Jared Allen rips Detroit

Two urban areas are "holding their own" around the Great Lakes basin... They are Toronto and Chicgao. I will speak for Chicago, being American. Why... The liberal polices abound, Cook County sales tax is almost 10%... Why aren't people flocking to the suburbs in mass like the other GL cities?

You live in the Bay Area with epicenter being San Fran... Smug liberal center of the whole freaking universe... Why haven't lib polices destroyed that area?

Because major capitalism keeps it afloat. :rolleyes:

I'll let you think about that for awhile and see how well it sinks in.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because major capitalism keeps it afloat. :rolleyes:

I'll let you think about that for awhile and see how well it sinks in.

this is one of the more idiotic statements ive seen on this board.

there are a myriad of different sociological factors on why certain areas have/dont have success...

racism is a major sociological factor in michigan. its one of the most segregated states in the U.S.

trade policy for the past 40 years involving the auto industry is another...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

this is one of the more idiotic statements ive seen on this board.

there are a myriad of different sociological factors on why certain areas have/dont have success...

racism is a major sociological factor in michigan. its one of the most segregated states in the U.S.

trade policy for the past 40 years involving the auto industry is another...

So, please tell me why SF has suceeded.

Geographically blessed...

:nana:

You knew that was coming!

Now... Tell me ad nauseum why it is such a horrible, miserable microclimate that is inhospitable to all things economic! :doh:

No, it's because they have no locks there. How can you expect anyone who is bald and can't even secure their own home to succeed?

Geographically blessed...

:nana:

You knew that was coming!

Now... Tell me ad nauseum why it is such a horrible, miserable microclimate that is inhospitable to all things economic! :doh:

It's a horrible, miserable microclimate? Huh, funny. We have the best climate for the most capitalist driven agriculture in the world. As a matter of fact I'm drinking a glass of it right now. And though it has a terrible climate in the city, why had it thrived?

It's a horrible, miserable microclimate? Huh, funny. We have the best climate for the most capitalist driven agriculture in the world. As a matter of fact I'm drinking a glass of it right now. And though it has a terrible climate in the city, why had it thrived?

Wow... Your sarcasm meter is broken too.

So, please tell me why SF has suceeded.

different sociological factors. did you just read what i said... :blink:

more open society, different tax structure, different history, different geography, different resources, cost of living, different education, more ethnic diversity and adaptability to different economic stress, better regulated debt, etc etc

detroit is basically solely dependent on one thing, the auto industry and is one of the most racist areas in the !@#$ing world.... :doh:

why is detroit so corrupt, and why does everyone steal in detroit but not springfield wherever? is it because they are black? :doh::unsure:

in fact, why are poor areas generally full of more crime? :doh:

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

Since when did :doh: equal sarcasm?

I was being sarcastic... Like when I was talking with Blue Fire and the whole geo blessed thing... He went on to make it a point how awful everything was there... I thought you would do the same thing... You know, try to down play how geo position and climate play no part in how economically successful a place (which I don't believe). I believe almost all of success is part of positioning... And nowadays, climate.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

How many black people have you employed in your life? Ive employed many. You're the bigot for holding the "soft bigotry of low expectations".

Did you let them work with or without the shackles? Did you make 'em call you Overseer?

You're an unbelievable assclown.

Did you let them work with or without the shackles? Did you make 'em call you Overseer?

You're an unbelievable assclown.

For employing black people? :lol: Dave is communication-challenged. He consistently chooses the worst possible vehicle to make his point.

Speaking of assclowns: how many blacks are you likely to encounter in the Hollywood writer's room? Or...is that different, because "there's talent involved"? :rolleyes::lol:

For a group of people who love to preach so much....in practice, I've found(on the 2 Hollywood projects I've done) they are a diversity joke. Years ago, I developed a silent, internal checklist of things to look at with every new client. This helps me look for opportunity = relatively low hanging, easily implemented fruit. One of the things I look at is diversity. In those two Hollywood projects(I still have the folders zipped up), both clients had well over 100 employees, and both clients had less that 3% minority employees. Now, is that a coincidence...or did I just happen to do projects for the only 2 "racist" :rolleyes: firms in the film industry?

