Twilight

Clippers of Nfl

If you're going to do that, watch the original - Let the Right One In.

EDIT: Whoops, this is already being discussed. I didn't watch the remake because they usually suck, but since you gave it a positive review I might check it out.

As to the topic - my wife loves reading. She read all of the Twilight books, but her exact words were, "I don't like any of the characters... But I can't explain why I want to keep reading them." :unsure:

That sounds like the female equivalent to "I only read Playboy for the articles, honey." ;)

I agree about Let the Right One In. I enjoyed the remake, but the first film was superior, IMO. The ending of that, as Mark pointed out, was done much more effectively.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to do that, watch the original - Let the Right One In.

EDIT: Whoops, this is already being discussed. I didn't watch the remake because they usually suck, but since you gave it a positive review I might check it out.

As to the topic - my wife loves reading. She read all of the Twilight books, but her exact words were, "I don't like any of the characters... But I can't explain why I want to keep reading them." :unsure:

That's the way I felt about the books/movies too. :lol:

YOu know it, brother!! :devil:

OH, and for the record, I used to lump Harry Potter in with this Twilight crap. But I have no problem admitting that, although I really didn't get into the earlier Potter films, these last two Deathly Hallows movies were very good. Even not knowing all the details and names and such, I was able to follow the last two just fine and found myself really enjoying the ride. I've seen the first two Twilight films and those movies SUCK compared to Potter.

Harry Potter films got progressively MUCH better as they went along. Twilight has and always will be terrible.

It's tempting to lump them together because of the supernatural nature of the stories. But Twilight (the books) are just trashy romance novels (nothing wrong with that) whereas the Potter books are going to be read by kids for the next 100 years easy.

It's night and day the difference between these two book series AND films. What they did with the movies is absolutely incredible. A bigger accomplishment than Lord of the Rings in terms of scope and depth.

But that's me

It's tempting to lump them together because of the supernatural nature of the stories. But Twilight (the books) are just trashy romance novels (nothing wrong with that) whereas the Potter books are going to be read by kids for the next 100 years easy.

It's night and day the difference between these two book series AND films. What they did with the movies is absolutely incredible. A bigger accomplishment than Lord of the Rings in terms of scope and depth.

But that's me

Definitely. I'm sure I didn't give the POtter films/franchise enough credit until recently. I was really surprised how engaged I was by the last two films in particular. Some of the special effects were out of this world. In Deathly Hallows pt2, there was this huge Ogre guy...must have been like 50' tall, swinging this huge hammer around when Voldemort's folks attacked Hogwarts. Dude was just wipin' people out left and right, and the whole thing did NOT look CGI. I was very impressed.

Definitely. I'm sure I didn't give the POtter films/franchise enough credit until recently. I was really surprised how engaged I was by the last two films in particular. Some of the special effects were out of this world. In Deathly Hallows pt2, there was this huge Ogre guy...must have been like 50' tall, swinging this huge hammer around when Voldemort's folks attacked Hogwarts. Dude was just wipin' people out left and right, and the whole thing did NOT look CGI. I was very impressed.

Just bought the entire series of movies for $30 at Walmart. Special offer for the release of DH Part 2. Each movie's $4 a piece.

I have yet to see DH Part 2. I'm waiting until Black Friday when I can pick it up at a discount.

Fixed.:D

My bad :D

Just bought the entire series of movies for $30 at Walmart. Special offer for the release of DH Part 2. Each movie's $4 a piece.

I have yet to see DH Part 2. I'm waiting until Black Friday when I can pick it up at a discount.

Nice deal! You'll enjoy DH2...was my favorite of the series by far.

Im probably the most lovey dovey guy on this board. I dont mind admitting it. Love the wife. Love the woman in general. Bla bla. Ive said it many times before. What is it about this story or dudes that EVEN ADULT women love the movie series?

I could understand the teens. I was trapped into going to see part 3 at the theater ON OPENING night. omg, there was like 60% teen girls. 30% ADULT WOMEN and 10% men (paired with 20% of the WOMEN)

I know clients and ADULT women that are crazy over this series.

Its a high school love story to ME. What the hell? My wife likes it too. All she says, "i love, love movies" Bull.

Who cant understand the obsession? Who can relate to me? Or who wants to talk smack?

ps. everytime some dude would take off a shirt the audience was like "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh" i felt like a kid. i felt out of place. i cant believe my wife didnt feel like that (and no she wasnt screaming ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, at least she didnt do that)

My wife went to the midnight showing last night with some of her friends - I don't mind because it means I have a free pass to go see Judas Priest this weekend with some buddies.

Anyway, Huffington Post had a good explanation about grown women and Twilight:

Link to Story

But that's me

My daughter was there for the premier to support one of the actors who is in the movie....both managed by the same manager.

My wife went to the midnight showing last night with some of her friends - I don't mind because it means I have a free pass to go see Judas Priest this weekend with some buddies.

Anyway, Huffington Post had a good explanation about grown women and Twilight:

Link to Story

nice read. mostof the list is dumb. like one was "its so bad, its great"?????

#2 edward the pale one, handsome

#1 romance

so basically that's it. i still cant believe its for the adult women.

nice read. mostof the list is dumb. like one was "its so bad, its great"?????

#2 edward the pale one, handsome

#1 romance

so basically that's it. i still cant believe its for the adult women.

It could be something that men are not meant to understand.

What I don't understand is how much box office gross these movies make, because the movies are not that good.

Some movie franchises are critic proof.

• 3 weeks later...

It could be something that men are not meant to understand.

What I don't understand is how much box office gross these movies make, because the movies are not that good.

Some movie franchises are critic proof.

There was some research on this after Twilight #2 came out and they found that the target audiences (teen girls) were seeing the movie mulitple times. Twilight is the girlie version of star wars.

There was some research on this after Twilight #2 came out and they found that the target audiences (teen girls) were seeing the movie mulitple times. Twilight is the girlie version of star wars.

kind of the whole point of the thread. i didnt marry a teen. my wife is 31