Salary cap

Harveyj001

NBCprofootballtalk.com posted an article saying the Bills have 20.9 mil room to the cap. We haven't resigned anyone but Fitz, I know there is no requirement this year but we have money that may have given us the depth to survive these injuries or get a pass rusher. I am so fed up with losing! My wife is from Chicago, I may have to become a Bears fan...

barnett was a good signing. brad smith on the other hand i never understood. gadget player when we needed OL depth was very confusing to me. but as usual we will head into the offseason looking for OL/pass rusher/WR/DB and possibly QB

barnett was a good signing. brad smith on the other hand i never understood. gadget player when we needed OL depth was very confusing to me. but as usual we will head into the offseason looking for OL/pass rusher/WR/DB and possibly QB

They saved a great deal of money by allowing Poz and Whitner to leave and cutting Hangartner. Barnett was a bargain one-two year fix and Smith was overpaid but still his salary is not that significant. They basically got Barnett and Smith for what Whitner wanted(and didn't get).

Bills have put themselves in a bad cycle. They don't have playmakers to build around, so they really have to have capable players at practically every position to compete. Those players become free agents, and it's hard to justify paying them what the market will bear. When they let them leave....even though they aren't exceptional......it is a setback.