Hard-Hitting Rock Music

ajzepp

So every once in a while I'll shop around on Amazon for some good deals on music. What I usually do is find a disc I want, and then instead of buying it from Amazon I'll look under the "used" list and buy it for like $2 from one of their associated sellers. All my music gets uploaded to my laptop and organized by iTunes anyway, so I don't care about the condition of the plastic case or the insert. Anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit this but the only way I even knew about the band Motorhead was because they wrote and performed two entrance themes for the WWE wrestler Triple H. I happened to see someone mention them, so I started checking out their discs. Typically if I'm not familiar with a band, I'll start with a well-received greatest hits album to get familiar with their most popular cuts, and then go from there. I found that many people on the forums were actually suggesting the Live Motorhead CD from their concert in Germany in '98 so I found a good deal on the used disc and placed the order.

yesterday it showed up and I have to say, these fuggers rock HARD! Lemmy's voice is gravelly (is that a word? I mean to say, "like gravel" lol) and distinctive, and listening to his vocals really gets you fired up. I wish I would have known about this group back when I was playing HS football! We typically settled for Ozzy music, but this would have been even better, IMO. But anyway, I digress.

I know a lot of us love an opportunity to talk music, so i was hoping to start a discussion about rock bands that go above and beyond in terms of intensity and just BRING IT. Even if it's just a single track, that's okay...I'm interested to hear about other examples aside from Motorhead where this is the case.

What are some of your favorites?

Edited by ajzepp

the only way I even knew about the band Motorhead was because they wrote and performed two entrance themes for the WWE wrestler Triple H.

What the !@#$? The only way you knew about Motorhead was from redneck soap operas? Really?

I'm embarrassed to admit this but the only way I even knew about the band Motorhead was because they wrote and performed two entrance themes for the WWE wrestler Triple H.

:lol: I applaud your courage in admitting this.

I do like Motorhead. I saw them live once. They sounded great. I was right up against the stage on the side. Lemmy was wearing really tight black pants and from where I was standing, he looked exactly like a weeble. Looked like he had two asses, one in the back and one in the front. And skinny little legs dangling from his body like Humpty Dumpty. I don’t know why I mention this. It was very odd.

What the !@#$? The only way you knew about Motorhead was from redneck soap operas? Really?

Honesty and self-deprecation are my strong suits :D

:lol: I applaud your courage in admitting this.

I do like Motorhead. I saw them live once. They sounded great. I was right up against the stage on the side. Lemmy was wearing really tight black pants and from where I was standing, he looked exactly like a weeble. Looked like he had two asses, one in the back and one in the front. And skinny little legs dangling from his body like Humpty Dumpty. I don’t know why I mention this. It was very odd.

:lol:

So every once in a while I'll shop around on Amazon for some good deals on music. What I usually do is find a disc I want, and then instead of buying it from Amazon I'll look under the "used" list and buy it for like $2 from one of their associated sellers. All my music gets uploaded to my laptop and organized by iTunes anyway, so I don't care about the condition of the plastic case or the insert. Anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit this but the only way I even knew about the band Motorhead was because they wrote and performed two entrance themes for the WWE wrestler Triple H. I happened to see someone mention them, so I started checking out their discs. Typically if I'm not familiar with a band, I'll start with a well-received greatest hits album to get familiar with their most popular cuts, and then go from there. I found that many people on the forums were actually suggesting the Live Motorhead CD from their concert in Germany in '98 so I found a good deal on the used disc and placed the order.

yesterday it showed up and I have to say, these fuggers rock HARD! Lemmy's voice is gravelly (is that a word? I mean to say, "like gravel" lol) and distinctive, and listening to his vocals really gets you fired up. I wish I would have known about this group back when I was playing HS football! We typically settled for Ozzy music, but this would have been even better, IMO. But anyway, I digress.

I know a lot of us love an opportunity to talk music, so i was hoping to start a discussion about rock bands that go above and beyond in terms of intensity and just BRING IT. Even if it's just a single track, that's okay...I'm interested to hear about other examples aside from Motorhead where this is the case.

What are some of your favorites?

Ronnie James Dio - Rainbow in the Dark

WOW, just discovered Motorhead... Not sure if Im embarassed for you, or jealous! Jealous because Motorhead is one of my top 5 favorites of all time, and Id love to go back and have that feeling of discovering them all over again.

Not sure about a live CD from 1998, but their well known, epic live album is called "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith", recorded in 1981.

The way Lemmy works that Rickenbacker... it's like God himself hammering that bass.

The opening to Ace of Spades is still one of my all time favorite musical moments...

Another Ace of Spades video, featuring Dave Grohl on drums and Slash on guitar...

Edited by DrDareustein

After he left Motorhead, guitarist Fast Eddie Clark formed a band with the singer who eventually ended up in Great White called Fastway. I always liked their first album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_oPyavUaw&feature=player_embedded

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Not sure if it will satisfy you heavy metalheads but I have always been partial to Tool myself. Probably well known by all here but why not hear "Stinkfist" again for old times sake? Ah, Auld lange sein. . .

After he left Motorhead, guitarist Fast Eddie Clark formed a band with the singer who eventually ended up in Great White called Fastway. I always liked their first album:

I can't believe I never connected those dots. :doh: