RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

#34fan

A. Moats is another example of how Bills fans (and, unfortunately the team) overvalue their own - at least the unheralded guys. Moats is a fine player in a reserve role, but not the elite pass-rusher everyone thinks he is. Remember how jazzed we all got about the return of the great Antonio Coleman? I recall how excited many were about Marcus Easley and Danny Batten's returns this year. The fact is, that these guys all look like fringe NFL-ers at this point. They could amount to more, but they're either being held back by a bad coach, in the defense's case, or just not that good. We have a lot of training camp heroes and unfulfilled promise left on this roster after the loss of most of our genuinely good players.

I'm glad we sort-of agree on the coaching staff under-achieving, but Moats is only 23! -That's a bit young to be writing someone off. Especially on a team like ours. I think helping put Favre out to pasture put Moats on a lot of people's radar. Coleman, Easley, and Batten, are just more exmples of what I'm saying. Kelsay hasn't exactly been up to whole lot lately either. There's no leaership in place. In my experience, problems like that usually start at the top. All I'm saying is that when I look at his athleticism, I see promise. It's up to a coach to make the most of that. I don't care what round he was taken in. Mike Vrabel was a third rounder, and he turned out o.k.

A really agree with needing to become not only better talent evaluators, but better DEVELOPERS. Some of you seem to think that just because a player wasn't 1st round that their talent level is not close to the players selected in the actual 1st round. 224 players are undrafted every year and countless others are signed as UDA's. 1st rounder players consist of only 14% of an entire draft! You cannot have an entire team of 1st round players and many of the posters on this board seem to think that is what is needed at every position.

Someone drafted in the 5th may have the same talent as someone in the 1st but dropped due to countless reasons.

I think we all need to agree that anyone drafted onto an NFL team has a legitimate chance at becoming a good to great NFL starter. Is there more high level talent in the 1st round? Yes. But is that where you build your team. No.

So many of today's stars at all positions were not 1st rounders or 2nd or 3rd etc. It's about having a scheme, having good coaches and talent evaluators at the top and then developing players into stars.

Obv we can't say at this point whether or not Moats will be amazing. But we certainly can't write it off.

Here is the question. If Moats becomes a one man wrecking crew, will Rex Ryan summon his brother Rob to the field? With Rob's long flowing Medusa style hair, one look could turn Moats into stone!!

Medusa

Careful buddy, there may be a chick or two out there that thinks Rob Ryan is playgirl material :flirt: