Finally the Debate is Settled!!!!

ajzepp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was promoted in season 3 from Commander to Captain.

NEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

And the only reason I say that, is because you beat me to the answer :P

The series was so bad by the middle of season 3 it was nearly unwatchable.

You're dead to me :angry:

What kind of captain would have a klingon on the bridge ?

clearly Kirk > Picard

Kirk fought Klingons. Picard has Klingons do his bidding. Ergo Picard > Kirk

Kirk fought Klingons. Picard has Klingons do his bidding. Ergo Picard > Kirk

Amen! The only Klingons Picard ever defeated were the ones stuck to his butt hair!

Kirk rules!

Yeah, but he was only half Klingon so he was a wuss.

Well if you want to go down that road, the Klingons that Kirk fought weren't even real Klingons. They were Klingon Augments

Picard was assimilated. Kirk FTW

Then was disconnected from The Collective and survived, something few humanoids ever did.

And then he kicked their ass a few times afterwards

Well if you want to go down that road, the Klingons that Kirk fought weren't even real Klingons. They were Klingon Augments

I had a feeling that would come up. The movie Klingons were the real deal though. What Picard really needed though was a Moby Dick quoting arch nemesis to feud with. The only thing I can really think of for him was some wise cracking rip off of Mr. Mxyzptlk from the superman universe.

Then was disconnected from The Collective and survived, something few humanoids ever did.

And then he kicked their ass a few times afterwards

How about staying connected to the collective and then single-handedly taking it down from the inside?

Edited by shrader

How about staying connected to the collective and then single-handedly taking it down from the inside?

Kirk did this?

Anyway Kirk has his good traits. He b@nged a lot of chicks and played by his own rules. The guy would definitely be cool to hang out with and drink some beers.

However if I am in Starfleet and heading into a starship battle I want someone a lot more sophisticated and intelligent as the captain of the ship I am on. Someone who has continuously proven to be a true leader and superior tactical commander to everyone he has faced.

That guy is Picard.

Kirk did this?

Anyway Kirk has his good traits. He b@nged a lot of chicks and played by his own rules. The guy would definitely be cool to hang out with and drink some beers.

However if I am in Starfleet and heading into a starship battle I want someone a lot more sophisticated and intelligent as the captain of the ship I am on. Someone who has continuously proven to be a true leader and superior tactical commander to everyone he has faced.

So, while we cringe at the thought of using keystone correction, it's not going to do something drastic

That guy is PicardNumba One...because Picard was curled up in the fetal position between Data's legs.

Fixed

Edited by ajzepp

Fixed

Picard definitely had his supporters. It took a good team to be such an elite Starfleet crew and Riker contributed a lot without a doubt.

However Picard could handle things on his own when he needed to.

Kirk on the other hand had the intelligence of Bluto Blutarsky. Without Spock he would have been lost, likely off somewhere trying to defend Pearl Harbor from being bombed by the Germans.

Picard definitely had his supporters. It took a good team to be such an elite Starfleet crew and Riker contributed a lot without a doubt.

However Picard could handle things on his own when he needed to.

Kirk on the other hand had the intelligence of Bluto Blutarsky. Without Spock he would have been lost, likely off somewhere trying to defend Pearl Harbor from being bombed by the Germans.

Bluto Blutarsky, eh? I've got two words for ya...

no, not THOSE two words...

Kobayashi Maru!!!!! :nana:

The series was so bad by the middle of season 3 it was nearly unwatchable.

That's really because everyone know it was DOA, and mailed it in. Roddenberry, in particular, stopped caring, since he knew the network was actively trying to kill it.

The last four episodes were execrable. Although personally, I always thought season 2's "The Apple" is the real low point.

The debate is on! So take off those glasses and stow your retainers cause its going to get ugly in here. The loser will hereby be banned from all Sci-Fi Cons, including the exclusive Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con. The winner will be bestowed the title of, and forever be known at TBD as, Honorary Captain of the Enterprise and certainly die a virgin. Good luck!