Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

Hopefully the Bills don't get in trouble for this.

I don't know why they would. The NFL is full of crap. Why do fans need to know injury reports in the first place? Let's see, gambling and fantasy, which the NFL is supposedly against.

And Fitz may have his limitations as a QB but the guy is as tough as they come. If only Trent had Fitz' mentality.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many weeks did the Bills list him on the injury report with a 'chest injury'?

How long does it take cracked ribs to heal?

Is there a potential fine in the offing for the Bills?

The system is so weird, but I would guess the Bills defense would be that they 100% knew that he was going to play and therefore did not need to list him as injured.

Warner could easily end up in the hall of fame. Unfortunately you are missing my point though. Your cherry picked stats point to some good performances but you forget the warts on his career and there are many. A lot of things and situations had to go right for Warner to have had the success he did. We seem to forget the times when things weren't going right when he was stocking shelves, being replaced by a rookie or just plain stinking up the joint.

To have an accurate view you have to remember the good with the bad. You have to have the vision to see what a guy can do with the right talent around him, the right scheme and the right situation. Even more difficult still is to have the vision to see that there is still value in a QB who doesn't have those things around him or he loses them mid season.

I didn't cherry pick stats!! Gimme a freaking break. I put up *all* of his postseason stats. If you want to include regular season, than I'm game for that. His 93.7 lifetime rating, MVP, and three Super Bowl appearances suggest that he was in fact a damn good player. In fact, his 93.7 rating is second all time among retired players. That's right: second all time among retired players. Sure, he had some ups and downs, but all players do.

I don't know why they would. The NFL is full of crap. Why do fans need to know injury reports in the first place? Let's see, gambling and fantasy, which the NFL is supposedly against.

And Fitz may have his limitations as a QB but the guy is as tough as they come. If only Trent had Fitz' mentality.

Oh *I* don't need to know, I don't really care about injury reports. Either people are playing or not, or they are injured and out, and just let me know how long (but you really aren't obligated to).

But I know, or I thought, the NFL has some rules about being forthcoming about such things, and as such, I hope the Bills don't get in trouble. I don't think they deserve to, I just don't know what the rules are regarding the situation.

The NFL may in fact be full of crap about this and many other things, but I think that they want teams to be forthcoming about injuries so that the knowledge is public. IF teams weren't required to list injuries the fear is that the 'wise guys' would get the information through their own sources/means and they would use that information to their own benefit.

Who's saying anything about worshipping the guy? Can one not acknowledge he is the best we've got, he is the best we've had in years,

Oh boy, this is fun. Let's take these one at a time ...

Is he the best we've got? Yes. Is he the best we've had in years? Sure. Is that saying a lot? Nope.

But again. Worship average. It suits us Bills fans.

... and that he is at least functional enough to allow them to build and evaluate the team going forward? Does said acknowledgment immediate cast one as a fanboy? Give me a break. Worse players have QB'd playoff teams, and better ones have never won the big one.

Save the histrionics for the next losing streak or unsatisfactory draft pick. Fitz is not the problem. I'd rather see this team build on what it has, than do what it's clear you'd like to see, i.e. the sacking of everyone who "sucks" and a very unlikely miracle turnaround in one season with a completely new front office, coach and QB that satisfies you.

If you don't think Fitz played a role in the 7 game losing streak I don't know what to tell you.

Is he the biggest problem? No. Is he a mediocre QB who shrinks when the pressure is the highest? ABSOLUTELY. Fitz will never win a Super Bowl. I'll say that with 100% certainty. And he certainly won't win a Super Bowl with the Bills -- not how they're presently constructed.

This is a talentless roster, with absolutely no inclination from the front office that they wish to improve it. In 2 years of Nix we've gotten exactly what we got under Brandon, Donahoe and Marv -- shuffling around of talent without any real plan in place.

everyone knew this including other teams....but knowing this ....why in the world did Gailey seem to call MORE PASS PLAYS! ...thats the mystery

Gailey loves to pass. That's the only explanation for his abandonment of the run.

Is he the best we've got? Yes. Is he the best we've had in years? Sure. Is that saying a lot? Nope.

If you don't think Fitz played a role in the 7 game losing streak I don't know what to tell you.

Is he the biggest problem? No. Is he a mediocre QB who shrinks when the pressure is the highest? ABSOLUTELY. Fitz will never win a Super Bowl. I'll say that with 100% certainty. And he certainly won't win a Super Bowl with the Bills -- not how they're presently constructed.

