Twilight

Clippers of Nfl

Im probably the most lovey dovey guy on this board. I dont mind admitting it. Love the wife. Love the woman in general. Bla bla. Ive said it many times before. What is it about this story or dudes that EVEN ADULT women love the movie series?

I could understand the teens. I was trapped into going to see part 3 at the theater ON OPENING night. omg, there was like 60% teen girls. 30% ADULT WOMEN and 10% men (paired with 20% of the WOMEN)

I know clients and ADULT women that are crazy over this series.

Its a high school love story to ME. What the hell? My wife likes it too. All she says, "i love, love movies" Bull.

Who cant understand the obsession? Who can relate to me? Or who wants to talk smack?

ps. everytime some dude would take off a shirt the audience was like "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh" i felt like a kid. i felt out of place. i cant believe my wife didnt feel like that (and no she wasnt screaming ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, at least she didnt do that)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im probably the most lovey dovey guy on this board. I dont mind admitting it. Love the wife. Love the woman in general. Bla bla. Ive said it many times before. What is it about this story or dudes that EVEN ADULT women love the movie series?

I could understand the teens. I was trapped into going to see part 3 at the theater ON OPENING night. omg, there was like 60% teen girls. 30% ADULT WOMEN and 10% men (paired with 20% of the WOMEN)

Its a high school love story to ME. What the hell? My wife likes it too. All she says, "i love, love movies" Bull.

Who cant understand the obsession? Who can relate to me? Or who wants to talk smack?

ps. everytime some dude would take off a shirt the audience was like "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh" i felt like a kid. i felt out of place. i cant believe my wife didnt feel like that (and no she wasnt screaming ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, at least she didnt do that)

'Fess up dude. You went by yourself.

The number one sexual fantasy of women is to be dominated by a man. That's why they like Twilight. Handsome, super powered men who desperately want them and could take them as their own in a second but who genuinely care for their feelings or some stuff. I don't know, I've never seen them.

My wife loves vampire movies. But real vampire movies, not this crap.

The number one sexual fantasy of women is to be dominated by a man. That's why they like Twilight. Handsome, super powered men who desperately want them and could take them as their own in a second but who genuinely care for their feelings or some stuff. I don't know, I've never seen them.

Im going to try that.

However im only kinda handsmome and I dont have superpowers.

I hope i dont get charged with date rape from my own wife. lol

'Fess up dude. You went by yourself.

Thats how I met you. You promised not to say anything dammit

Since you were trapped into seeing it, you need to trap your wife back.

You tell her that you want to watch Twilight on dvd, but you put it on with Rifftrax. If your wife is a good sport she will find it hilarious.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2T6oMfI9Ro

So that's why Lana likes you.

YOu know it, brother!! :devil:

OH, and for the record, I used to lump Harry Potter in with this Twilight crap. But I have no problem admitting that, although I really didn't get into the earlier Potter films, these last two Deathly Hallows movies were very good. Even not knowing all the details and names and such, I was able to follow the last two just fine and found myself really enjoying the ride. I've seen the first two Twilight films and those movies SUCK compared to Potter.

YOu know it, brother!! :devil:

OH, and for the record, I used to lump Harry Potter in with this Twilight crap. But I have no problem admitting that, although I really didn't get into the earlier Potter films, these last two Deathly Hallows movies were very good. Even not knowing all the details and names and such, I was able to follow the last two just fine and found myself really enjoying the ride. I've seen the first two Twilight films and those movies SUCK compared to Potter.

Harry Potter films got progressively MUCH better as they went along. Twilight has and always will be terrible.

Number two. Number one is a man that lasts more than thirty seconds.

Since she says "i love, love movies", tell her to prove it.

Show her a real vampire movie with a love story: "Let Me In"

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4152756505/

Or "Let The Right One In" Doesn't matter. Both are very good. Which one did you prefer Mark? Another good vampire flick I really enjoyed was the remake of "Fright Night" this past summer.

Or "Let The Right One In" Doesn't matter. Both are very good. Which one did you prefer Mark? Another good vampire flick I really enjoyed was the remake of "Fright Night" this past summer.

i dont think its the vampire aspect too much. i think its the romance. i'll just ask her again.

they better not have this when im 60. i gotta put my foot down sometime!

I actually like both of them for different reasons. I suggested "Let Me In", since there are no subtitles. I feel that both movies have their moments. I think the murders by her "father" in "Let Me In" were more suspenseful. The bullying was worse. I liked that there was a cop investigating what was going on. I liked that there was no cat scene. And the chemistry between Kodi Smit-McPhee & Chloe Grace Moretz was great. Also liked that they clarified that it took place in the 1980's.

As for "Let the Right One In", I did like that Oskar had a relationship with his parents, which is all but gone in LMI, but that makes it more of a lonely world for Owen. Most of the vampire stuff in LTROI is more subtle, except for the ending, which I thought was a better approach.

I did not get a chance to see the re-make of "Fright Night". So I will have to get back with you on that.

Since she says "i love, love movies", tell her to prove it.

Show her a real vampire movie with a love story: "Let Me In"

http://www.imdb.com/...b/vi4152756505/

If you're going to do that, watch the original - Let the Right One In.

EDIT: Whoops, this is already being discussed. I didn't watch the remake because they usually suck, but since you gave it a positive review I might check it out.

As to the topic - my wife loves reading. She read all of the Twilight books, but her exact words were, "I don't like any of the characters... But I can't explain why I want to keep reading them." :unsure: