Why isn't Bell starting at LT?

I'd IR Bell, so as to drive down his price on the market after the season is over.

Now that's a cost-cutting move Littman can get behind.

If Hairston shows well these last six games, I get the feeling the Bills won't be too upset if Bell signs elsewhere.

GO BILLS!!!

He can't be getting a huge pay check & we do need depth players so why don't we keep him around for a #2 incase the starter goes down . He would be a good #2 , let him see if he would be a free agent what he could get & then match the offer he wants to stick

around .

He's not gonna get top $ any way so dangle that carrot & see or we could do what we did with Hangartener & just let him walk then if we have our starter go down sit around & :censored: about how we should have kept him around !!!!

When Bell was healthy I thought he played well during the regular season. I hope he plays a bit, I'd like to evaluate him over the last few games of the season.

I think we all know what we have in Bell: an average to above-average LT, who will give you 5-6 games every year before getting injured.

It's going to be a real dilemma what the Bills do with him--do you pay a guy who is pretty good but can't stay healthy?

I think we all know what we have in Bell: an average to above-average LT, who will give you 5-6 games every year before getting injured.

It's going to be a real dilemma what the Bills do with him--do you pay a guy who is pretty good but can't stay healthy?

If he can be re-signed fairly inexpensively, do it.

For Karl Malone's kid, he sure seems like a wuss. :D

He's very injury prone, shoulder and knee since he's been in the league. I think what you're seeing is management realizing we aren't a playoff team after all, and switching back into the player development mode like everybody thought this year was going to be.

Guys like Hairston, Searcy, Shep, Donald Jones (now Aiken), Spiller, Troupe, Batten, Moats, Carrington, Aaron Williams. Maybe not the best guys at their spot but all young and promising and getting their chance to learn with real bullets flying around.

Even Fitz doesn't have that many league starts. We're still young.

If you have questionable starters, go with the newer guys.

Edited by Webster Guy

Chan didn't expand on why Hairston will start at LT. Is Bell still hurt or are they just fed up with his injuries and hoping Hairston can do the job so they can cut Bell at the end of the season? I liked the way Bell was playing and want to see him on the field. Thoughts?

Uh....because he sucks?

He can't be getting a huge pay check & we do need depth players so why don't we keep him around for a #2 incase the starter goes down . He would be a good #2 , let him see if he would be a free agent what he could get & then match the offer he wants to stick

around .

He's not gonna get top $ any way so dangle that carrot & see or we could do what we did with Hangartener & just let him walk then if we have our starter go down sit around & :censored: about how we should have kept him around !!!!

Keep him for depth? Stop making sense. This is the Bills and this is what we do.

First we let our starter walk creating another massive hole to fill. Then we draft another offensive tackle in any round from 5 through 7. Next our GM tells us he cannot fill all the holes in one year but we will build by the draft and keep our own (even though we very rarely do). After that we might even pick up a very old, washed up, third tier free agent OT that was never very good to begin with.

Next year, we will wonder how we got worse on the OL, just when it looked like the line was coming together. After the normal rash of injuries, when all else fails, we will sign a prospect off of a good teams Practice Squad and hope we can develop him. That way we can pay him minimum wage for a few years.

Edited by Bob in STL

Keep him for depth? Stop making sense. This is the Bills and this is what we do.

First we let our starter walk creating another massive hole to fill. Then we draft another offensive tackle in any round from 5 through 7. Next our GM tells us he cannot fill all the holes in one year but we will build by the draft and keep our own (even though we very rarely do). After that we might even pick up a very old, washed up, third tier free agent OT that was never very good to begin with.

Next year, we will wonder how we got worse on the OL, just when it looked like the line was coming together. After the normal rash of injuries, when all else fails, we will sign a prospect off of a good teams Practice Squad and hope we can develop him. That way we can pay him minimum wage for a few years.

That hit me in the wheelhouse. Well spoken