Kyle Orton Released

GoBills!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw on ESPN that Kyle Orton is released...who picks him up, I think he has some talent this may be a blessing for the colts,houston,chicago,KC and some may say the Bills... Thoughts... :thumbsup:

I'd like to see the Bills pick him up and DUMP Pigpen.

He got put on waivers... He wouldn't have a choice.

-Bill

The way I heard it (ESPN), if someone picks him up off waivers, they have to pay him his contract. If he clears waivers -likely today- any team can sign him for any price at or above the vet minimum.

If this is factual, it makes sense no one has put a claim in on him yet.

The way I heard it (ESPN), if someone picks him up off waivers, they have to pay him his contract. If he clears waivers -likely today- any team can sign him for any price at or above the vet minimum.

If this is factual, it makes sense no one has put a claim in on him yet.

Here it is:

Although he's a vested veteran with seven NFL seasons under his belt, Orton is subject to the waiver rules because he was released after the trade deadline. If another team claims him, it will be responsible for about $3 million in salary, which is what remains of his roughly $9 million contract for 2011. If nobody claims him, he'll be free to sign with anybody.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7270010/denver-broncos-waive-former-qb-starter-kyle-orton

It's be stupid for the Bill not to claim him. He's better than Thigpen and if Chicago truly wants him then make them cough up a draft pick.

trade deadline has passed and he is a FA at seasons end, he gets picked up on waivers or if he clears, as a FA. No draft picks can/will be exchanged for him

Unless Fitz gets hurt, the Bills won't be looking for a QB. He is their starter of the present and future now, its something everyone is going to have to accept and move on.

I dont understand what is so hard about this.....

You are not looking for Kyle Orton to come in and supplant or be a threat to Fitz....you are looking for someone who wont be a total disaster if Fitz goes DOWN

My worst nightmare is Thigpen being announced as a starter in a game for us.....and that is not good....the backup guy has to at least be servicable.

Just saw on ESPN that Kyle Orton is released...who picks him up, I think he has some talent this may be a blessing for the colts,houston,chicago,KC and some may say the Bills... Thoughts... :thumbsup:

Too bad the Broncos didn't release him next week, because after this week with no FJ running the ball the Bills QB is gonna get crucified, by either the Jets or by the fans.

the Bills would have picked him up and the fans could see what would happen to an ordinary QB behind that PoS O line...oh well guess Tyler Thigpin will have to do

You are not looking for Kyle Orton to come in and supplant or be a threat to Fitz....you are looking for someone who wont be a total disaster if Fitz goes DOWN

My worst nightmare is Thigpen being announced as a starter in a game for us.....and that is not good....the backup guy has to at least be servicable.

Its a disaster already, whats the worst that would happen if Fitz went down? The offence would struggle to score 2 FG's a game?

From what I heard, KC and Chicago both put in claims, and due to the order, KC would get him. Although theres also rumors he has told the Chiefs not to claim him, and he may not show up and sit out if they do because he wants to go back to Chicago. If this is true and he ends up in Chicago, it would lokk bad on the league that players can pick and chose who gets them and where they go. Personally, I think if you are waived and don't want to play for the team claiming you so you sit out, that team should still have your rights and you cannot become a FA at the end of the season

Edited by apuszczalowski

On the third hand, they weren't looking for Fitz to be a threat to Edwards' job at one time either.

Its a disaster already, whats the worst that would happen if Fitz went down? The offence would struggle to score 2 FG's a game?

From what I heard, KC and Chicago both put in claims, and due to the order, KC would get him. Although theres also rumors he has told the Chiefs not to claim him, and he may not show up and sit out if they do because he wants to go back to Chicago. If this is true and he ends up in Chicago, it would lokk bad on the league that players can pick and chose who gets them and where they go. Personally, I think if you are waived and don't want to play for the team claiming you so you sit out, that team should still have your rights and you cannot become a FA at the end of the season

Chiefs got him.