What changes should the Bills make?

Jerry Jabber

Buffalo Rumblings posted a good column on 3 changes to the Bills should make.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/11/14/2560496/buffalo-bills-cj-spiller-alex-carrington-justin-rogers#storyjump

Here's my suggestions:

Bench Donald Jones and keep him on Special Teams.

Resign Kamar Aiken and give him a shot with the starters.

Use Spiller in the same capacity that Parrish was used last year, in the slot.

Line up both Spiller & Jackson in the backfield

Try some reverses.

Get Brad Smith involved more in the game.

Go back to the 4-3 defense

Use Dareus as a full-time DT, with Spencer Johnson/Dwan Edwards/Troup & Heard rotating in at DT.

Use Kelsay (when healthy) Moats, Batten and Carrington as DE’s. Moats & Batten are former 4-3 DE’s, so why not give them reps at DE.

Your suggestions...

:thumbsup::thumbsup: That would be a good start!!

Jerry, I think you have some good ideas listed in your original post. I doubt if switching to a 4-3 this late is going to make a difference, though.

I like the running reverses as you mentioned.

I also think doing things like using a 2 minute offense a few times a game,even well before half time, going on a quick count w/ a quarterback sneak on 3rd & 1 (or less as in the Jets game!), tight end screens, a little more wild cat,set up screens to get Fred & CJ into the open field, things that would make us less predictable!!! Clearly teams are prepared for our offense's play selection.

As for our defense, I don't know, mix up blitzes better?, jam recievers at the LOS?, be more aggressive at ball hawking by the D backs?, and, acquire better people on defense during the off season. Clearly there's a lot of holes to fill, on both sides of the ball.

GO BILLS.

Buffalo Rumblings posted a good column on 3 changes to the Bills should make.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/11/14/2560496/buffalo-bills-cj-spiller-alex-carrington-justin-rogers#storyjump

Here's my suggestions:

Bench Donald Jones and keep him on Special Teams.

Resign Kamar Aiken and give him a shot with the starters.

Use Spiller in the same capacity that Parrish was used last year, in the slot.

Line up both Spiller & Jackson in the backfield

Try some reverses.

Get Brad Smith involved more in the game.

Go back to the 4-3 defense

Use Dareus as a full-time DT, with Spencer Johnson/Dwan Edwards/Troup & Heard rotating in at DT.

Use Kelsay (when healthy) Moats, Batten and Carrington as DE’s. Moats & Batten are former 4-3 DE’s, so why not give them reps at DE.

Your suggestions...

See my signature.