Bills Offseason Needs

Jerry Jabber

This offseason, the Bills FO has a lot of work to do. Here's my list:

1. Fire George Edwards and put Dave Wannstedt in his place (don't know why this hasn't been done already)

2. Fire the current strength & conditioning coaches. The Bills have been the most snake bitten club in regards to injuries. This is getting ridiculous!!!

3. With most likely another Top 10 draft pick, the bills need to draft a REAL franchise QB. While I like Fitz, he's not a franchise QB, and has his limitations.

4. The Bills need a real #1 WR. I like Stevie Johnson, but IMO, the Bills need a better option at the #1 WR position. Johnson would be a great #2 WR (had a great year last season as a #2 WR)

5. A dominating OLB that can generate a lot of pressure on the QB. Sanchez & Romo looked like Brady & Montana against the Bills.

6. CB's. I think Aaron Williams has potential, and I like George Wilson & Jairus Byrd, but the rest of the secondary sucks!!

7. A backup Center. I know Levitre is our best O-lineman, but that was asking too much of him to play every position on the line.

8. WR depth.

9. O-line depth

10. D-line depth

IMO, this is going to take another 2-3 years with Nix & Gailey's way of rebuilding.

None of this will ever happen under the current regime. Anyone in the world could have drafted Dareus and outside of that pick, they are clueless. How these idiots cannot learn from past mistakes is beyond me and the Spiller pick alone should have raised the biggest red flag to date.Anyone associated with this franchise for the last 10 years (and that includes Ownership)needs to be wiped out yesterday.

None of this will ever happen under the current regime. Anyone in the world could have drafted Dareus and outside of that pick, they are clueless. How these idiots cannot learn from past mistakes is beyond me and the Spiller pick alone should have raised the biggest red flag to date.Anyone associated with this franchise for the last 10 years (and that includes Ownership)needs to be wiped out yesterday.

The Spiller pick was a luxury pick, when the Bills were not at a time to draft for luxury. I'm giving Boss Hogg & Cooter one more year. If they can't get above 8-8 next year, then it's time to do a total spring cleaning on the management & coaches.

I think this is Ralph's last year as owner of the Bills. I know there's speculation that the Bills would be cheaper to sell if they have a losing a record. I honestly don't expect any management/coaching changes until a new owner is in place.

Even then, looking at the impact had by the guys drafted around him, you could say that they were all better picks for their team.

1. Fire George Edwards and put Dave Wannstedt in his place (don't know why this hasn't been done already)

The 'stache can take his place until the season is over, but if they make a move in the offseason getting rid of Edwards (which they probably will) I think they need to look outside instead of at the guy that was brought in to help the defence out this season

2. Fire the current strength & conditioning coaches. The Bills have been the most snake bitten club in regards to injuries. This is getting ridiculous!!!

Alot of these injuries are not due to Strength and Conditioning, they are typical injuries that happen to all teams, with some due to undersize players against bigger players

3. With most likely another Top 10 draft pick, the bills need to draft a REAL franchise QB. While I like Fitz, he's not a franchise QB, and has his limitations.

Ain't gonna happen, they just gave Fitz a $60 million 6 year deal. He is the QB of the present and future now

4. The Bills need a real #1 WR. I like Stevie Johnson, but IMO, the Bills need a better option at the #1 WR position. Johnson would be a great #2 WR (had a great year last season as a #2 WR)

Can't argue here

5. A dominating OLB that can generate a lot of pressure on the QB. Sanchez & Romo looked like Brady & Montana against the Bills.

Can't argue here either

6. CB's. I think Aaron Williams has potential, and I like George Wilson & Jairus Byrd, but the rest of the secondary sucks!!

Again, its hard to argue, although even Byrd and Wilson can be upgraded

7. A backup Center. I know Levitre is our best O-lineman, but that was asking too much of him to play every position on the line.

The key to a backup is going to be versatility, the backup C has to be able to backup other positions besides just C. They don't want a guy as a backup, taking up a roster spot only being able to backup the one position. They don't ever plan/expect to lose a player, but if/when they do, they want the guy coming in to be able to fill in at multiple spots. Urbik may be able to handle the C position as a backup, and with some practice, so can Levitre

8. WR depth.

9. O-line depth

10. D-line depth

As for the last 3, the Bills have depth, what they need is upgrade to their starting lineup

IMO, this is going to take another 2-3 years with Nix & Gailey's way of rebuilding.

