Inactives for today

Looks like the bell era is over. we harly knew ye

As for troupe nothing to say but ugh .

I hope the Bell Era isn't over because otherwise we have st start all over again with Hairston and wait 3 years for him to make something, keep bell and Hairston becomes the swing tackle until he can beat out Pears or Bell

Troups is a big disappointmemnt- so much for Conference USA players from UCF !

I wish the Bills would just pick guys from the SEC at least they know how to play, instead of trying to outsmart the rest of the NFl on players like Jasper and troupe.

I hope the Bell Era isn't over because otherwise we have st start all over again with Hairston and wait 3 years for him to make something, keep bell and Hairston becomes the swing tackle until he can beat out Pears or Bell

I wish the Bills would just pick guys from the SEC at least they know how to play, instead of trying to outsmart the rest of the NFl on players like Jasper and troupe.

Wisconsin offensive line is usually a safe bet. Ohio State used to be a good place for DB's. But I agree in general, the SEC has been the most dominant division for the past several years. Get your talent from the schools that play the hardest schedules!

You're right about the "trying to outsmart" Bills philosophy. Although, I was hoping they got away from that in 2011 and will move further away.

Jasper and Troup don't belong in the same sentence for draft evaluation, though.

Jasper was our 2nd 7th round pick, 245th overall. In that round, players are 2-3 year projects. If you get someone who can play in the late rounds, call it good. If you get someone who can contribute immediately, call it great. Otherwise let it go.

Troup was a 2nd round pick, 41st overall. To build through the draft, one needs to hit on the 1st 3 rounds consistently.

I like Bell LT Harriston RT better than Harriston and Pears, but play the guys who can play the best.

Bell is still having some shoulder issues, and I don't think he has enough of an advantage to be inserted back in when he isn't 100%, so let's see what happens when he is 100% first. I think he has performed well when he has played, and I am not going to make any judgments about Chan's plans until he is 100%.

Troup is another thing. He hasn't shown ability to play well when healthy or stay healthy. And I think we will next year mostly be 4-3 with Dareus and Kyle as the tackles, so he can be a specialty player in short yardage or if the 3-4 has more of a future than I think.

At least today we get to see that Spiller isn't a bust like people think...just a really talented player who has to learn some things about holes and blocking, and hasn't done that behind Freddie so far. I think he shows some good things today, and we realize we are happy to have him since 30 year old running backs (as much as we love Freddie) don't typically go on Cal Ripken streaks over the long hall.

Now that the pressure is off, I'm excited about the Bills surprising people today and going to 6-5.

Curious also to see how White performs as RB vis-a-vis Spiller. It will be quite telling

I have a gut feeling that Chan will put "his guy" Choice in and White will not get a fair chance. Spiller may not either. It may be too soon this week since Choice has only been around for about two days, but for some reason I think Chan will be quick to use him. I would find that very interesting.

You're in luck. Buffalo has a GM who believes in exclusively scouting the south. There aren't really any other areas of the country to scout that he knows of.