Condiment Discussion

ajzepp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good friend whose husband's family makes great WNY maple syrup. Nothing like it.

Last winter our CEO tapped his own trees and made about a gallon. We had a pancake breakfast in the office one moring -- ridiculously good.

When we were kids hanging out at the local gas station (yes I grew up in Mayberry) the local old farts used to tell us if we put beer nuts in our cokes we'd get a "stiffy". :lol:

Didn't know you lived in State College, PA.

As i've gotten older i like horseradish more and more, and i am particularly fond of honey-mustard sauce on chicken. Of course, living down here in the south, i've found plenty of brand new sauces and flavors from all over the gulf coast that are amazing. Homemade remoulade sauce, etc.

i think the definition of a condiment includes "liquid and spreadable" - cheese does not qualify as a condiment...lets take it to the judge, OP? are cheeses allowed in this condiment discussion?

Ordinarily I would rule in your favor, PaattMaann, but when it comes to the few lovely, cherished female members of our board, I always give them the benefit of the doubt...and anything else they want the benefit of :w00t:

i think the definition of a condiment includes "liquid and spreadable" - cheese does not qualify as a condiment...lets take it to the judge, OP? are cheeses allowed in this condiment discussion?

Nacho cheese is in, Swiss is out as a condiment.

Creole mustard anyone?

Ordinarily I would rule in your favor, PaattMaann, but when it comes to the few lovely, cherished female members of our board, I always give them the benefit of the doubt...and anything else they want the benefit of :w00t:

Wuss ....

interesting that nobody has mentioned soy sauce ... it's very handy stuff and tasty ... though very high in sodium

For me, it's malt vinegar on fries, if I put anything on fries at all.

No ketchup. Never ketchup. Ketchup is the enemy of all things good.

Mayonnaise is the worst unless you make your own - and even then it's questionable (at best).

As far as mustards go, I love the classic Gulden's Spicy Brown, as well as Grey Poupon, horseradish mustards, and various Inglehoffer's coarse mustards. I can't do the basic yellow mustard from French's or whatever unless it's the only thing around.

As Chef said, salt and pepper are the ultimate condiments, and too often underused.

My go-to hot sauce is Frank's original, but I have some local favorites as well.

Edited by LeviF91

Webers Mustard... I buy some everytime I go back. Suprised no one has mentioned French Fries with Gravy.

lol, I've even mentioned how much I used to love getting a side of gravy with my fries in the past whenever my buds and I would hit Perkins late at night...fries with gravy is very underrated...goes great with a tuna melt :thumbsup:

Wuss ....

I know, I know...but hey, I already have one Lady of TBD mad at me...can't start a trend here! :P