Take notes please...

boyst

The world is too full of idiots for just one thread.

Every day, more and more I am hearing people call their SUV's or little mini-wanna-be autos trucks. It's just not right, a truck is something you drive off land, work in, haul stuff, a TRUCK.

I talk to friends from the NorthEast and slowly now the southeast (here) and they all say their Honda CRV or Kia Sportage is a truck. No. No. No, it's not.

This is a truck

This is not a truck

again...

Truck

Not truck

Please learn the difference. Just because you have something that is not this does not give you the right to pretend you do. You instead should drive this for being an idiot.

You're feeling a little frustrated, aren't you? Sorry the date didn't go as well as you hoped it would. :devil:

I don't see the point to being upset about this, those vehicles are closer to being what you would call a truck then they are to being a car. Most vehicle manufacturers SUVs are built on the same platform (frame, chassis, body styling) as the pickups, but instead of a bed, they have extra seating. Theres very little difference underneath of a Dodge Dakota (truck) and a Dodge Durango (SUV), or say, a Ford Ranger (truck) and a Ford Explorer (SUV), etc.

Its not like they are calling their SUV a JEEP (I have had that before)

You're feeling a little frustrated, aren't you? Sorry the date didn't go as well as you hoped it would. :devil:

Dates next week some time, come on people...in LPW (has there ever been an acronym for it?) I said next week...

I don't see the point to being upset about this, those vehicles are closer to being what you would call a truck then they are to being a car. Most vehicle manufacturers SUVs are built on the same platform (frame, chassis, body styling) as the pickups, but instead of a bed, they have extra seating. Theres very little difference underneath of a Dodge Dakota (truck) and a Dodge Durango (SUV), or say, a Ford Ranger (truck) and a Ford Explorer (SUV), etc.

Its not like they are calling their SUV a JEEP (I have had that before)

Jeep is Jeep, nothing else is a Jeep. A Jeep is from Toledo, no where else. I am sure hipsters get mad when you say their Mini-Cooper is a VW. It's not that I get mad - not at all, I just get tired of being confused when someone says have you seen my new truck, or I am over here by the truck, or can we put these bodies in the back of your truck...it can be a dilema.

Most amazing thing, the Vette is on a Cadilac frame!

The world is too full of idiots for just one thread.

Every day, more and more I am hearing people call their SUV's or little mini-wanna-be autos trucks. It's just not right, a truck is something you drive off land, work in, haul stuff, a TRUCK.

I talk to friends from the NorthEast and slowly now the southeast (here) and they all say their Honda CRV or Kia Sportage is a truck. No. No. No, it's not.

Then a REAL truck is a 747. 500,000 pound payload, burns 28,000 lbs of fuel a hour. There's some bragging rights.

Thanks and join us again next week for another episode of "Obscure Sub-Categories of Niche Bigotry" when we will explore the essential characteristics and range of applicability of the term "Hoagy."

:P

Okay, Punk! It's a Sub. Not a "Grinder", not a "Hoagie", not a "Hero". It's a Sub. Now take that "Hoagie" back to Hog Island!

Kids...

:lol::nana: