Condiment Discussion

ajzepp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tzatziki on pork or chicken.

PTR

Tzatziki is great stuff. Eat it all the time with chicken and beef pitas and wraps. I also like it as a dipping sauce for battered deep fried calamari. With a wedge of lemon it complements it quite nicely for such a simple bar snack.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Will you all please stop encouraging Ajzepp? He is going to spill those condiments on his new couch before he even gets to put it in his web show for the first time.

:D

Take a jar horseradish, grab a couple spoon fulls, squeeze out the juice and add the horseradish to mayo. Horseradish mayo. It would work with onion rings, crab cakes, hot beef sandwiches, cold subs/sandwiches.

Another easy condiment you can make with ingredients most have around the house is honey mustard. Just mix your mustard of choice with honey.

I don't undertand people that put ketchup on their fries. A potato (see Thanksgiving side dish thread) is so good on it's own.

And vinegar huh? Are you Belgian?

Us Canadians love the vinegar. I'm not a huge fan of the malt, I like plain ole white vinegar. Chip-stand fries with salt, pepper and vinegar is just awesome. Never eat fries without it.

I also like to dip my fries in Anchor bar suicide sauce at the bottom of my wing basket.

Us Canadians love the vinegar. I'm not a huge fan of the malt, I like plain ole white vinegar. Chip-stand fries with salt, pepper and vinegar is just awesome. Never eat fries without it.

I also like to dip my fries in Anchor bar suicide sauce at the bottom of my wing basket.

I don't know. I'm just a naked fry guy.

Heinz Ketchup. Honestly is there a better brand out there? Question for all of you regarding ketchup. Do you refrigerate or keep it at room temperature? I have always kept it at room temperature and it seems like I am the only person who does this. Everyone else keeps it cold. Just curious.

Best Foods(Hellman's) Mayonnaise. I've never tried another mayo, so I have no other comparisons.

Salt: Baileine Sea Salt. A tad pricey, but it's damn good.

Pepper grinder to make fresh ground pepper.

Red Robin Seasoning. I love this on french fries.

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing & Dip. Best tasting ranch mix.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned any sweet condiments. So here goes.

Log Cabin Maple Syrup. The best of the big company brands.

C&H Sugar

Cinnamon/Sugar. I love this on a hot bowl of Cream of Wheat.

Q: Do I need to refrigerate Ketchup? A: Because of its natural acidity, Heinz® Ketchup is shelf-stable. However, its stability after opening can be affected by storage conditions. We recommend that this product, like any processed food, be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration will maintain the best product quality after opening.

http://www.heinzketchup.com/FAQ.aspx

If you eat a restaurant that serves ketchup, it more than likely the bottles get filled from a big bag of ketchup out of a ketchup machine that is attached to the wall which is at room temperature.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever