Jack Del Rio fired

CowgirlsFan

Spags, Frazier, Del Rio..think any of them would consider becoming DC for the Bills? Guess thay all play 4-3..does that mean they would not be hired here?

And please spare me the Ralph will never pay them..we get it..just wondering if they could be a fit here

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Bills standpoint, perhaps the title and subtitle of this thread should be reversed. The guy buying the Jags is committed to keeping them in Jacksonville. Maybe I've just gotten too paranoid, but this is terrible news for the Bills' future, I would assume.

Lindy Ruff = Andy Reid. Both have overstayed their welcome.

Except I can safely say that, relative to expectations, the Sabres have never tanked during a season like the Eagles have this year. If the Sabres have an overall down year (a first round playoff exit or worse) I have no problem canning Lindy.

another coach that kept his job longer then he should have simply because he had a guaranteed contract

i think Reid is gone as well but it will probably come out as him stepping down...i dont care what his record is the guy has always been overrated

I doubt Haley is gone from KC, they made the playoffs last year and had a ton of injuries, he prob gets one more year

Shanahan prob gets another year as well

my surprise firing is Garrett in Dallas...think Fisher ends up there or Philly

That would be pretty surprising, unless the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs. I think they will make it...it pains me to say it, but I think Garrett has the Cowboys playing better the last month or so, than they have played in years. In fact, I think they will make some noise in the playoffs. Fisher would be tempting for most owners, but, for some reason, I can't see him and JJ working well togehter...just a hunch.

This might not be good news. If the new ownership is committed to northern Florida they will not be headed to LA.

The Jags supposedly have an "iron-clad" lease keeping them in Jax until 2024. I don't know how iron-clad it really is but there is nothing more than a handshake agreement to keep the Jags in North Florida.

PTR

Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver announced Tuesday that coach Jack Del Rio has been fired and that he is selling the team to businessman Shahid Khan, who will keep the team in Jacksonville.

Khan, who lives in Illinois, was born in Pakistan in 1950 and moved to the United States when he was 16. Weaver said Khan plans to buy a home in Jacksonville. The sale must be approved by the NFL's 32 owners.

Weaver said there is no signed agreement that Khan has to keep the team in Jacksonville but he said he was comfortable agreeing to the sale because Khan "has a passion" for the area. "I've had calls from California that I've refused to take," Weaver said of other potential buyers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7293624/jacksonville-jaguars-fire-longtime-coach-jack-del-rio-sell-team

Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver announced Tuesday that coach Jack Del Rio has been fired and that he is selling the team to businessman Shahid Khan, who will keep the team in Jacksonville.

Khan, who lives in Illinois, was born in Pakistan in 1950 and moved to the United States when he was 16. Weaver said Khan plans to buy a home in Jacksonville. The sale must be approved by the NFL's 32 owners.

Weaver said there is no signed agreement that Khan has to keep the team in Jacksonville but he said he was comfortable agreeing to the sale because Khan "has a passion" for the area. "I've had calls from California that I've refused to take," Weaver said of other potential buyers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7293624/jacksonville-jaguars-fire-longtime-coach-jack-del-rio-sell-team

KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Lindy Ruff = Andy Reid. Both have overstayed their welcome.

You may be sick of them, and I don't think either are beyond reproach...but when you look at the dreck that is out there in the coaching fraternity of both leagues, you could do far worse that Lindy Ruff or Andy Reid.

You may be sick of them, and I don't think either are beyond reproach...but when you look at the dreck that is out there in the coaching fraternity of both leagues, you could do far worse that Lindy Ruff or Andy Reid.

+1

I disagree with this pervading sentiment that long-tenured coaches who haven't won championships need to be fired just to shake things up.

The problem is that people, after a while, tend to equate "hasn't won it all" with "can't ever win it all".

It's about realizing the potential of your team. This year's Sabres squad has the potential for a deep playoff run. If Lindy can't milk it out of them, then his job should be in jeopardy.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine