I got it!!

buckeyemike

Just what I wanted this Christmas!!

Last night my family exchanged gifts because my brother and sister-in-law are heading for St. Louis today for Christmas with her family (and, considering the nasty conditions on I-64 outside Evansville, thank God they're flying and not driving).

The one thing I wanted, I got...the Extended 4-disc Widescreen LOTR:ROTK set. I haven't opened it yet...hoping to watch all three this weekend.

And tomorrow, Christmas Day, my wife's family will exchange gifts.

A side note: I have to watch DVD's in widescreen. Fullscreen just doesn't look right to me.

Mike

Just what I wanted this Christmas!!

Last night my family exchanged gifts because my brother and sister-in-law are heading for St. Louis today for Christmas with her family (and, considering the nasty conditions on I-64 outside Evansville, thank God they're flying and not driving).

The one thing I wanted, I got...the Extended 4-disc Widescreen LOTR:ROTK set.  I haven't opened it yet...hoping to watch all three this weekend.

And tomorrow, Christmas Day, my wife's family will exchange gifts.

A side note:  I have to watch DVD's in widescreen.  Fullscreen just doesn't look right to me.

Mike

177119[/snapback]

Full screen sucks!

I hope to be getting mine tomorrow.

A side note:  I have to watch DVD's in widescreen.  Fullscreen just doesn't look right to me.

Correction: You like watching movies in OAS (Original Aspect Ratio). That said, watching a movie in full screen when it was filmed in widescreen is like cutting the original Mona Lisa down to fit the size of your picture frame.

CW

Mike

177119[/snapback]

i didn't even know the platinum extended edition came in fullscreen...nor do i understand why they even sell movies fullscreen anymore

my fiance couldn't wait, so we opened it and watched it already...the 4 hours goes by fast surprisingly...extra scenes are good