Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz had that splint on his finger for a few weeks too.

I think he's all beat up and worn down.

I love Fitz, but he's not exactly the prototypical NFL specimen for a QB.

On top of being dinged up, part of his inaccuracy probably does stem from physical limitations.

That said, he's the best quarterback we've had in here in many years… which is kind of a sad statement.

He's 6'2 225. Size is fine. His mechanics and accuracy are slumping badly. He can read defenses, he has heart, he can scramble. I agree that his ribs are hurting him still from that hit. They take a month to stop hurting if they're cracked.

It's possible. His arm is not that of an NFL starter and he really has to wind up to get anything on the ball. I actually think he might be injured and perhaps he is unable to lift. Could be arm, elbow, wrist, sholder or ribs.

I don't think that him losing strength is the only issue here (no accuracy...injuries....poor game plans...no motivation) but he does not look as fit. After he made that one run and was getting up he seems to have a decent gut on him. I remember reading that article about him and the lineman chowing down every friday. Again, this probably has nothing to do with it, but an observation. GO BILLS

Fitz's problem is that he has stopped the off season strength training that he used to get his arm up to par.

During the preseason and first few weeks his passes were crisp and accurate but each week he has gotten worse as his accuracy has gone down and he is using all his might again to wing the ball. Besides his poor throwing the other obvious sign he quit training is that his arm looks like a 13 yr old girl again. Whereas this summer although he didn't have guns you could tell they were a bit bigger and more muscular.

Fitz get back in the weight room.

weight lifting has little to do with how far you can throw a football

Have you worked out before? After one week strength starts fading so 3 months latter any strength he gained is now long gone. He had plenty throws that were way off target yesterday that he was making earlier in the year and that is because his arm is the wet noodle he had last year that was inaccurate and weak.

Look at Tebow that guy looks like a bodybuilder and throws the ball much harder than he did in college and is throwing it better now that he is getting used to his new throwing motion.

You don't even need to look at Tebow - look at Brees or Rodgers in short sleeves. They aren't bulky but the difference in muscular development is obvious.

Strength training fades when the muscles aren't being used. If he's throwing a lot during the week, he's still using the muscles.

I'm willing to bet the players lift moderately during the season to keep their strength up. Cause if they don't, the entire NFL is doin it wrong.

Many times QBs don't lift because they might "hurt" their shoulders :cry: . And it is quite obvious by looking at him he is do no strength training.

Guys you're missing the point Fitz isn't inaccurate or weak armed because he doesn't have receivers to throw too.

This summer Fitz stated he started strength after last season to improve his arm because he was the starter now and it was something he neglected in the past. Now it is obvious that he is neglecting his strength training again and it shows in all the bad throws he has been making.

You don't even need to look at Tebow - look at Brees or Rodgers in short sleeves. They aren't bulky but the difference in muscular development is obvious.

Strength training fades when the muscles aren't being used. If he's throwing a lot during the week, he's still using the muscles.

Throwing the ball isn't strength training and if you don't have the arm you need to lift to bring it up to par.

It did when Fitz was throwing hard and sharp in preseason and first few games.

Fitz IS regressing. Why?

IMO it's not one thing but here are some reasons in no particular order:

1) Injuries:

You don't lose 2 of your top 3 offensive tackles for 3 weeks and your starting center without if adversely affecting the offense line.

You don't lose 4 of the top 6 presumed wide receivers (no matter how much you think these guys are unproven or suck) without it adversely affecting the offense. These are wideouts you develop a chemistry and timing with. When injuries happen to this degree, it will have a significant negative effect. Other guys step up who are unfamiliar with the offense and the quarterback. Timing and precision are lost. This is a huge handicap.

You don't lose a player like Fred Jackson, an MVP Candidate and a player who was on pace to challenge NFL records for yards from scrimmage without it having a significant negative effect.

2) Coaching: It seems like there is an over-reliance on the passing game. Fitz is not a big, strapping guy. Last year they sat him out the last two weeks in part because he was so beat up. He presently appears beaten up and worn down to me. I believe he's playing with injuries.

With all the injuries to the O-line and the wide receivers, and with Fitz not being the type of quarterback to put a team on his shoulders, why is Gailey throwing the ball so much? If you look at the situation, to me it calls for doing just the opposite: placing greater emphasis on the running game. Even when a team is down a few scores, I believe you have to stay patient. The offense has been run with a greater sense of desperation which is manifested in an over-reliance on the passing game.

Injuries and coaching have NOTHING to do with a QB's inability to get the ball to WIDE OPEN recievers. You can only blame this on one guy - the QB. He has been terrible since signing his big contract. Does he keep his wallet in his pocket during games? The dude wears his wedding band while playing so he probably carries his wallet too. No wonder why he can't throw anymore - the wallet weight pulling him off balance. Tenmillionaseaonitis has taken its toll.

Its time to ditch that awful beard too.....It looks as BAD as he plays.

Edited by Azucho98

Fitz IS regressing. Why?

1) Injuries:

You don't lose 2 of your top 3 offensive tackles for 3 weeks and your starting center without if adversely affecting the offense line.

You don't lose 4 of the top 6 presumed wide receivers (no matter how much you think these guys are unproven or suck) without it adversely affecting the offense. These are wideouts you develop a chemistry and timing with. When injuries happen to this degree, it will have a significant negative effect. Other guys step up who are unfamiliar with the offense and the quarterback. Timing and precision are lost. This is a huge handicap.

You don't lose a player like Fred Jackson, an MVP Candidate and a player who was on pace to challenge NFL records for yards from scrimmage without it having a significant negative effect.

2) Coaching: It seems like there is an over-reliance on the passing game. Fitz is not a big, strapping guy. Last year they sat him out the last two weeks in part because he was so beat up. He presently appears beaten up and worn down to me. I believe he's playing with injuries.

With all the injuries to the O-line and the wide receivers, and with Fitz not being the type of quarterback to put a team on his shoulders, why is Gailey throwing the ball so much? If you look at the situation, to me it calls for doing just the opposite: placing greater emphasis on the running game. Even when a team is down a few scores, I believe you have to stay patient. The offense has been run with a greater sense of desperation which is manifested in an over-reliance on the passing game.

Injuries and coaching have NOTHING to do with a QB's inability to get the ball to WIDE OPEN recievers. You can only blame this on one guy - the QB. He has been terrible since signing his big contract. Does he keep his wallet in his pocket during games? The dude wears his wedding band while playing so he probably carries his wallet too. No wonder why he can't throw anymore - the wallet weight pulling him off balance. Tenmillionaseaonitis has taken its toll.

Its time to ditch that awful beard too.....It looks as BAD as he plays.

Well I see I've met my match in the area of reasoned debate.

Fitz' regression is not due to injuries and coaching.

It's due to his wallet, his wedding ring, and his beard.

Masterfully constructed.

I concede.

Masterfully constructed.

I concede.

How can you blame not getting the ball to a wide open guy on anyone but the QB? Fitz is proving why he has been nothing but a backup his enitre career until he came to this pathetic franchise.

The ring was brought up to point out he "carries" things with him during games that most, if not all, other players keep in their locker - he carries his "heavy" wallet...get it? The beard is "ugly" - like his game the past 6 weeks.... Do I need to draw you a picture? Maybe you can get a job at one bills drive as a scout. They could use another blind person evaluating talent to permanently keep this team out of the post season.

Edited by Azucho98

How can you blame not getting the ball to a wide open guy on anyone but the QB? Fitz is proving why he has been nothing but a backup his enitre career until he came to this pathetic franchise.

The ring was brought up to point out he "carries" things with him during games that most, if not all, other players keep in their locker - he carries his "heavy" wallet...get it? The beard is "ugly" - like his game the past 6 weeks.... Do I need to draw you a picture? Maybe you can get a job at one bills drive as a scout. They could use another blind person evaluating talent to permanently keep this team out of the post season.

I already conceded.

What more do you want from me?

How can you run when CJ Spiller is your only option, I can't stand to continue to watch him not make decisions and end up getting tackled for a gain of two. Find the hole, and hit it fast and hard (that's what she said).

