packfntk

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your signature = FAIL

Uh, dude... not sure what planet you've been on the past 12 years, but, you might want to put down the koolaid and take a "reality pill once and a while BILLS = FAIL.

Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing.

PS. Remember the last GB QB the Bills took off the Packers practice squad (and GB offered to put him on their active roater too... he just happened to choose the Bills). Remind me again how that worked out.

I don't understand all the Buddy Nix hate on this one. I don't have a problem with going into the off season with more on the roster. At least he took a shot at improving a position. Not saying this would have been an improvement. Although anything might be an improvement over Tyler Pigpen. Don't want to see him on this roster next year.

Possible he is forcing hands on purpose. This does force them to extend Flynn or Harrell. One or the other will be FA now. We have a better roster than three years ago. Buddy has us moving in the right direction.

Where's The Senator when you need him.

I'm still in pain from all my ROTFLOL at the clowns who swore up and down that Mike Leach was finished as a coach! :pirate:

When I finally recover from that and catch my breath, I'll point out that we should have drafted Harrell in 2009 and still could have signed him in 2009 as an undrafted FA - and also could have still signed him in 2010, and in 2011 - as I begged and implored anyone who'd listen.

Unfortunately, no one did listen - and that's unfortunate, as I still say Harrell will be a fine starting NFL QB somewhere.

(That is, after he gets his 2nd Superbowl ring with Green Bay! :beer:)

post-2970-060422500 1323351490_thumb.jpg

Uh, dude... not sure what planet you've been on the past 12 years, but, you might want to put down the koolaid and take a "reality pill once and a while BILLS = FAIL.

PS. Remember the last GB QB the Bills took off the Packers practice squad (and GB offered to put him on their active roater too... he just happened to choose the Bills). Remind me again how that worked out.

Hey, at least you got the formatting right this time. Baby steps.

And yes, because of Craig Nall, every quarterback to come from Green Bay's PS will be EXACTLY THE SAME. Stellar.

Hey, at least you got the formatting right this time. Baby steps.

And yes, because of Craig Nall, every quarterback to come from Green Bay's PS will be EXACTLY THE SAME. Stellar.

I didn't think his statement was very logical either, but he was probably referring to Brohm.

He must be good or the Packers would not want to use a roster spot for him. They are heading into the playoffs and they sacrificed depth at another position to keep him. Shows that Chan and Buddy know something!!

He is good. I watched him a lot in college. There's something special about him. Smart move to try and pick him up.

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." -Winston Churchill

:rolleyes:

Poor Wazzu - the Cougars are now doomed, I guess, to 10 straight bowl appearances and to leading the NCAA in offense for the next decade! :pirate:

Leach, 50, was hired last week to replace Paul Wulff. Leach was 84-43 at Texas Tech, leading the Red Raiders to 10 bowl appearances in 10 seasons, before being fired in 2009 amid allegations he mistreated a player with a concussion. Asked Tuesday if parents of recruits should worry, Leach called the allegations "lies and falsehoods. … Your son will not be mistreated."

Link -Mike Leach Is Dream Hire for Dormant Washington State Program

Edited by The Senator

:rolleyes:

Poor Wazzu - the Cougars are now doomed, I guess, to 10 straight bowl appearances and to leading the NCAA in offense for the next decade! :pirate:

Leach, 50, was hired last week to replace Paul Wulff. Leach was 84-43 at Texas Tech, leading the Red Raiders to 10 bowl appearances in 10 seasons, before being fired in 2009 amid allegations he mistreated a player with a concussion. Asked Tuesday if parents of recruits should worry, Leach called the allegations "lies and falsehoods. … Your son will not be mistreated."

Link -Mike Leach Is Dream Hire for Dormant Washington State Program

:rolleyes: I was referring to Leach's bloated ego and utter lack of personal responsibility for the TT situation . You will never hear me say that Leach can't coach at the college level, he's easily proved otherwise.

Harrell played out of the spread in college, and perhaps they view Brad Smith's move to WR as permanent. Or perhaps they've been underwhelmed by Thigpen.

Yes and yes. Smith has played very well in the last two weeks since practicing full time at receiver. Fitz twice missed a wide open Smith deep against the Titans or his numbers would have been huge. As it is, the last two weeks, Smith 11 catches for 149 yards including that awesome TD against the Jets.

This is what I mean when I mention this team has no plan or direction. Why bring in a QB that probably can't throw the ball farther than 45 yards with a good windup. Why would the Bills entertain any thought of this guy? What is he, the second coming of Kelly Holcomb? How does he make the team better? I agree that the Bills have no legitimate backup at QB, but Graham Frickin Harrell? Oh my God, Buddy... please, set your sights a little higher, dare to be at least adequate.

I guess, welcome to a preview of the 2012 Bills season, same as the last 12 seasons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Who should the Bills be pursuing as their backup QB?

Why did Green Bay decide to cut another player and keep Harrell and increase his salary from $12K per week to $22K per week?

tell me about it :sick:. Chan was a running machine when he OCd at Pittsburgh. Wish Cowher was here to keep him in line and run the ball more (and run a real 34).

Great point. I sometimes wonder if there's anyone on the staff who can go up to Gailey and say "I think we're doing too much ______," or "we should be doing ______." The best teams have a collaboration of experts as a system of checks and balances. It could be that there's not enough creative disagreement in the room.

When Gilbride used to have a reputation as a pass happy coach but in the years that he coached under Bill Cowher and Tom Coughlin, his offenses were balanced.

I think Chan either needs to be more reflective and do more self scouting or someone on the staff (Modkins, Wannstedt) need to help him balance things.

Muahahhaha, I had forgotten all about Brohm. Egg on my face. I guess it has happened twice already!!

Not really.

In this case Green Bay, a team which everyone admires and holds up as a model, decided to keep the player, With Nall and Brohm, they decided to let him walk.

I think that in and of itself, speaks loudest.

This is what I mean when I mention this team has no plan or direction. Why bring in a QB that probably can't throw the ball farther than 45 yards with a good windup. Why would the Bills entertain any thought of this guy? What is he, the second coming of Kelly Holcomb? How does he make the team better? I agree that the Bills have no legitimate backup at QB, but Graham Frickin Harrell? Oh my God, Buddy... please, set your sights a little higher, dare to be at least adequate.

I guess, welcome to a preview of the 2012 Bills season, same as the last 12 seasons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

You cannot be more correct IMO. Graham Harrell absolutely sucks as a pro QB. He couldn't even play in Canada. What this suggests to me is that having written the check the Bills intend to go with Fitz and not draft and groom a premier prospect at the position. GB is probably just leaving their options opoen. Don't be surprised if he is not on their roster next year as they find a better player to back up AR. Buddy can go get him then.

Chan Gailey should get his head out of the college dust bin. He's coaching in a pro league now.

Now Matt Flynn on the other hand. There a guy who looks like he might be player. No chance of our landing him I guess.

Great point. I sometimes wonder if there's anyone on the staff who can go up to Gailey and say "I think we're doing too much ______," or "we should be doing ______." The best teams have a collaboration of experts as a system of checks and balances. It could be that there's not enough creative disagreement in the room.

In this case Green Bay, a team which everyone admires and holds up as a model, decided to keep the player, With Nall and Brohm, they decided to let him walk.

I think that in and of itself, speaks loudest.

You mean like an Offensive Coordinator? Yeah, would be nice to have one of those.

The Bills need to sign Dennis Dixon of the Steelers. He has a great arm, has rarley played (because he's behind Ben) and wants to have the opportunity to start. I think he is a FA this offseason, but I could be wrong. But he would def have an opp to start here given Fitz post-contract performance.

Yeah we are NOT looking forward to losing Flynn. Dude is a gamer. Could start on a handfull of teams today.

Hey Cheesehead, you post a lot on this board? Secret Bills fan? ;) I agree Flynn is a gamer. I think he could prob start on the Bills. The Texans, Redskins, Jets will prob all want him.

Also, can you send a few of your excess WRs our way?

Hey Cheesehead, you post a lot on this board? Secret Bills fan? ;) I agree Flynn is a gamer. I think he could prob start on the Bills. The Texans, Redskins, Jets will prob all want him.

Also, can you send a few of your excess WRs our way?

The bills are a team in the NFL that I like. Obviously, not a huge fan, but if it doesn't have a negative impact on my Packers, then I like to see them win.

Yeah, WR is our strongpoint. But there is a method to the madness. Ted Thompson our GM, tries to draft guys with high character. Now obviously you cannot hit on all of them, but this group is good for us. In our offense we spread the ball around. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Randall Cobb are all guys that are not "me" guys. It is all about who is open, and they all understand that greed for the ball will not get you far in GB. We will most likely lose DD to age at the end of this season or next, so we drafted Cobb to take his place. We will draft another in the first 4 rounds to groom for the 4-5 WR in the 2012 draft.

You guys have any viewpoint on Jordy Nelson? When we drafted him, not a ton of people knew who he was and a lot of people were upset that we did not draft Desean Jackson. Wow am I glad we did not draft the guy now. Talented, but a head case.