Condiment Discussion

ajzepp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chipolte hot sauce, steak sauce like A1 are a few others. I haven't had A1 in probably over a decade.

If your going with fries and gravy, you have to go with cheese curds on the fries first, then the gravy.

Using A1 on a steak should be a criminal offense. A good steak needs nothing after cooking besides possibly a bit of salt/pepper/butter.

Chipolte hot sauce, steak sauce like A1 are a few others. I haven't had A1 in probably over a decade.

If your going with fries and gravy, you have to go with cheese curds on the fries first, then the gravy.

you guys are talking about Canada's finest dish...poutine

Using A1 on a steak should be a criminal offense. A good steak needs nothing after cooking besides possibly a bit of salt/pepper/butter.

Personally I wouldn't use steak sauce like A1 on a steak either. "Good steak" comes in all different cuts, fat content,tenderness, aging by the butcher and they need to be treated accordingly. The only thing in common is they should be seasoned with salt and pepper. Most people think the most expensive cut of meat is necessarily the "best". Nothing could be further from the truth. Each cut has its own tradeoffs. Take a filet Mignon of beef for example. Now that is the one of the most tender cuts of beef on the cow, however one cut with the least amount flavor. Filet can definitely use a sauce! NY strip for example could get some help with the use of a compound butter on top of the steak. A flank steak is tougher cut and will need a marinade of some sort etc.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Best commercial BBQ sauce is Sonny's where you can get 1/2 gallon size at Sam's Club for about $6. Has a slightly sweet taste with a faint kick to it too. Great on grilled chicken, burgers, and chicken tenders. This blows Bulls-eye and that Kraft crap away.

The local sandwich place down the street from me has the best spicy mustard I've ever had. I really need to figure out what they're using.

I never really have appreciated the variations in mustard, even just yellow mustard. I can't wait until I get another Philly soft pretzel and I can toss some Plochmans on that baby :thumbsup:

Anyone else like Arby's honey mustard sauce that they use? I've tried finding it in the stores but haven't found one that matches it.

YOu're gonna put that on ur salad...aren't cha!