L.B. change needed

I think we need to go back to the starting line-up minus Kyle of course at nose. We stuffed McFadden and Charles in our first few games with Davis in there. Sheppard is getting knocked around and playing out of position on plays. Not what alot want to here ,but it is true. Howabout giving Morrison a shot somewhere also . What we have now is not working at all so what could it hurt. Sheppard was Buddy and Chans pick so you knew he was gonna get a sniff soon. Time to Nut -Up Bills .

maybe im missing something but from what I have seen from Shep has not been terrible at all...hes looked pretty good at shedding blocks and getting into plays, if anything from him that would worry me is "arm tackling"

and no way does this team need to go back to Davis, Davis is the one who gets man handled on blocks, is too slow to get to the ball and consistently misreads run/pass plays...no thanks

Its not the ILB's that are the problem....it is the OLB's......

As true as possible. The Bills have guys playing out of position at OLB (Kelsay, Carrington) guys not up to par at OLB (Batten, but he's pretty fresh) and guys regressing because of coaching indecision at OLB (Moats). What they don't have are true OLB's. That has to be the no. 1 priority in the draft and FA next offseason. WR and CB are high priorities, but pressure on the Qb invariably helps with the CB needs and strong WR's will be available in later rounds and FA.

As for this season, we have what we have. There are no quick fixes, but if the front office doesn't learn from the mistake of having George Edwards as the DC, then I won't hold up much hope for the defense to look any better for next year. Over his head? That's an understatement!

ILB is not an issue. There four are big problems and all four need to be addressed equally. Def. Coord., NT, and both OLBs. Edwards is gonna get fired. But that's bad cuz Wanny will take over at DC. He only knows the 4-3 and will want to switch back to the 4-3. THe Bills are a NT and 2 OLBs from being a real 3-4, but at least one DE and 4 olbs (inc. depth) from being a 4-3. Also, Wanny is a lot of siszle and no steak. He ain't done squat since his days in Dallas when Jimmy was really the defacto DC. Every where he's gone since then starts out good the first year and then goes into decline. He was a 40-56 bum in Chicago, and .575 winning pct. as Dolphins HC and Univ. of Pitt. So, he's definitely not the answer.

Kyle Williams is not a nose tackle and cannot make it through a full NFL season if he's played there. The Bills only option is to play him at DE and give him maybe 10 plays at NT in passing situations. Batten is essentially a rookie with no LB experience. He was a DE in college and struggles in coverage. He gets a free pass because not only was he injured early in training camp and missed the season, he hasn't had the benefit of any offseason conditioning,coaching, or minicamps. Kelsay can play the run, but he couldn't even cover a tackle running a pass pattern, and he's marginal as an edge rusher as well. Johnson and Carrington cannot play OLB and Merriman is finished. Moats has not been able to make that next step forward. It's difficult to put the blame on him when he's got a DC that's clueless and no comittment to either the 3-4 or the 4-3... they just play this hybrid crap and flip back and forth play by play. WTF?

The Bills secondary is OK as long as McGee is healthy. Brian Scott is the only player in the last year of a contract. So, the Bills better take OLBs, and NT with 4 of their first 5 picks... the other pick must be a premier LT.

<br />ILB is not an issue.  There four are big problems and all four need to be addressed equally.  Def. Coord., NT, and both OLBs.  Edwards is gonna get fired.  But that's bad cuz Wanny will take over at DC.  He only knows the 4-3 and will want to switch back to the 4-3.  THe Bills are a NT and 2 OLBs from being a real 3-4, but at least one DE and 4 olbs (inc. depth) from being a 4-3.  Also, Wanny is a lot of siszle and no steak.  He ain't done squat since his days in Dallas when Jimmy was really the defacto DC. Every where he's gone since then starts out good the first year and then goes into decline.  He was a 40-56 bum in Chicago, and .575 winning pct. as Dolphins HC and Univ. of Pitt.  So, he's definitely not the answer.<br /><br />Kyle Williams is not a nose tackle and cannot make it through a full NFL season if he's played there.  The Bills only option is to play him at DE and give him maybe 10 plays at NT in passing situations.  Batten is essentially a rookie with no LB experience.  He was a DE in college and struggles in coverage.  He gets a free pass because not only was he injured early in training camp and missed the season, he hasn't had the benefit of any offseason conditioning,coaching, or minicamps. Kelsay can play the run, but he couldn't even cover a tackle running a pass pattern, and he's marginal as an edge rusher as well. Johnson and Carrington cannot play OLB and Merriman is finished.  Moats has not been able to make that next step forward.  It's difficult to put the blame on him when he's got a DC that's clueless and no comittment to either the 3-4 or the 4-3... they just play this hybrid crap and flip back and forth play by play. WTF?<br /><br />The Bills secondary is OK as long as McGee is healthy.  Brian Scott is the only player in the last year of a contract.  So, the Bills better take OLBs, and NT with 4 of their first 5 picks... the other pick must be a premier LT.<br />

We need a Wr too. Think what you want, but our talent level is way below average. Nelson and Stevie are ok. Naaman and jones are eh. Easley....well I don't consider him an option anymore. I wish him luck, but it's doubtful he'll ever become a player in my mind.

THe Bills are a NT and 2 OLBs from being a real 3-4, but at least one DE and 4 olbs (inc. depth) from being a 4-3.

Kyle Williams is not a nose tackle and cannot make it through a full NFL season if he's played there.....

the Bills better take OLBs, and NT with 4 of their first 5 picks... the other pick must be a premier LT.

3 trooths, Doctor! I think we take care of the OLB34 problem first round next year, and maybe again in RD3 with

or Andre Branch. In between in RD2 we have a dilemma, with talent at other positions being there. DraftTek's simulator would have these guys there at our RD2 pick:

Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

Stephen Hill WRF Georgia Tech

Jeff Fuller WRF Texas A&M

Montee Ball RBF Wisconsin

Robert Lester FS Alabama

Jerel Worthy DT43 Michigan State

Don'ta Hightower ILB Alabama

Travis Lewis OLB43 Oklahoma

Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M

Dontari Poe NT Memphis

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

Donte Paige-Moss DE43 North Carolina

Coby Fleener TE Stanford

Andrew Datko OT Florida State

I like Dontari Poe, a true DT34 in RD2 who was named to ESPN's Strongest College Football Players top 10. (Kendall Reyes could be there, but he is too light--another Kyle Williams in build)

3 trooths, Doctor! I think we take care of the OLB34 problem first round next year, and maybe again in RD3 with

or Andre Branch. In between in RD2 we have a dilemma, with talent at other positions being there. DraftTek's simulator would have these guys there at our RD2 pick:

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

Robert Lester FS Alabama

Dontari Poe NT Memphis

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Coby Fleener TE Stanford

I like Dontari Poe, a true DT34 in RD2 who was named to ESPN's Strongest College Football Players top 10. (Kendall Reyes could be there, but he is too light--another Kyle Williams in build)

Poe would be my call as well. i like a number of those players (Paige Moss and Travis lewis at the front of that list), but Poe is a man beast. We could really use one of those. Still want to kick someone for passing on Mt Cody!

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

Robert Lester FS Alabama

Dontari Poe NT Memphis

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Coby Fleener TE Stanford

if we took OLB (like Upshaw) in the first round, and went with another OLB in the 3rd round....2nd round pick of Jeff Fuller would make me very happy, obviously we need some CBs too (what are the 4th round projections there if you get a minute)...and if we went with Poe there, what do you propose we do with Kyle Williams..move him to DE in 3-4, so our front three would look like Williams-Poe-Dareus??

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

Robert Lester FS Alabama

Dontari Poe NT Memphis

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Coby Fleener TE Stanford

Lucky, this dilemma is entirely made up, as we are weeks away from knowing our pick # and months from these guys slotting out!

Could be just about anyone in the top 150 ranked players

Kelsay is back ...Merrimen had one leg. Everyone was crying for Moats. Well he`s here with Kelsay . We are back ?

Actually, he had one shoulder. His leg took a few weeks to catch up to him. Kelsay and Merriman were doing ok.

Moats is not the answer. Not even close.

GO BILLS!!!

This is the dumbest post yet......Kyle is the only thing missing from the "glory weeks"?... How about merriman and Kelsey...not pass rushers, but held the edges...by the way, Davis wasn't very prominent on any good plays in the first few weeks, he got destroyed every time he was on the field...are you his agent or something? Or am I watching a different team?