Revisiting ol' Whitey

ajzepp

If you could have TD back, would you?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have TD back, would you?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Do you view TD in a more favorable light now than you did before?

• Yes
    • No

Donahoe to me was the guy that always wanted to make a decision somewhere out in left field just to prove that he was smarter then everybody else. His drafts killed this franchise & definately started the wheels in motion to the product we have on the field today. Say what you want about the Mike Williams pick but every magazine that year I fuggin read said Mckinney was the pick. Williams was the 2nd best tackle in the draft & even worse he was a right tackle. Now Mckinney has not turned out to be the pro bowler everybody thought he was going to be but certainly has had a better career then Big Mike.

The WM pick. A luxury pick this team could not afford & one of the most arrogant picks that I have ever seen a Bills GM make. Could of had Steinbach.

Trading up for Losman. Idiotic. This guy was arguably the 4th best QB in the draft, had an attitude problem that dated all the way back to his days at UCLA, played in a spread offense, scored about as low as you can possibly score on his wonderlic test, was a project & should of never been taken that high. With the pick we gave Dallas for this moron we could of had D Ware. Great. Oh yeah & Matt Schaub was taken by Atlanta in the 3rd round that same year.

The bottomline here throughout about this lost decade is nothing is going to change until there is a change of ownership. Unfortunately for us, a change in ownership might mean us losing the bills. Kind of stuck between a rock & a hard place.

Edited by Gordio

Donahoe to me was the guy that always wanted to make a decision somewhere out in left field just to prove that he was smarter then everybody else. His drafts killed this franchise & definately started the wheels in motion to the product we have on the field today. Say what you want about the Mike Williams pick but every magazine that year I fuggin read said Mckinney was the pick. Williams was the 2nd best tackle in the draft & even worse he was a right tackle. Now Mckinney has not turned out to be the pro bowler everybody thought he was going to be but certainly has had a better career then Big Mike.

The WM pick. A luxury pick this team could not afford & one of the most arrogant picks that I have ever seen a Bills GM make. Could of had Steinbach.

Trading up for Losman. Idiotic. This guy was arguably the 4th best QB in the draft, had an attitude problem that dated all the way back to his days at UCLA, played in a spread offense, scored about as low as you can possibly score on his wonderlic test, was a project & should of never been taken that high. With the pick we gave Dallas for this moron we could of had D Ware. Great. Oh yeah & Matt Schaub was taken by Atlanta in the 3rd round that same year.

The bottomline here throughout about this lost decade is nothing is going to change until there is a change of ownership. Unfortunately for us, a change in ownership might mean us losing the bills. Kind of stuck between a rock & a hard place.

Why don't you just kick us all in the balls while you're at it? :wallbash:

IMO, TD is what killed this franchise for the last decade. He was a "football guy," probably the biggest name on the market. Ralph gave him full control, something that is probably very hard for him to do. As a result, after he failed miserably, Ralph went in a complete opposite direction (hiring Marv and Brandon as GMs).

Some of TD's awfulness:

1) Taking Roscoe with our top pick in a draft.

2) Using a 1st on Willis.

3) His ugly @ss CFL uniforms.

4) Trading up for Losman.

5) Letting Bledsoe walk so JP could start.

6) Letting Pat Williams go to be replaced by Tim "Pizza Man" Anderson

7) Josh Reed as a 2nd rounder (like the guy but he was too slow and short to be a starting NFL receiver)

8) Signing Jeff Posey, a 3-4 OLB, to play in a 4-3 OLB

TD was beyond awful. And as a result, this team has been rebounding from his decisions ever since.

As indicated in my earlier post, Donahue was bad, very bad. But I'll give him credit for signing Takeo Spikes. That was a great signing, maybe the last true marquee free agent to sign with the Bills. He was an absolute beast in 2004. Of course, it is part of the Buffalo curse to have two Pro Bowl linebackers (Cowart and Spikes) rupture Achilles tendons, just about the one injury you don't come back from (although give Spikes credit, he is still out there doing yeoman's work for the Chargers).

As indicated in my earlier post, Donahue was bad, very bad. But I'll give him credit for signing Takeo Spikes. That was a great signing, maybe the last true marquee free agent to sign with the Bills. He was an absolute beast in 2004. Of course, it is part of the Buffalo curse to have two Pro Bowl linebackers (Cowart and Spikes) rupture Achilles tendons, just about the one injury you don't come back from (although give Spikes credit, he is still out there doing yeoman's work for the Chargers).

Spikes was a great signing but I'll give full credit to the fans for that one. He was treated like a king when the Bengals played here before he hit the market.

Of course, Ralph making him the highest paid LB in the game didn't hurt either. But then again, Ralph is cheap. <_<