Or, should I have counted Jews as non-whites? :lol:

Just saying. I'd be careful with those stones...if I were you.

For employing black people? :lol: Dave is communication-challenged. He consistently chooses the worst possible vehicle to make his point.

Speaking of assclowns: how many blacks are you likely to encounter in the Hollywood writer's room? Or...is that different, because "there's talent involved"? :rolleyes::lol:

For a group of people who love to preach so much....in practice, I've found(on the 2 Hollywood projects I've done) they are a diversity joke. Years ago, I developed a silent, internal checklist of things to look at with every new client. This helps me look for opportunity = relatively low hanging, easily implemented fruit. One of the things I look at is diversity. In those two Hollywood projects(I still have the folders zipped up), both clients had well over 100 employees, and both clients had less that 3% minority employees. Now, is that a coincidence...or did I just happen to do projects for the only 2 "racist" :rolleyes: firms in the film industry?

Or, should I have counted Jews as non-whites? :lol:

Just saying. I'd be careful with those stones...if I were you.

Do I run Hollywood? 'Cause if I did, that's news to me.

Dave is an assclown because he is an unabashed racist who denies it by saying absurd things like, "well... I employed a black guy once!"

If you can't see the absurdity of that statement in relation to Dave's posting history, then you should examine your own reading comprehension skills.

But thanks for playing. :beer:

Dave is an assclown because he is an unabashed racist who denies it by saying absurd things like, "well... I employed a black guy once!"

If you can't see the absurdity of that statement in relation to Dave's posting history, then you should examine your own reading comprehension skills.

Nice non-denial denial you have there. So, apparently my reading comprehension skills are just fine. Just remember every time you hear one of your peers start preaching their moral superiority, 80% of us are rolling our eyes. And, if any of them dare call us racists, given their work environment? They are ridiculous, and will only achieve the opposite of what they intend.

Dave doesn't take advice very well, that much is clear. I've explained to him more than a few times, that putting forward a controversial view requires thoughtful presentation. Look, I've even started a thread called "A DaveInElma thread, that is done properly" or something like that. :lol:

So, now, after being ignored by Dave, I am starting to agree that he is not serious, and has an agenda that is not helpful to anyone. Of course, from the beginning of this mess, the easiest, linear conclusion has been "Dave's a racist". I tried to see if there were other conclusions...but those are running out...quick.

Nice non-denial denial you have there. So, apparently my reading comprehension skills are just fine. Just remember every time you hear one of your peers start preaching their moral superiority, 80% of us are rolling our eyes. And, if any of them dare call us racists, given their work environment? They are ridiculous, and will only achieve the opposite of what they intend.

Dave doesn't take advice very well, that much is clear. I've explained to him more than a few times, that putting forward a controversial view requires thoughtful presentation. Look, I've even started a thread called "A DaveInElma thread, that is done properly" or something like that. :lol:

So, now, after being ignored by Dave, I am starting to agree that he is not serious, and has an agenda that is not helpful to anyone. Of course, from the beginning of this mess, the easiest, linear conclusion has been "Dave's a racist". I tried to see if there were other conclusions...but those are running out...quick.

You really don't read anything do you? You just want to write whatever it is that's floating through your mind at the moment without regards to what's being discussed. Even this response is a study in bipolar disjointedness. It's like you have two old men in your head yelling as you sit at the keyboard to write up a response. Whoever yells the loudest in your head gets to control what you type ... regardless of the content.

It's amazingly hilarious actually.

DaveinElma, on 14 January 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

How many black people have you employed in your life? Ive employed many.

You're the bigot for holding the "soft bigotry of low expectations".

The last paragraph is where you quoted Dave in a previous post in this thread. If you are going to criticize someone for their reading comprehension skills you might want to do it with a clean slate yourself.

Edited by 3rdnlng