(OT)I just ran into a burning house

Simon

that was a little intense..... ;)

fortunately nobody was home and a quick response from the local FD seems to have it mostly under control.

Pardon me while I go crack about 15 beers.

Cya

P.S. Please don't tell my wife......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

fortunately nobody was home and a quick response form the local FD seems to have it under control.

175415[/snapback]

A dirty player with a heart? Have a couple shots, that will calm you down quicker.

fortunately nobody was home and a quick response from the local FD seems to have it  mostly under control.

Cya

P.S. Please don't tell my wife......

175415[/snapback]

I take it there was a reason for that, and it wasn't just for kicks?

Wasn't your house, was it? No one's hurt, are they?

fortunately nobody was home and a quick response form the local FD seems to have it  mostly under control.

175415[/snapback]

Seriously? sh--, I always wondered what I would do in that situation if it was a strangers house (family I'd be in there in a second), I hope I would do the same as you. Nice going, glad you're okay and the house was empty.

A dirty player with a heart? Have a couple shots, that will calm you down quicker.

No heart here; it was a looting mission;-)

And I'd go for the shots but I'm already about 30 seconds from hurling. ;)

Wasn't your house, was it?

Yes Tom, I'm currently sitting in the midst of a mass conflagration typing about it. ;)

Nobody home, nobody hurt.

But I think the Christmas tree is ruined..... :P

Any flaming kittens?

What do you think started it?

i'm glad you made it out! when i stopped in port a. for a hamburger on my way to the browns game, the story on the front page of the local paper was the tragic death of one of my dear old high school teachers...the guy had woken up at 6am with his house on fire, went outside to wait for the trucks. it was cold out so he thought he would sneak back in the front door to grab his coat. when they firemen came they found him dead of smoke inhalation. something really noxious was in that smoke and it knocked him out almost the instant he went in the door. very sad day for our little town.

Stay away from flavored rums- too smokey.

Don't tell me it was unlocked, if I'm allowed to imagine you busting the door down with drive block I'll feel obligated to crack an early one myself.

Yes Tom, I'm currently sitting in the midst of a mass conflagration typing about it.  ;)

175444[/snapback]

Well, excuse the sh-- out of me. Maybe you were across the street and noticed your house in flames, then had to log on to your neighbor's computer to tell everyone here. Or maybe you had to run into your burning house to log on and tell everyone "Hey, guys, I just ran into a burning house to tell you I ran into a burning house! I'm still here, and the beer's getting very warm!" Stupid ideas? Sure...but nothing's too stupid for a LAMP post.

But I'll give you credit...running into a burning house is original. Of course, now we're probably going to be inundated with threads from 20 more people saying "I just ran into a burning house! I'm original too! Everyone run into burning houses and the Bills will win!"

something really noxious was in that smoke

Sorry about your old friend, jes.

Right now I'm upwind of the fire and my place smells like a paper mill.

Stay away from flavored rums- too smokey.

If I stick my finger in a Captain/Coke right now, it's going to taste like absinthe.

Well, excuse the sh-- out of me.  Maybe you were across the street and noticed your house in flames, then had to log on to your neighbor's computer to tell everyone here.  Or maybe you had to run into your burning house to log on and tell everyone "Hey, guys, I just ran into a burning house to tell you I ran into a burning house!  I'm still here, and the beer's getting very warm!"  Stupid ideas?  Sure...but nothing's too stupid for a LAMP post.

But I'll give you credit...running into a burning house is original.  Of course, now we're probably going to be inundated with threads from 20 more people saying "I just ran into a burning house!  I'm original too!  Everyone run into burning houses and the Bills will win!"

175477[/snapback]

;):P:lol: