What would you do?

plenzmd1

So the gu on the right side of me has two huge oaks that sit about 10 feet from my property line in the front yard. The way the wind blows, 905 of the leaves end up on my yard..and I mean a chit load of leaves. Guy who lived there before would always come out and halp me blow/bag them..but this guy moved in 4 years sgo and deos not help at all. We have talked half jokingly about how all his leaves end up in my yard, and prolly takes me a good 6 hrs to get them all cleaned up. I have even went so far as to say the guy who lived there before always helped.

I am really thinking of just blowing them back in his yard..fug em. Wind blew them in my yard, wind can blow em back!!!

What say you???

just get out there and cut down his trees, problem solved

but really, I have very similar situation, just moved into house this summer, no trees on my property, but everyone elses trees leaves end up in my yard...but im just lazy and im not going to rake them up

So the gu on the right side of me has two huge oaks that sit about 10 feet from my property line in the front yard. The way the wind blows, 905 of the leaves end up on my yard..and I mean a chit load of leaves. Guy who lived there before would always come out and halp me blow/bag them..but this guy moved in 4 years sgo and deos not help at all. We have talked half jokingly about how all his leaves end up in my yard, and prolly takes me a good 6 hrs to get them all cleaned up. I have even went so far as to say the guy who lived there before always helped.

I am really thinking of just blowing them back in his yard..fug em. Wind blew them in my yard, wind can blow em back!!!

What say you???

How much of the 6 hours did you spend counting every leaf?

Edit: Damn, Pooj beat me to it.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

just get out there and cut down his trees, problem solved

but really, I have very similar situation, just moved into house this summer, no trees on my property, but everyone elses trees leaves end up in my yard...but im just lazy and im not going to rake them up

You may joke but a number of years ago the nieghbor's trees were blocking the late afternoon sun at my brother's pool. So he trimmed the trees back. Problem solved. Oh, my brother used to drink a lot back then.

U seem pretty lazy...6 hours to get rid of 905 leaves? They'd probably all fit in a gallon size freezer bag!

How much of the 6 hours did you spend counting every leaf?

Edit: Damn, Pooj beat me to it.

If he was smart, he didn't need to count them. You take a sample size, say 50 leaves, weigh them, then weigh all the leaves together to compute your total number of leaves.

What say you???

I say this. Does the tree give any shade during ths summer? Are any tree limbs hanging over your property line? Is he fat? Are you fat? Is his wife hot?

If he was smart, he didn't need to count them. You take a sample size, say 50 leaves, weigh them, then weigh all the leaves together to compute your total number of leaves.

Sure, you could get a pretty good estimate that way, maybe +/- 10 leaves. To get the exact number, you gotta put the effort in.

When the wind is blowing in his direction light the pile of leaves on fire. When he complains about the smoke tell him this is how you dispose of leaves on your property when the volume is this heavy. The time and costs of bagging is too much.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Guess I really should proof read before posting :doh: . And I am telling you fellas, these trees are at least 75 ft tall..and have a LOT of leaves..a slight bit more than 905 LOL.

So here is my plan..going to the Richmond -Vs-.William&Mary game at noon.For those of you not steeped in small school Virginia history..this is the Yale-Harvard of Central VA. Tailgate start at 10..so by time i get home at 3.30 i should have the liquid courage to start the blowing process.

Will update tomorrow to see what happens