Jared Allen rips Detroit

Yes, Tom the Hyperbole King has perfected the art of hyperbole. His efforts in trying to swamp me with his hyperbole were yeoman like. Unfortunately for him I didn't take the bait. As far as me being "down", not likely. The only thing that has been proven here is that both of you are willing to lie to make a point. You freely admit it. TTHK stated it and then backpeddled faster than an all pro safety.

I didn't try to "swamp" you with hyperbole, you dolt. I tried to swamp you with IRONY.

And obviously succeeded. Jesus...

Question. Would you have used the same degree of hyperbole (another word for lie) on posters that you had no preconceived ideas formed as you did on Jim?

And defining "hyperbole" as "lie" is itself an example of hyperbole, that you use without even the vaguest pretense of irony.

OBVIOUSLY I succeeded. :lol:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyperbole doesn't mean lie. Never has and never will, no matter how much you wish it were so. I already apologized for any confusion my original post may have caused, even if you were the only one confused by it.

As for whether or not I'd use the same degree of hyperbole (not a word for lie) on posters as I did with Jim would depend entirely on who Jim is and what I said about him.

Seriously:

I caught your apology and appreciated it, even though the apology amounted to me not being able to understand you. If you think I'm the only one that would have noticed it for any reason other than they didn't have a dog in this fight is weak.

Hyperbole doesn't amount to a lie? What is it, half a lie? 2/3's of a lie? A white lie? Is it the truth?

So, you have a different level of integrity depending upon who you are referring to?

You can either seek an honest discussion here or not. That's up to you.

I didn't try to "swamp" you with hyperbole, you dolt. I tried to swamp you with IRONY.

And obviously succeeded. Jesus...

And defining "hyperbole" as "lie" is itself an example of hyperbole, that you use without even the vaguest pretense of irony.

OBVIOUSLY I succeeded. :lol:

Damn, you are the most egotistical person I've ever "seen". Now we are talking "irony"? What's next, Your delusions are worthy of your sense of self importance? Earlier, I gave you an "out". My advice, take it now.

Seriously:

I caught your apology and appreciated it, even though the apology amounted to me not being able to understand you. If you think I'm the only one that would have noticed it for any reason other than they didn't have a dog in this fight is weak.

Hyperbole doesn't amount to a lie? What is it, half a lie? 2/3's of a lie? A white lie? Is it the truth?

So, you have a different level of integrity depending upon who you are referring to?

You can either seek an honest discussion here or not. That's up to you.

No. Hyperbole does not amount anywhere close to a lie. In no shape, form, definition, or usage does anyone employing it as a device ever conceive of it as such. *Does Swift's use of satiric hyperbole in "Gulliver's Travels" mean he was lying about the state of the politics in his time?

Of course not. He was commenting on the time, drawing parallels to issues his society was currently facing and passing judgement on them. Does that mean he was lying or somehow suffered from a lack of integrity?

Good grief. You and Crayonz are cut from the same cloth but he got all the humor and you just got the dullard.

Damn, you are the most egotistical person I've ever "seen". Now we are talking "irony"? What's next, Your delusions are worthy of your sense of self importance? Earlier, I gave you an "out". My advice, take it now.

Actually, Tom is not only winning this debate, he's crushing you.

Edited by tgreg99

If you could hold more than one idea in your head at any given moment, then you'd realize that...yes, yes I am talking about irony now.

:rolleyes:

If you could hold more than one idea in your head at any given moment, then you'd realize that...yes, yes I am talking about irony now.

:rolleyes:

Yes, we're talking hypocrisy.

Now we are talking irony.

I guess we are now just talking schit.

You are just another DC guy that's all hat and no cattle.

Dave said:

DaveinElma, on 14 January 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

How many black people have you employed in your life? Ive employed many. You're the bigot for holding the "soft bigotry of low expectations".

This is how you quoted him:

Dave is an assclown because he is an unabashed racist who denies it by saying absurd things like, "well... I employed a black guy once!"

You:

"No. Hyperbole does not amount anywhere close to a lie. In no shape, form, definition, or usage does anyone employing it as a device ever conceive of it as such."

Because you don't conceive it as a lie doesn't mean it isn't a lie. It just means that you are ok with lying. Both you and the Hyperbole King can say what you want, but the facts are posted above. The worst lies are the ones that have some sort of truth connected to them, even if it is contrived. They are the "big lies". Go on saying that it's ok though, if that is what you need to do to rationalize distorting the truth.

No. Hyperbole does not amount anywhere close to a lie. In no shape, form, definition, or usage does anyone employing it as a device ever conceive of it as such. *Does Swift's use of satiric hyperbole in "Gulliver's Travels" mean he was lying about the state of the politics in his time?

Of course not. He was commenting on the time, drawing parallels to issues his society was currently facing and passing judgement on them. Does that mean he was lying or somehow suffered from a lack of integrity?

Actually, Tom is not only winning this debate, he's crushing you.

Holy crap you screen writers have each others back no matter what huh?

If you ask me Swift is an idiot for using Jack Black of all people to try to make a serious comment about politics. When he peed on the fire to put it out, what were the political implications there? It was potty humor pure and simple. I don't disagree with your overall premise but your buddy who wrote that crappy movie is still an idiot.

It does for you. Why should he be different?

So, you suggest that I did that (which I didn't) and was wrong, but it's ok for him to do it?

I see you are PMSing again. Are you going to follow me around everywhere again acting like the same little 14 year old girl with cramps?

So, you suggest that I did that (which I didn't) and was wrong, but it's ok for him to do it?

I see you are PMSing again. Are you going to follow me around everywhere again acting like the same little 14 year old girl with cramps?

Nah, I'm just here to laugh at your hipocricy. :lol:

And as usual the ten year old's level of personal insults are highly effective, keep them coming. :lol:

Edited by RI Bills Fan

Nah, I'm just here to laugh at your hipocricy. :lol:

And as usual the ten year old's level of personal insults are highly effective, keep them coming. :lol:

Hypocrisy is how it's spelled. I somehow knew that insults geared toward a ten year old would work on you.

Yes, we're talking hypocrisy.

Now we are talking irony.

I guess we are now just talking schit.

You are just another DC guy that's all hat and no cattle.

At no point in time in this thread where you and Tom talking about Hypocrisy. Just like I was never talking about someone named "Jim".

You're drunk and posting again. Just admit it.

Hyperbole: "I can see Russia from my house!" Tina Fey.

Irony: "It's not a penalty, it's a tax" Chief Justice Roberts.

Hypocrisy: "I don't care if it's a tax and not a penalty" Stretch Pelosi.

:lol:

Dave said:

DaveinElma, on 14 January 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

How many black people have you employed in your life? Ive employed many. You're the bigot for holding the "soft bigotry of low expectations".

This is how you quoted him:

Dave is an assclown because he is an unabashed racist who denies it by saying absurd things like, "well... I employed a black guy once!"

You:

"No. Hyperbole does not amount anywhere close to a lie. In no shape, form, definition, or usage does anyone employing it as a device ever conceive of it as such."

Because you don't conceive it as a lie doesn't mean it isn't a lie. It just means that you are ok with lying. Both you and the Hyperbole King can say what you want, but the facts are posted above. The worst lies are the ones that have some sort of truth connected to them, even if it is contrived. They are the "big lies". Go on saying that it's ok though, if that is what you need to do to rationalize distorting the truth.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I conceive of hyperbole as lying. It has everything to do with the English language telling everyone that hyperbole is not lying. I understand you have a difficult time with the English language (as well as keeping up with names, facts and general events within a single thread), but it's not nearly as complicated nor as insidious as you're making it.

If you need more info, try here , it MIGHT be a bit advanced but just sound out the big words and don't be afraid to ask for help.

If that fails, there's always this: www.amazon.com/Student-writing/dp/Karl_Rove_Makes_Writing_Fundamental/098564835/ref=br

Holy crap you screen writers have each others back no matter what huh?

If you ask me Swift is an idiot for using Jack Black of all people to try to make a serious comment about politics. When he peed on the fire to put it out, what were the political implications there? It was potty humor pure and simple. I don't disagree with your overall premise but your buddy who wrote that crappy movie is still an idiot.

JB peeing on the fire was rife with gallons of subtext and symbolism. But unfortunately I'd need a couple graphs and an easel to really break it down for you.

At no point in time in this thread where you and Tom talking about Hypocrisy. Just like I was never talking about someone named "Jim".

Ironically. But we can't talk about irony, because we're talking about hyperbole. Which makes it hypocritical to be ironic, which means we are talking about hypocrisy. But still not irony.

Not that I'm all that interested, anyway. I'm still trying to figure out why 3rd thinks Romney is going to drop mustard gas on Ethiopia.

Ironically. But we can't talk about irony, because we're talking about hyperbole. Which makes it hypocritical to be ironic, which means we are talking about hypocrisy. But still not irony.

Not that I'm all that interested, anyway. I'm still trying to figure out why 3rd thinks Romney is going to drop mustard gas on Ethiopia.

Because it demonstrates how efficient Mitt is. Duh.