Great Independent Movie

Dante

Came across "Castaway On The Moon" last weekend and was pleasantly surprised by this Korean film. Didn't expect much in fact I thought I probably fall asleep on the couch and get a nice nap out of it. But the longer the movie went the better it got. I get the feeling that this is a movie that people will either love or hate. If you are a action type movie person it probably will not be for you. For me I got drawn in by the great acting and the quirky characters. Imho its one of the best five films I've seen this year. It has subtitles but isn't really a issue as most of the film is visual and self explanatory. I'm curious if our resident movie guys Mark and Sage(I think its Sage with the movie review blog) have seen it and what they think. If you guys haven't watched this one please go to Netflix and watch it! I don't think you will be disappointed. Plot outline from IMDB below

After failing to kill himself by jumping off a bridge, the man is washed up on a deserted island in the middle of the river, but within view of the city's high-rises. He attempts to escape, but soon accepts his fate and the challenges in living on the island. A reclusive young woman, who takes close-up shots of the moon and has not left her apartment in years, spies him on the island and comes to think of him as her own alien.

Edited by Dante