Western New York Unemployment Rate

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article502035.ece

Western New York's unemployment rate rose slightly to 7.7 percent in June as more seasonal workers moved into the region's slowly strengthening job market....the local jobless rate was below the statewide unemployment rate of 8 percent and far less than the seasonally unadjusted national rate of 9.3 percent.

For the Buffalo Niagara region, this June's level is the lowest June unemployment rate in three years. It is 0.4 percentage points lower than last year and 1 percentage point lower than June unemployment in 2009.

Well Done Western New York :thumbsup:

Of course, it's not due to policies that create jobs, as much as policies that drive people out of the region to find jobs.

Of course, you're completely incapable of understanding that.

Policies?? What policies? Government makes policies so I guess no matter what everything is governments fault?

It snowed tonight, bad government!

Policies?? What policies? Government makes policies so I guess no matter what everything is governments fault?

It snowed tonight, bad government!

High property taxes, high business taxes, Albany shipping power from OUR Power Project downstate at a premium while charging us market price, a perpetually failing government that can't contain it's spending or pass a budget on time. I think that is what he's talking about.

High property taxes, high business taxes, Albany shipping power from OUR Power Project downstate at a premium while charging us market price, a perpetually failing government that can't contain it's spending or pass a budget on time. I think that is what he's talking about.

So the rest of the country with it's lower taxes and higher unemployment is better off? :blink:

So the rest of the country with it's lower taxes and higher unemployment is better off? :blink:

The rest of the country that hasn't missed every economic upturn in the last 30 years and has seen a net increase in population because of lower taxes and business growth, yes. Those places have higher unemployment because of industry that ALREADY LEFT WNY YEARS AGO. Better unemployment numbers for 6 months does not supersede 30 years of economic decay.

Edited by Buff_bills4ever

Yeah, because the national average rate of unemployment means every other town and city in the United States has higher unemployment than WNY. That's what that statistic means literal Dave.