I'm no fan of NASCAR or the Obamas

/dev/null

Respect is earned, not a right.

And this wasn't a political event, it was a photo op.

It's hard to imagine what dumbass thought it would even REMOTELY be a good idea to send Michelle Obama and Joe Biden's wife to a NASCAR event, but I have even money that it's the same dumbass who keeps thinking it's a good idea to put Barack Obama on a baseball field to throw an opening pitch.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to imagine what dumbass thought it would even REMOTELY be a good idea to send Michelle Obama and Joe Biden's wife to a NASCAR event, but I have even money that it's the same dumbass who keeps thinking it's a good idea to put Barack Obama on a baseball field to throw an opening pitch.

Probably the SAME !@#$ who thought it was a good idea to prance Princess Nancy through a Tea Party event carrying a huge gavel to go vote on Obamacare.

Go stand it the corner :devil:

There IS no corner.

Thats the point.

DUH

This really is amazing....how could those NASCAR fans boo the wife of someone who implied that they are all a bunch of bitter gun totin religious whackos?

There IS no corner.

Thats the point.

DUH

This really is amazing....how could those NASCAR fans boo the wife of someone who implied that they are all a bunch of bitter gun totin religious whackos?

Do you know what else doesn't have any corners? A NASCAR track. This may go deeper than any of us imagined...

I don't have any respect for drivers who can only turn left when driving at extremely high speeds.

Reading comprehension problems? I said I had respect for the Oval Track not the person people. Now if the person could learn to turn to the right I might respect him.

Hmmmmm.... go away now.....

You want to question my respect for the OFFICE of POTUS!!! I'll be da**ed if the person holding that office deserves my respect. I, as an individual, holds more respect for that office than you will ever imagine, and would, without hesitation, throw myself in harms way to protect that office, and the person currently holding it.

But that does not mean for one SECOND, that I have to follow lock step with the PRINCIPLES of that person!!!

It sucks actually that I hold more respect for that office than the one who holds it!!!

How does affording the First Lady a modicum of respect equate to following 'lock step' with her principles....or anyone else's for that matter? My 2 pennies are that she is the wife of the President....and quiet applause or merely being silent are reasonable alternatives to booing the heck out of her. You're welcome to your opinion. I just don't agree with it. I guess since I don't agree with you I 'have to go away now.' :wacko:

As for some other comments about what it means to respect the office: It means when your kids ask questions about the President you explain to them why you agree or disagree with them.....rather than say he's an a@@hole or treat him like a 'god.' It means you tell them to be respectful but that it's ok to disagree...even passionately. For the record, I thought Joe Wilson was right/accurate when he shouted during Obama's address....but it was also classless and lacking respect for the Presidency.

I never said I respected "Barry" the man....but he is mine and your President. I think that counts for something. I'd never support him politically but I can still be courteous to the elected leader of the country I live in. Take it a step further...don't most people deserve respect even if you can't stand them? I think you can be filled with fire about issues and still not 'hate' people. Booing the First Lady is a cheap shot in my view but I suspect I'll lose this argument here.

There is no "office" of First Lady. Whether its Michelle, or Laura, or any wife, no one voted for them. Now if you want to argue that no one should have booed because you should be courteous to a woman, then maybe I could agree. But they were there for political reasons and they took their chances as far as any reaction they recieved.

You know, maybe it's me, but booing Michelle Obama just doesn't outrage me as much as people rioting and destroying property (aka #OWS)................................and now comes this tremendous "outrage" from the left all across the blogsphere, I probably wouldn't have booed FLOTUS but I will not be lectured about civility by people who support #OWS. Not gonna happen.

If you're talking about me in terms of 'leftist' outrage you couldn't be more wrong. Just sayin....

And yes...the OWS crap is ridiculous.

I never said I respected "Barry" the man....but he is mine and your President. I think that counts for something. I'd never support him politically but I can still be courteous to the elected leader of the country I live in. Take it a step further...don't most people deserve respect even if you can't stand them? I think you can be filled with fire about issues and still not 'hate' people. Booing the First Lady is a cheap shot in my view but I suspect I'll lose this argument here.

I don't wholly disagree but I take issue with a few details:

1. I think all people deserve courtesy until they prove otherwise; respect has to be earned.

2. Usually it would be rude to boo a first lady, but Michelle isn't a typical first lady. She's extremely condescending to the general population & the response was more a product of her repellent personality than policy opinions or party affiliation.

3. I understand the value of maintaining a modicum of civility regarding the Presidency, I just don't get why we're supposed to have this deep respect for what's generally supposed to be an administrative position. This isn't specifically directed at you, but it's related & comes up a lot.

I don't wholly disagree but I take issue with a few details:

1. I think all people deserve courtesy until they prove otherwise; respect has to be earned.

2. Usually it would be rude to boo a first lady, but Michelle isn't a typical first lady. She's extremely condescending to the general population & the response was more a product of her repellent personality than policy opinions or party affiliation.

3. I understand the value of maintaining a modicum of civility regarding the Presidency, I just don't get why we're supposed to have this deep respect for what's generally supposed to be an administrative position. This isn't specifically directed at you, but it's related & comes up a lot.

She took the gloves off with the never proud to be American remark. Want to bare knuckle fight, don't cry when you get a split lip.

I think everyone deserves a chance. I gave Barry that (I voted for him, unfortunately) and now after seeing what he's done, I don't respect him anymore. That being said, I didn't respect Dubya either.

If you're talking about me in terms of 'leftist' outrage you couldn't be more wrong. Just sayin....

And yes...the OWS crap is ridiculous.

I wasnt..............I thought that I wrote it pretty clearly.

I was talking about the "outrage" about the booing in the left blogsphere, you know, Kos, HuffPo, DU.........

they have NO standing to lecture anyone on civility.