Damn straight, run Corey. In fact run Corey, in the wildcat (in the backfield with Smith) hike it to him instead. Run him in playaction too, throw it to him more too. These things don't require new players or changes in the playbook (as Chan seems opposed to doing new things, even with different personnel for some unknown reason). Corey is a bowlingball, RUN COREY, CHAN! And now that you have Brad on the outside, run a damn reverse.

Reaching.... I know everyone wants it to be some mystical secret once revealed can be easily rectified. But it's not.

There is no big secret reason for the state of the team. It is simple and obvious.

Their best o lineman by a mile, best offensive player who was breaking big plays week after week, their best pass rusher who was getting pressure in a 4 man rush... best d lineman, #2 and #3 best wr all got knocked out for the year and the team has little depth.

This d was pourous before SM and KW got sidelined before Wilson's injury and troups back (solid depth if in a rotation with kw)

Add all the injuries to teams figuring out the counter to chan's smoke, mirrors and over achievers, et voila-> epic failure

I think this too. I like Chan but Megamind needs to add to the playbook at least in variations and when he finds plays that work, he needs to KEEP doing it until the other team stops it. I have been saying it all season.

London Fletcher may be part of the reason for Fitz's decline in play.

Ironic anit it

Edited by bowery4

Fitz IS regressing. Why?

1) Injuries:

^^ This. I was going to post something very similar.

Correct. It's that weird 3/4 delivery of his that makes him throw it as hard as he can to get it to go 15 yards.

And for what it's worth, I don't believe he is regressing. He is the same. It is the defenses that are now playing him in a way where he cannot easily complete the 1-5 yard routes. That is what is making him appear to be worse.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He's also throwing off his back foot like crazy these days. I'm getting suspicious that he throws that way to protect an injury that's being concealed.

Exactly - his mechanics have been very bad. One INT last week was purely because of throwing off the back foot.

The most suprising has been his lack of confidence and leadership. He is smart enough to realize that nobody cares anymore, but his ho hum demeanor might not work on some of these young guys that need a vocal leader.

Correct. It's that weird 3/4 delivery of his that makes him throw it as hard as he can to get it to go 15 yards.

And for what it's worth, I don't believe he is regressing. He is the same. It is the defenses that are now playing him in a way where he cannot easily complete the 1-5 yard routes. That is what is making him appear to be worse.

Good point. If we match up against a team with strong/physical corners and linebackers, our offense is very limited.

Where I believe he has regressed is in a lot of the intangibles. He used to move guys around before the snap, change the play. He rarely does that anymore. He also keeps throwing deep into double and triple coverage in 3rd and short situations. He's not mentally in the game right now.

Masterfully constructed.

I concede.

ROTFLMFAOWTF!!!!!!!

Funniest reply of the day.

and yet people seem to forget a pass over the middle to a wide-open Stevie Johnson at the 20 in the final minute against the Jets two weeks ago.

hmmm....

jw

I respect you JW. I appreciate what you bring to this board. But: I remember it. He's made a bunch of passes that WRs dropped. The problem is, for every Wr drop, there's 1-2 passes that are in the dirt or high. Stevie drops the ball vs the jets, then a few plays later, is WIDE OPEN in the end zone and fitz trows the ball as hard as he can and throws the ball in back of him. Consistantly. That's what we need out of a qb. If like to KNOW what I'm getting. Wth fitZ, I have no idea. His completion percentage is not a reflection of his accuracy. It's a reflection of the playcalling. Fitz is not a BAD qb, he simply is not going to lead this team to anything special, unless we put together the best defense in football. Good luck with that.

I already conceded.

What more do you want from me?

I was just thinking the same thing SJBF. It's clearly obvious that Azoucho is right. It's Fitz' facial hair, wallet, and wedding ring that he wears on his non throwing hand. It's clearly obvious that these are the reasons why Fitz is regressing. I think he's also been very flustered because Chrismas time is coming up and he's worried that his wife won't like the necklace he bought her. I also heard his car was over on an oil change and that has really bothered him as well.