10 things the iPhone Siri will help you get instead of an abortion

Just Jack

Could the problem be that Planned Parenthood is consciously rebranding itself as a prenatal care/family planning/reproductive health provider and burying any explicit reference to abortion in its public face?

They know theirs is already the first name women think of when they're shopping for an abortion. Why hand ammunition to those who would try to cut their public funding?

More likely the problem is that Siri is no better than any other voice recognition engine. That is: it's crap.

Still wouldn't surprise me, though, if it's due to Apple's draconian content management policies. But Siri isn't some magic all-knowing software, it's only as good as it's keyword matching to its data source, either of which can be questionable in a bunch of different ways.

More likely the problem is that Siri is no better than any other voice recognition engine. That is: it's crap.

Still wouldn't surprise me, though, if it's due to Apple's draconian content management policies. But Siri isn't some magic all-knowing software, it's only as good as it's keyword matching to its data source, either of which can be questionable in a bunch of different ways.

Nope. It's actually quite good at voice recognition.

A co-worker of mine got one last week and said, "Show me your breasts."

Siri: "Hmm. I'm working on it."

Came back in about two minutes and LOUDLY said (in the office, mind you) "I've found four strip joints within five miles of your location."

Nope. It's actually quite good at voice recognition.

A co-worker of mine got one last week and said, "Show me your breasts."

Siri: "Hmm. I'm working on it."

Came back in about two minutes and LOUDLY said (in the office, mind you) "I've found four strip joints within five miles of your location."

A co-worker.

Right.