Should we use the Option against the Jets in two weeks?

I'm not talking about employing the option like Denver has or even using it every week. However we are one of the few teams that could potentially have this a part of their playbook, I think we should try a few plays against the Jets in two weeks. We have the personnel to run it effectively IMO with Brad Smith and Spiller. We were totally inept against their vaunted defense and I would try anything at this point especially if we have no answer for their press coverage and Fitzy can't get that ball intermediately down field.

We are all dying for Smith and Spiller to get more involved in the offense. Perhaps?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The option offense is stupid. It's the next wild cat. It will run like wildfire for half a season everyone will try it and then someone will figure out how to stop it.

Know how you beat the Jets? you run the ball down their damn throats and don't throw away from Revis.

The option offense is stupid. It's the next wild cat. It will run like wildfire for half a season everyone will try it and then someone will figure out how to stop it.

Know how you beat the Jets? you run the ball down their damn throats and don't throw away from Revis.

They played a lot of nickle, dime etc against us. We were unable to pound the ball. The Patriots a week ago, when the Jets went heavy on the CB's, Brady audibled to the run and they ran the ball successfully. We were unable to do that. We had no answers which was concerning to me.

I like the idea in another thread here about using bunch, stacking formations in the passing game as opposed to the spread which we have been running mostly out of shotgun.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I don't think the option was the reason the Broncos won. It had more to do with the Denver defense holding the Jets to 13 points. If you only score 13 points, it's hard to win in the NFL. The Jets offense stinks because they have a bad QB. We have a good QB. A better options would be to figure out how to stop those guys from scoring more than 20. Denver's defense is ranked #18. Fish have the #20 defense. Let's see how we do against them.

I'm not worried about our offense, only our defense.

want to score on the jets? run to the outside, not up the middle

it's almost like our coaches didn't watch any tape on them before the game..they kept running fred up the gut

and run it preferably towards cromartie's side...he doesn't try to hard to tackle big runners...noticed it before, and even tonight on tebow's final TD run...watch cromartie, he's not putting in any effort to get to him at all

I got no problem with the Bills trying the option. If we use a gimmic offense to win three games (and then everybody figures it out) and then use a different one to win three games (and then everyone figures it out) and ..........

The rules change. The types and expereince of the players coming out of college change. Different things are going to work at different times. Teams work to gather and teach their defenses to play a certain way and draft players for those positions. If you change the offense, they no longer match and are playing at a disadvantage. Does anyone have a problem with that if the Bills are the ones with the advantage?

Also, play action to your tight end up the middle. If they focus on Nelson like they did last game, Chandler's got to step up and beat the Jet's safeties up the middle. Once we get this working a bit, then just keep pounding them in the middle.

I'm not talking about employing the option like Denver has or even using it every week. However we are one of the few teams that could potentially have this a part of their playbook, I think we should try a few plays against the Jets in two weeks. We have the personnel to run it effectively IMO with Brad Smith and Spiller. We were totally inept against their vaunted defense and I would try anything at this point especially if we have no answer for their press coverage and Fitzy can't get that ball intermediately down field.

We are all dying for Smith and Spiller to get more involved in the offense. Perhaps?

Denver won because their defense is really good.

If Gailey really wants to be creative he'd use a tandem backfield with Spiller and Jackson, Nelson at TE with Johnson and Smith as the wideouts.

Much of the time, have Smith come in motion and behind the backfield after the snap and you suddenly have three very good runners the defense must account for. The LBs would have no idea who to key on. You can then play action off this to Johnson, Nelson or Spiller coming out of the backfield.

Right now, the Bills offense has come down to two plays...Jackson up the middle or a quick slant pass. I'm angry at Gailey for these last two weeks. It's not about injuries, it's about the lack of game planning.

Right now, the Bills offense has come down to two plays...Jackson up the middle or a quick slant pass. I'm angry at Gailey for these last two weeks. It's not about injuries, it's about the lack of game planning.

I guess you missed the bomb to Spiller when he tripped over his own feet, or the long throws to Steve Johnson on the sideline one resulting in PI, or the over thrown bomb to Donald Jones? Or the 2 screens that the cowboys totally sniffed out and stopped.

The problem has been too many mistakes on plays that are there but just not made.

But really, if the defense is going to give up 37 points and the offense 7, it really doesn't matter.