Man 'survives' on frozen beer for 3 days

Beerball

college my ass...that has been my columbus day weekend the past 18 years....well ok...bacon is always involved..but with that much grease & beer...stuff don't stay in very long....

Survived three days on nothing but beer. Pfffffft....big deal. It's called college.

Maybe I'm just not on my game today....but I'm thinking you must be a major fuktard to die of dehydration when you're stuck in a snow drift.

he lost 16 pounds in 3 days...in freezing weather???? I could see if he was in the dessert....how do you lose that much weight that quickly???

When your body has to maintain temperature in freezing conditions, your caloric needs will skyrocket as a result. The calories from the beer were no doubt inadequate (and that's not a knock on beer...we all know beer is perfect) and so his body started relying on itself for the calories. It will break down glycogen stores first (in your liver) and then move on to stored fat and then muscle. It is surprising he lost that much in only three days, especially if he had access to a heater intermittently, but the conditions were extreme.

Maybe I'm just not on my game today....but I'm thinking you must be a major fuktard to die of dehydration when you're stuck in a snow drift.

When your body has to maintain temperature in freezing conditions, your caloric needs will skyrocket as a result. The calories from the beer were no doubt inadequate (and that's not a knock on beer...we all know beer is perfect) and so his body started relying on itself for the calories. It will break down glycogen stores first (in your liver) and then move on to stored fat and then muscle. It is surprising he lost that much in only three days, especially if he had access to a heater intermittently, but the conditions were extreme.

It's not a knock on beer, it's a knock on the type of beer. Not only did the moron get stuck in a snow drift but got stuck with lite beer. :wallbash:

It's not a knock on beer, it's a knock on the type of beer. Not only did the moron get stuck in a snow drift but got stuck with lite beer. :wallbash:

Add to the winterization checklist:

Batteries

Flashlight

Blankets

Change of dry clothing

Hat

Gloves

Boots

Kitty litter and salt

snow shovel

energy bars

Matches

Radio

Extra cell battery (keep it charged)

Most importantly .... good beer ... maybe a nice porter

:lol:

he lost 16 pounds in 3 days...in freezing weather???? I could see if he was in the dessert....how do you lose that much weight that quickly???

Shivering is like a non-stop full body workout. Fantastic way to lose weight....aside from the the hypothermia and frostbite.

You cant drink snow... Its shuts down your organs especially if your just sitting there... if you moving around you can get away with it but not if your stuck

Shivering is like a non-stop full body workout. Fantastic way to lose weight....aside from the the hypothermia and frostbite.

A small price to pay for a good beach body

You cant drink snow... Its shuts down your organs especially if your just sitting there... if you moving around you can get away with it but not if your stuck

Really? How is that? Can you elaborate?

Maybe it was yellow snow ....

lol, I'm assuming that must be it, cuase otherwise I can't think of any reason not to utlilize it. Snow = water (dirty water, but water), and water = good. It may not be a ideal source, but it's better than death!