 lbs) is a DE34 or a DT43. I imagine his combine numbers vault him into the top 15 because of his quickness for his size. He's currently projected to run in the low 5s in the 40.

Boise DE Billy Winn, who at 295 could also be the butt you need. His tools are leverage, powerful bull rush, and size (6'3, 295) and strength to play both the 3 and 5 tech. I like Carrington, but Billy Winn would out-bull him to Brady.

The only reason Mike Adams is not a top 5 pick is because of the suspension.

If Mike Adams is there you have to take him. You can't even if second guess it or discuss it.

I agree that Adams is a strong offensive line talent. If our pass rush were better, or if we were better defending the run, he'd be one of my Top 3 picks looking for BPA.

I agree that Adams is a strong offensive line talent. If our pass rush were better, or if we were better defending the run, he'd be one of my Top 3 picks looking for BPA.

UPSHAW was the target when it looked like we were drafting in the late teens or early 20s. UPSHAW IS a huge reach at #9.

You cant take him over Adams, or RGIII, or almost anyone else on that list.

UPSHAW was the target when it looked like we were drafting in the late teens or early 20s. UPSHAW IS a huge reach at #9.

You cant take him over Adams, or RGIII, or almost anyone else on that list.

There is no such thing as reaching. I cannot stand this concept. As long as you draft the best player your team needs there is no such thing as reaching.

There is no such thing as reaching. I cannot stand this concept. As long as you draft the best player your team needs there is no such thing as reaching.

There is such a thing as reaching.

Read the whole post especially the part that explains what you cant understand.