The Injury Excuse Is Totally Pathetic

BuffaloBaumer

The Patriots defense is even worse than ours but you know what, they actually have a NFL caliber coaching staff that creates game plans around specific teams they play. The Bills are getting worse and worse every week and there are no answers. Hey, I expected 3 wins tops this year so the fact that they gave me a half of season is great. The sad fact remains that my expectations are so pathetically low for this team that this season has already been deemed successful in my eyes.....The painful part is that they actually got my hopes up and had me thinking playoffs which was my fault to begin with...

The Sabres (oddly enough), are the the ones who make me sick to my stomach this morning. If I was Miller, I would directly call out my team and not worry about any backlash...What a CRAPPY sports weekend!

The Patriots defense is even worse than ours but you know what, they actually have a NFL caliber coaching staff that creates game plans around specific teams they play. The Bills are getting worse and worse every week and there are no answers. Hey, I expected 3 wins tops this year so the fact that they gave me a half of season is great. The sad fact remains that my expectations are so pathetically low for this team that this season has already been deemed successful in my eyes.....The painful part is that they actually got my hopes up and had me thinking playoffs which was my fault to begin with...

The Sabres (oddly enough), are the the ones who make me sick to my stomach this morning. If I was Miller, I would directly call out my team and not worry about any backlash...What a CRAPPY sports weekend!

I was thinking the same thing last night watching the Pats defense get pressure and make Sanchez look like the QB he really is, crap. They have injuries all over the place, and other then Wilfork they are pretty much no name. The difference is clearly coaching, game planning, and putting your players in the right places to make plays.

What is killing the Bills is the OLine injuries.

Since the Bills lost 2 or is it 3 linemen in the last 3 week the run game has come to a virtual halt.

Exactly!!!! the defense has been garbage from the beginning but losing both Bell and Hairston was a big blow.

Considering this team isn't very deep with talent, injuries affect this team more then for example green bay last year. 2 question marks coming into the season, will the run defense improve? Yes, but lost merriman and Williams Thats a big blow to a team with talent and run defense issues. How will our tackles play? Well they've played good but now the top 2 left tackles have been out and now have a makeshift oline. These injuries are key and are reason why this team isn't the same as it was the first 7 games.

I still don't buy it.....getting zero pressure on a QB after so many weeks of trying comes down to coaching and schemes. Good coaches find a way to get around injuries and adapt with the players they have. Do I think the Bills should be winning these games? No, but put together some sort of a gameplan that does not expose you for every single weakness you have....

I still don't buy it.....getting zero pressure on a QB after so many weeks of trying comes down to coaching and schemes. Good coaches find a way to get around injuries and adapt with the players they have. Do I think the Bills should be winning these games? No, but put together some sort of a gameplan that does not expose you for every single weakness you have....

Bullschitt. Sacks do not equal pressure. They are but one indicator of it. There was all kinds of pressure against Philly and New England, and it led to turnovers, which just happen to be better than sacks. Watch the games before making unsubstantiated blanket statements.

Btw: those wins came before the spat of front 7 injuries, so your premise is fatally flawed. Whomever said we lack depth made the smartest point of the thread so far.

Bullschitt. Sacks do not equal pressure. They are but one indicator of it. There was all kinds of pressure against Philly and New England, and it led to turnovers, which just happen to be better than sacks. Watch the games before making unsubstantiated blanket statements.

Btw: those wins came before the spat of front 7 injuries, so your premise is fatally flawed. Whomever said we lack depth made the smartest point of the thread so far.

OK, so when the Jets exposed them for what they are and then Dallas does the same, just don't adjust - gotcha

OK, so when the Jets exposed them for what they are and then Dallas does the same, just don't adjust - gotcha

Dude, when " what they are" is a team without its all pro top defensive performer DT, and two starting OLBs, what do you expect? Those guys were all here when the team was winning last month. This team is still assembling a roster after years of bad drafting for lean, finesse types on defense. And there is more work to be done to build quality depth to push a corps of good starters. I'm impatient, too, but to call the injuries a bad excuse is to not recognize how empty the cupboard was before nix got here. There will be mistakes, but I can't recall feeling more confident about the future in the past 10 years despite the recent struggles.

The bills are a work in progress, while the jets and cowboys are expensive teams built to win now. Even they frustrate their fanbases, believe it or not. Settle down.

Dude, when " what they are" is a team without its all pro top defensive performer DT, and two starting OLBs, what do you expect? Those guys were all here when the team was winning last month. This team is still assembling a roster after years of bad drafting for lean, finesse types on defense. And there is more work to be done to build quality depth to push a corps of good starters. I'm impatient, too, but to call the injuries a bad excuse is to not recognize how empty the cupboard was before nix got here. There will be mistakes, but I can't recall feeling more confident about the future in the past 10 years despite the recent struggles.

The bills are a work in progress, while the jets and cowboys are expensive teams built to win now. Even they frustrate their fanbases, believe it or not. Settle down.

Crap, now Wood is gone for the year...OK NOW I'll buy it as an excuse :wallbash:

Depth is a big issue. When Ralphie's finance guys decided to waive Hangartner, trade Evans, etc., to save a few more bucks rather than invest in the on-field product I expected Karma woukd kick them in the backside. And now with our starting center out, along with 2 tackles the past few games, Kyle Williams, a thin secondary, we have to shuffle the lines again. Ownership decided to pocket $30+ million rather than spend near the cap and provide the coaching staff with some depth. What you see now is the result of that non-football decision process.

Yesterday it looked like the Bills thought it was a 1:30 starting time. The defense might as well have spent the first series resting on the bench. And the line call on the Bills first offensive snap? Not blocking Ware just showed a lack of focus and preparation. You can hang this on the coaches but the players need to step up and accept accountability. There's no shame or dishonor with losing to a superior foe but the Cowboys are just marginally better than the Bills. You're professionals, prepare and perform like one. I remember hearing a quote from Mike Tomlin and it stuck with me 'No excuses, no explanations'.....

I was thinking the same thing last night watching the Pats defense get pressure and make Sanchez look like the QB he really is, crap. They have injuries all over the place, and other then Wilfork they are pretty much no name. The difference is clearly coaching, game planning, and putting your players in the right places to make plays.

Either that, or their no-name players are better than our no-name players :devil:

Seriously...even watching that little punk Maybin squirt at Brady, it's not that it worked but the Jests are clearly getting something out of a player who couldn't see the field in Buffalo.

Whitner is doing pretty well in 'Frisco.

I have to think you're right, coaching and game planning play a big part.

Considering this team isn't very deep with talent, injuries affect this team more then for example green bay last year. 2 question marks coming into the season, will the run defense improve? Yes, but lost merriman and Williams Thats a big blow to a team with talent and run defense issues. How will our tackles play? Well they've played good but now the top 2 left tackles have been out and now have a makeshift oline. These injuries are key and are reason why this team isn't the same as it was the first 7 games.

THIS. A voice of reason in the wilderness.

Edited by BmoreBills

Agreed, just look at Houston who lost 2 of the 5 best players in football for most of their season (Mario and AJ) and never lost a step. We will see what happens with Schaub now out for the season, but good teams find ways to win.