Finally the Debate is Settled!!!!

ajzepp

Okay, okay...that probably won't be settled...but I had to let you guys know about this since I haven't seen it discussed yet.

I was reading my usual DVD Picks and Peeks by Harry Knowles on AICN.com, and one of the things I found mentioned was the new documentary The Captains. It's directed by Shatner (of course...the logical choice) and the great news is that it's available on NETFLIX streaming!

I'm about to sit down right now and check it out...If anyone else has seen it, or plans to, chime in and share your thoughts!

And just for the record...Kirk > Picard.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, okay...that probably won't be settled...but I had to let you guys know about this since I haven't seen it discussed yet.

I was reading my usual DVD Picks and Peeks by Harry Knowles on AICN.com, and one of the things I found mentioned was the new documentary The Captains. It's directed by Shatner (of course...the logical choice) and the great news is that it's available on NETFLIX streaming!

I'm about to sit down right now and check it out...If anyone else has seen it, or plans to, chime in and share your thoughts!

Thanks for the info. I will definitely check it out.

By the way your logical statement above is wacko.

Picard was much better, it isn't even close.

I would even say T.J. Hooker > Kirk :devil:

I plan to...saw it on Netflix last week, and read about it on Shatner's Google+ stream earlier this week.

Shatner directs like he acts (Very. Choppy. And EMPHASIZED. With lots of...inexplicable...PAUSES!) But knowing in part what this is based off of (a convention appearance by Shatner, Stewart, and whoever it was that played Cisco and Janeway), it should be interesting.

I can't even believe this is a question:

Trivia for fellow nerds: the above clip is from the very last aired episode of the original Star Trek series, "Turnabout Intruder"

Trek Captain rankings:

Kirk

Sisko

Picard

The others suck!

Edited by Buftex

youtube.com/watch?v=RAvRBDQqSmY&feature=related

Trivia for fellow nerds: the above clip is from the very last aired episode of the original Star Trek series, "Turnabout Intruder"

Not only did I know the episode, I knew the scene before I played the clip.

God, my youth was completely wasted.

youtube.com/watch?v=RAvRBDQqSmY&feature=related

The series was so bad by the middle of season 3 it was nearly unwatchable.