Norv Turner & The San Diego Chargers

BuffaloWest

Norv Turner is really on the hot seat in San Diego.

I would not be surprised if he doesnt make it through the season without being fired.

The fanbase is up in arms and wants this guy gone!

They also hate AJ Smith, so I assume he will be out-Widely perceived as a dick.

This is similar to the Dick Jauron situation in Buffalo a few years ago.

Like Jauron, Turner makes bad game time decisions and shows no fight, spirit or fire. It drives fans nuts.

Turner has had some success , especially as a coordinator.

Jauron has NEVER had success of any significance. The situation in San Diego is actually worse than Buffalo

as Turner took over a 14-2 team and never did anything with the team. Also San Diego has a bonafide franchise QB-Buffalo did not.Anyways....

Here is my question:

How would you feel about bringing in Norv Turner next year (assuming he is fired) and have him run the offense with Gailey as a QB Coach or OC or something-He is a good coordinator-just a bad HC, and then have Wannstadt running the defense? It would reunite the two Dallas coordinators who beat us in the superbowl....

Who is the Head Coach in your scenario?

The syntax confused me too, but I believe he's saying Gailey as HC and Turner as OC.

One thing I wonder about - a lot of people want to replace Edwards with Wannstedt. As Assistant HC, don't you suppose that Wanny has already had quite a say in regards to the defense?

The syntax confused me too, but I believe he's saying Gailey as HC and Turner as OC.

One thing I wonder about - a lot of people want to replace Edwards with Wannstedt. As Assistant HC, don't you suppose that Wanny has already had quite a say in regards to the defense?

one would have to agree that Wanny is having his share of defensive input, but I believe Edwards has carte blanche over game time decisions and adjustments.

Its one thing to draw up a pregame plan but then you must react to the opposing offense and their own gameplan, and this is where George Edwards has failed miserably.

We can bring in Marty Schottenheimer to be our defensive coordinator… Wade Phillips as D-Line Coach…

Phillips is in Houston and the D is on fire. The guy is a great Defensive coach, no question about it- 3-4 is his specialty.

Our Defense is a mess because of lack of pass rush primarily-We need LB's and we need DE's...If we get some, our defense is pretty good...Good secondary and great DT with Williams and Dareus.

We may not be that far off, but we need some free agents of significance signed this offseason.

Turner, like Wade Phillips is a proven coordinator-lousy head coach.

Jauron was never good at anything other than sucking.

Edited by BuffaloWest

Are we going for the final outpost for failed NFL head coaches? Gailey is failing, Wanny failed, Norv Turner is a failure, guess we could Bring back Dick Jauron while we are at it.

Norv Turner is a failure? Wow. What does that make Chan Gailey? The Bolt's problem is their locker-room. Specifically, the lack of leadership on the part of Phillip (head-case) Rivers. A patchwork defense, made up of some of the NFL's most unwanted castoffs (Tommie Harris, Takeo Spikes) doesn't help much either. I'd take Norv Turner in two f*#$ing seconds over Chan Gailey. Norv is an excellent HC and OC. In that scenario Edwards would be toast as well. The Stache would take over full time as DC. People who think offense isn't a problem for us are DELUSIONAL. Norv Turner knows how to get the best out of his players. It's unfortunate that San Diego's rabid fan base have sided with an undeserving QB in Phil Rivers.

Norv Turner is really on the hot seat in San Diego.

I would not be surprised if he doesnt make it through the season without being fired.

The fanbase is up in arms and wants this guy gone!

They also hate AJ Smith, so I assume he will be out-Widely perceived as a dick.

This is similar to the Dick Jauron situation in Buffalo a few years ago.

Like Jauron, Turner makes bad game time decisions and shows no fight, spirit or fire. It drives fans nuts.

Turner has had some success , especially as a coordinator.

Jauron has NEVER had success of any significance. The situation in San Diego is actually worse than Buffalo

as Turner took over a 14-2 team and never did anything with the team. Also San Diego has a bonafide franchise QB-Buffalo did not.Anyways....

Here is my question:

How would you feel about bringing in Norv Turner next year (assuming he is fired) and have him run the offense with Gailey as a QB Coach or OC or something-He is a good coordinator-just a bad HC, and then have Wannstadt running the defense? It would reunite the two Dallas coordinators who beat us in the superbowl....

Ah hell NO! Norv blows any clown could have been a good oc with those Dallas teams. SD made a huge mistake firing Marty, you go 14-2 and lose a tough game to the Patriots who were the best team of that decade and you fire a guy :doh: , not even Ralph would do that.

What we need to do is commit to the 34, scrap the hybrid BS and let our players play the positions they are good at. You got Dareus on the nose and Johnson and Carrington (was) playing OLB and we wonder why our D sucks. Plus there is way too much rotation of players going on. your best players need to play and when they need a break put the backup in for a series so guys can get into a rhythm and the flow of the game. You cant expect guys to play good if they are coming in and out every play and have different assignments all the time. Keep it simple and our D would be playing a lot better.

the front 7 should look like this:

DE Dareus

NT Heard

DE Carrinton

OLB Batten

ILB Sheppard

ILB Barnett

OLB Moats