This is a talentless roster, with absolutely no inclination from the front office that they wish to improve it. In 2 years of Nix we've gotten exactly what we got under Brandon, Donahoe and Marv -- shuffling around of talent without any real plan in place.

I consider this post an overly harsh critique.

Kind wonder why you are still hanging around as a fan because you seem to have little reason to stay onboard.

I am just stating my opinion on this post as a representation of your fandom. :pirate:

Gailey loves to pass. That's the only explanation for his abandonment of the run.

Not a satisfying answer. This is the big mystery to me about this season past. Why didnt we flop the pass/run percentage? To me it seems obvious that we should have run more after washington. But i have no idea why we kept passing with less success each week.

Edited by 3rdand12

I consider this post an overly harsh critique.

Kind wonder why you are still hanging around as a fan because you seem to have little reason to stay onboard.

I am just stating my opinion on this post as a representation of your fandom. :pirate:

He'll be here as long as he derives enough stimulation to his ego as a self-proclaimed truth teller. Some people really get their jollies that way around here.

Is he the biggest problem? No. Is he a mediocre QB who shrinks when the pressure is the highest?

Like against New England? Against Oakland? Against Philly? Remind me what happened in these pressure-packed games.

Blah blah blah whining is my drug of choice.

As for what was written, no sh-- Fitz, who we now know was trying to throw a football and absorb hits playing with cracked ribs for 9 weeks, played a role in the losing streak. So did losing Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, Eric Wood, and others on this "talentless" roster that somehow beat the Patriots and went 5-2 to start the season.

Regardless, I'll reiterate. No one is saying Fitz is a Super Bowl QB. There is plenty of room for debate as to whether he could lead a team to the playoffs if that team remained healthy during the season. Truly smart people don't have to act like everyone who disagrees with them is an idiot with the wool pulled over their eyes.

I think this team has made obvious missteps, but what happened in weeks 1-8 says as much to me about the team as its big slide did. I think it can compete with relative health and more pieces added to the roster. Time will tell. Regardless, I don't get my rocks off on talking about how my team is a bunch of losers, so I'll refrain from it. Others are free to pursue their own path to pleasure.

Just talked to my buddy who is good friend's with Fitz's doctor - take it for what it's worth but he said he has had a broken rib since Toronto.....

Any of you care to apology to our friend BuffaloBaumer for what appears to be a legit story?

everyone knew this including other teams....but knowing this ....why in the world did Gailey seem to call MORE PASS PLAYS! ...thats the mystery

Good point.

It is a good point, not the less for having been asked hundreds of times on this forum during the second half of the season.

As any football fan with half a brain could have told you, Fitz was playing hurt from an injury he sustained in the Redskins game in Toronto.

That fact was laughably obvious.

The skeptics were laughably clueless.

How can you see something so obvious with your own eyes and not believe what you're seeing?

He'll be here as long as he derives enough stimulation to his ego as a self-proclaimed truth teller. Some people really get their jollies that way around here.

Shhh, if you say much more, you will be "worshiping average." God forbid anyone enjoy Bills football unless they are winning a Super Bowl.

How many weeks did the Bills list him on the injury report with a 'chest injury'?

How long does it take cracked ribs to heal?

Is there a potential fine in the offing for the Bills?

Potential fine? What for?

The requirement is to list players who miss practice due to illness or injury, and list their probability of playing on Sunday.

If Fitz didn't miss practice and wasn't limited in practice or likely to miss games, there is no NFL requirement to report him.

There is never any NFL requirement to list the specifics of an injury. A "knee" injury can be anything from a little tweak, to a torn ACL or a broken kneecap.

Really good point, Elda. Case in point: Texans. Schaub gets hurt, Leinart gets hurt, TJ Yates in there - they flip-flopped the pass-run ratio, ran more than they passed, and made the playoffs.

Not saying we would have or should have made the playoffs - our D sucked too bad this year IMHO. But asking a bit less of Fitz and hopefully converting a few more 3rd downs and keeping the D off the field a bit more could not have hurt.

Any of you care to apology to our friend BuffaloBaumer for what appears to be a legit story?

No worries, I don't expect St. Pete or any of the others on the first couple pages of this thread to come around any time soon. They are all still so shocked that doctors even have friends to discuss things with.....