PFW - The Bills' cornerback woes

dave mcbride

Brandon Jenkins to the Bills at RD1#18, Michael Floyd to the Bears at #19.

I'd still take Jenkins given our OLB needs PLUS the availability of good WR's through RD6.

1 18 Buffalo Brandon Jenkins OLB34 Florida State P1

1 19 Chicago Michael Floyd WRF Notre Dame P2

Thanks!

I was referring to Floyd...But Jenkins would fit as well... B-)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my choice of the CB's vs pass rushers in RD#1 and 2, I'd pick the pass rusher in RD#1...if his name is Courtney Upshaw (read what I said about him when the DraftTek computer picked him for us) or Brandon Jenkins.

I'm not big on measurables, especially before the combine reveals all the inaccuracies in height and weight.

That said, it looks like Upshaw has an interesting build… kind of similar to Dwight Freeney and Brandon Graham. I'm looking forward to seeing the video on him. Some pass rushers play with athleticism and length while others use power and leverage.

As for Jenkins, he plays at Florida State? Cue all the "Florida State pass rushers bust in the NFL" guys.

Wait for WR in this draft...it's deep. I think there are some gems like Stevie was. Who knows where they'll end up by April but I like these 7 guys if they end up RD3 or later:

AJ Jenkins, Illinois

Kendall Wright, Baylor

Chris Owusu, Stanford

Tavon Austin, WVU

Jermaine Kearse, Washington

Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas

Jarrett Boykin, VaTech

While reading through the archival Von Miller stuff yesterday, I stumbled on the Jeff Fuller (WR) comments about how he played so well against Patrick Peterson.

Fuller sounded like an awesome wideout prospect.

Is he having a bad senior season?

Wade is a hall of fame defensive coordinator, and he isn't working with LBs that I can't even name. I don't care if we go offense or defense- we need playmakers, cause there isn't a single one on the team!

Wade is an excellent DC and unfortunately I'm forced to be negatively critical of the Bills defensive coaching yet again this season.

It has to be remembered though that the Texans signed an All-Pro cornerback in Jonathan Joseph, an above-average free agent safety in Danieal Manning, and already had tons of good incumbent talent in Mario Williams (since injured), Brian Cushing, Shaun Cody, Antonio Smith, Connor Barwin and DeMeco Ryans as well as rookie stars J.J. Watt and Brooks Reed at the top of their draft.

The Houston defense is much more talented than Buffalo's is… by a factor of 2 or 3.

Wade is an excellent DC and unfortunately I'm forced to be negatively critical of the Bills defensive coaching yet again this season.

It has to be remembered though that the Texans signed an All-Pro cornerback in Jonathan Joseph, an above-average free agent safety in Danieal Manning, and already had tons of good incumbent talent in Mario Williams (since injured), Brian Cushing, Shaun Cody, Antonio Smith, Connor Barwin and DeMeco Ryans as well as rookie stars J.J. Watt and Brooks Reed at the top of their draft.

The Houston defense is much more talented than Buffalo's is… by a factor of 2 or 3.

All true...

And I never expected The Bills to be a Top 10 Defense in 2011 anyway...But it's hard for me to believe they are so talent poor that they can't be Top 20...Unless the talent gap is specifically Coaching...I think that's where we have the least amount of talent on Defense...In fact I don't think we have any Defensive Coaching talent at all... B-)

when we are officially out of playoff contention we should see Aaron Williams lined up more on the outside.

Well...

If that happens, and Williams follows the rest of these Defensive youngsters in terms of development (or lack thereof), it should be just enough to wreck his confidence for next year... ;)

All true...

And I never expected The Bills to be a Top 10 Defense in 2011 anyway...But it's hard for me to believe they are so talent poor that they can't be Top 20...Unless the talent gap is specifically Coaching...I think that's where we have the least amount of talent on Defense...In fact I don't think we have any Defensive Coaching talent at all... B-)

There is no corner I'd want to put on the other team's top WR with the game on the line, or no pass rusher I'd look to free up with the game on the line. The talent level is a job, but unfortunately, nobody is laughing. When healthy, we don't have a WR that scares anyone- I do get scared when we threw to Parrish- the little guy might get hurt!