The Spiller pick was a luxury pick, when the Bills were not at a time to draft for luxury. I'm giving Boss Hogg & Cooter one more year. If they can't get above 8-8 next year, then it's time to do a total spring cleaning on the management & coaches.

I think this is Ralph's last year as owner of the Bills. I know there's speculation that the Bills would be cheaper to sell if they have a losing a record. I honestly don't expect any management/coaching changes until a new owner is in place.

I like the nick names for Nix and Gailey

I can only hope this is true for the ownership issue. Sell the team Ralph to someone who wants to improve the team.

8. WR depth.

9. O-line depth

10. D-line depth

So I guess it might be more efficient to name the players they don't need to repleace or upgrade:

- Jackson, Johnson (as #2 on Depth chart) , Darius, Barnett, Levitre, Wood, Byrd, Kyle Williams, Wilson, Moorman, Chandler as one of 2 TE's. Sheppard gets honorable mention as he may be a solid starter by next year. Every other spot needs better players.

My side note is if they upgraded every other spot on O, Fitz could be retained, if not they need someone better there too.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

You know after reading all the posts here. I think we should look at things like this the old Tuna type scenrio. Let's say we have to make a meal for 10 people. Now this is a iron chef type meal but you can only spend 20 bucks on it what would you do? I think the management has dealt the coaches and the manager a pile of s*** and said make a fine meal out of it. They sliced and diced and pinched so many pennies they have what they have and that's all there is about it. Sign a few key players but the rest will suffer in the meantime. Not their fault and doing the best they can. Terry Pegula if you or family are reading this; PLEASE COME SAVE US AND BECOME AN ICON IN BUFFALO WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE BILLS AND SABRES!!!!!

....do you know anyone capable of preventing broken bones (Jones, Parrish) or torn tendons and ligaments (Wood, McGee, Chris White, Torbor)? What about guys that can prevent bone spurs aggravating the Achilles or just Achilles injuries in general (Merriman, K. Williams)? How about someone who can prevent heart ailments (Easley)?

Just saying. It's not like these guys are going on IR with muscle tears. There is literally no way to prevent broken bones, torn ligaments and tendons in a game as violent as this. What do you suggest? Telling them to drink more milk? :thumbsup:

....do you know anyone capable of preventing broken bones (Jones, Parrish) or torn tendons and ligaments (Wood, McGee, Chris White, Torbor)? What about guys that can prevent bone spurs aggravating the Achilles or just Achilles injuries in general (Merriman, K. Williams)? How about someone who can prevent heart ailments (Easley)?

Just saying. It's not like these guys are going on IR with muscle tears. There is literally no way to prevent broken bones, torn ligaments and tendons in a game as violent as this. What do you suggest? Telling them to drink more milk? :thumbsup:

All teams have them, but some teams have more depth than others. It really is that simple.

The Bills just need to quit drafting and picking up players that are in the mold of "Glass Joe". http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pqOBRLICPOk/Rv2O7R_K1JI/AAAAAAAABfY/gfN6Fj8Ds6I/s400/PunchOut_GlassJoeAbime.jpg

Why is it year after year, the Bills have the highest amount of players on IR? Coincidence or lack of a proper strength & conditioning program?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

The Bills just need to quit drafting and picking up players that are in the mold of "Glass Joe". http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pqOBRLICPOk/Rv2O7R_K1JI/AAAAAAAABfY/gfN6Fj8Ds6I/s400/PunchOut_GlassJoeAbime.jpg

Why is it year after year, the Bills have the highest amount of players on IR? Coincidence or lack of a proper strength & conditioning program?

Actually, I think the team that won that honor last season also won the greatest honor in the NFL, The Super Bowl.

I believe the Packers had way more players on IR then the Bills did last season

the reason for the Bills having alot of players on IR, Luck is one, the other is alot ot mediocre, and smaller players playing against larger, better players.

Edited by apuszczalowski

Actually, I think the team that won that honor last season also won the greatest honor in the NFL, The Super Bowl.

I believe the Packers had way more players on IR then the Bills did last season

the reason for the Bills having alot of players on IR, Luck is one, the other is alot ot mediocre, and smaller players playing against larger, better players.

I was exaggerating when I said every year, but besides last year, I think the Bills led the league in injured players 3 out of 4 years (mainly during the Jauron era).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

8. WR depth.

9. O-line depth

10. D-line depth

I had a car like the Bills once. Friend told me to jack up the radiator cap and drive a new car underneath it. I like the list but am very discouraged that there is so much to do still. :wallbash: