Any Car Mechanics in the house?

Frez

You need the diagnostic computer from the Chevy dealer if it is not the solenoid (which is as good as guess as any if indeed there is no leak), stealers are stealers for a reason. The age of fixing your own car was over 20 years ago.

I have access to a diagnostic computer and smoke machine but it's still not that easy. It gives you a code which I listed in my first post and you go from there. It makes it even harder when there is no visible leaks. If it was easy everyone would be doing it!

Thanks for your response!

I think there is a sensor in the filler tube. Try some fuel injector cleaner

I've never seen a sensor in any gas filler tube.

The 3rd most cause of an EVAP CODE is the fuel tank fill tube can rust through. Most times it will leak at the top near the fuel cap but I have seen them rust in other places.

I was able to inspect my daughters car on Thanksgiving. I took her gas cap off and looked closely at the filler tube. I noticed a good sized crack! When we smoked tested it it was hard to get a real good seal on the gas cap end of it with the rubber cap that was supplied with the smoke machine. So, it was very hard to tell if the filler tube at the top was smoking or not. It's a pretty good sized crack but I think I've found the culprit. I will pick up that part and swap it out this weekend. I never did install the purge solenoid because I now think after seeing the crack in the filler tube that the purge solenoid is not the issue.

Update....

I installed the filler tube on Friday and reset the check engine light. As of today the check engine light is still off! My fingers are crossed!

Ive never seen one either but the chevy dealer said there was when i had a similar issue. Who knows, good luck

Light is still off........I'd say it was the cracked gas filler tube 100%! Oh, and I fixed it myself without the STEALER getting into my pocket!

Yea baby!