Getting nervous about Bills' injuries

Dr. K

They certainly seem to be piling up. Who is going to play tight end? The backfield is shaky.

It's been a tough season for injuries across the NFL, and the Bills have been reasonably lucky so far. I hope they're ready for these last two games.

Probably the more important injury story for the Bills will be whether Pitts has clinched homefield advantage through the playoffs and decides to rest their walking wounded in the last game.

If this happens it will mean Pitts beat the Ravens this weekend which gives us the playoff advantage over the Ravens IF we win out.

I suspect thr Broncos will likely lose one of their two last games giving us the advantage over them IF we win out.

This leaves what I see as the biggest ? of our playoff fantasy which is that Jax must lose at home to either Houson or Oakland AND we must win out. Neither outcome for the two Jax games is likely, but as Miami showed on Monday night on any given day anything can happen.

We also live in the world of any given day, but given that I think that the SF injuries make them a much worse team with just as bad if not worse injury issues, if Pitts is resting folks we just may win out.

I am not sure we have been all that lucky with injuries. One half of our starting secondary was out early, which could EASILY have cost us a game or two. Our starting RB has been lost most of the season despite the back-up being better and now they're both hurt. Both starting tackles have been hurt and lost for games. The starting center was lost for a few games. Three TEs are now hurt. The back-up quarterback has been hurt the entire season ad the back-up before that was hurt and lost.

Other teams have had worse, that is for sure. But we have had a lot of guys hurt and a lot of important players hurt.

And the answer to the original question is no, if we're a good team, and a playoff worthy team, the next guy on the list walks in and plays and we still do what it takes to win. This is a pretty deep team, IMO, and we should win the next two games if we are as good as we think we are (or as good as I think we are).